Disney is moving us out of our Contemporary Reservation!! Bummer!!

KellyPee

My family are annual visitors to the Contemporary. We visit every November and upon return last year, made our reservation. I knew their might be renovations, but was assured there would be no problem. Now, 4 weeks before departure someone calls me and acts like I won the lottery! They are willing to upgrade our party to the Polynesian at no extra charge. If I wanted to stay there I would have booked it! Upon further investigation, she tells me I cannot stay at the Contemporary and that she will help us find another place to stay - probably the Polynesian. They are also not willing to give us any consideration for the inconvience. We are so unhappy. We would cancel if we could. We love the Contemporary and would have not booked this vacation had we been told. Any thoughts? Isn't there someway we can still stay there? Thanks in andvance for any replies.
Kelly

<!-- / message -->

KellyPee

Original Poster
Let's End This.

All I wanted was some advice and yes, I did complain about the Polynesian - I did not mean to offend Poly lovers or people who cannot afford it. All I was saying was I was ticked off simply becasue we will be paying over $400 a night for a hotel we do not like. Some people have been saying..."it's just a hotel - you only sleep there". Well, that may be their situation, but not ours. The Contemporary played a very large roll in our vacation every year. While making the reservations, I did question the renovations and was assured there would be no problem. Do you really think Disney had no idea the renovations would be taking place on or around that time - come on! - give me a break! They are a very well oiled machine and I am sure there was some inclination that they very well would or could be happening. Which is fine - renovations happen, just tell me that and I would check back and hold off on making the reservations. But to be emphatically assured time and time again that there would be absolutely no problem just plain stinks! I truly do my homework on this and we save all year and work very hard to continue this tradition (which includes the Contemporary) and I am very disappointed -period. All I was looking for was some advice on how to remain at the hotel of our choice. Disney is a magical place and as I have said in my previous posts, we will thoroughly enjoy it. To see this board go so crazy over this is very upsetting and truly not magical at all.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

KellyPee said:
All I wanted was some advice and yes, I did complain about the Polynesian - I did not mean to offend Poly lovers or people who cannot afford it. All I was saying was I was ticked off simply becasue we will be paying over $400 a night for a hotel we do not like. Some people have been saying..."it's just a hotel - you only sleep there". Well, that may be their situation, but not ours. The Contemporary played a very large roll in our vacation every year. While making the reservations, I did question the renovations and was assured there would be no problem. Do you really think Disney had no idea the renovations would be taking place on or around that time - come on! - give me a break! They are a very well oiled machine and I am sure there was some inclination that they very well would or could be happening. Which is fine - renovations happen, just tell me that and I would check back and hold off on making the reservations. But to be emphatically assured time and time again that there would be absolutely no problem just plain stinks! I truly do my homework on this and we save all year and work very hard to continue this tradition (which includes the Contemporary) and I am very disappointed -period. All I was looking for was some advice on how to remain at the hotel of our choice. Disney is a magical place and as I have said in my previous posts, we will thoroughly enjoy it. To see this board go so crazy over this is very upsetting and truly not magical at all.
I don't think anyone is going crazy, this is just the nature of the beast--a chance to debate/argue or give someone's opinion. No one has been kicked out of the forums for behavior; it's just an opportunity to banter back and forth.

This post of yours, to me, makes better sense than your first one. Obviously someone, somewhere has dropped the ball with the rehab. Either someone planning rehabs didn't get information to the people at reservations or someone at reservations didn't get the right info to you that they had. Have you called back yet? I would be curious to see what kind of explanation you are given.

Upvote 0

Iakona

KellyPee said:

Kelly,
Don't judge WDWMAGIC members too harshly. Debate is the norm and most of it was very civil compared to others. Keep in mind a thread that was started mistakenly and titled "Never Mind - Ignore" has had 174 responses and is still popping up since being started by mistake in April.

Good luck getting what you want- to stay at Contemp. If you can't and are not set on staying at a Monorail Hotel then I would suggest AKL. You may be able to concierge for what you are paying and there are some unique extars that can be taken advatage of.

Upvote 0

KellyPee

Original Poster
Iakona said:
Kelly,
Don't judge WDWMAGIC members too harshly. Debate is the norm and most of it was very civil compared to others. Keep in mind a thread that was started mistakenly and titled "Never Mind - Ignore" has had 174 responses and is still popping up since being started by mistake in April.

Good luck getting what you want- to stay at Contemp. If you can't and are not set on staying at a Monorail Hotel then I would suggest AKL. You may be able to concierge for what you are paying and there are some unique extars that can be taken advatage of.

I do not want to seem that I am judging anyone. I have posted only once and to see such a discussion break out was more than I bargained for. It seems like people that have talked for quite some time were having some problems and I felt bad about that. Here I am new, with only one post and people that have been around for a while we're getting hot with one another over something I said. That's all.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

KellyPee said:
I do not want to seem that I am judging anyone. I have posted only once and to see such a discussion break out was more than I bargained for. It seems like people that have talked for quite some time were having some problems and I felt bad about that. Here I am new, with only one post and people that have been around for a while we're getting hot with one another over something I said. That's all.
be honored that you have started a thread that has gotten such strong response. Some people start threads and never get responses.

Upvote 0

Uponastar

One last thing, please. We really want to know how you make out on this! Call! Tell them what you told us. Keep trying! And please let us know. We really do care! :)

Upvote 0

brich

Kelly, no worries, really. I'm not losing sleep, neither should you. It happens more times than it should around here. It just shows the passion many of us have for all things Disney. Put it behind ya and enjoy what's good about this site. I have no hard feelings towards anyone here, including TAC. We talk, we battle, we move on. I just need time off to remember why I usually stay out of such tussles and why I spend so much time here. Now back to my previously schedule hibernation... :D

Upvote 0

KellyPee

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
One last thing, please. We really want to know how you make out on this! Call! Tell them what you told us. Keep trying! And please let us know. We really do care! :)

Well, it's official...We will be staying at the Poly. The phone calls got me pretty much nowhere. We're ok with that. Now, the question is...where should I ask to stay. We always had a phenomonal view of the castle from the Tower. Where should I request for the best MK/Castle view? I've heard some longhouses have views of the MK, but they are blocked by the islands and or foliage.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Kelly,
Sorry you couldn't get the change reversed. I can't help you about the room choice, but I know others here can help. Hope you have a great vacation anyway, and hopefully next year you'll get to go back to the Contemporary!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I just had another thought about this too. If you're pretty sure that you won't enjoy the Poly as much, why don't you see about one of the moderates instead and put the $$ you'll save towards next years' trip? I really love POR, and so do many of us on this forum. As long as you have to switch anyway, it could be interesting for you. again..just a thought...

Upvote 0

Uponastar

Thanks for getting back to us, Kelly. I can't help you with the room choice, either. But as Nemo said, someone here probably can. I am sorry that things didn't work out as you would have liked, but at least you tried. I hope that you have an absolutely marvelous time and I look forward to hearing from you again. Hopefully, your next thread won't stir up a hornet's nest! It was pretty exciting around here for awhile! :p

Upvote 0

K-dub

KellyPee said:
Well, it's official...We will be staying at the Poly. The phone calls got me pretty much nowhere. We're ok with that. Now, the question is...where should I ask to stay. We always had a phenomonal view of the castle from the Tower. Where should I request for the best MK/Castle view? I've heard some longhouses have views of the MK, but they are blocked by the islands and or foliage.
Thanks.

Kelly,

Here's a link to a trip report thread started by Laura22 this past week where she describes her recent encounters with fiinding a room with a nice view @ the Polynesian.

After reading and looking @ her pix, you may contact her via Private Message in case she's given up on reading this thread already. I'm sure she'd be glad to share her experience and offer some suggestions with getting that "nice MK view"!:wave:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=63691

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Kelly,

I would really consider a room at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. Are you going in the Holiday-ish time? Then i'd really recommend Wilderness for its decorations.

But, if not Holidays, i'd definately suggest AKL with the zebras on the savannas and other animals right outside your window. A new experience :)

I've been to most WDW resorts and only AKL, WL and Boardwalk live up to my standards all of the time. I too love the Contemporary but the quality there has been lacking lately (I'm very excited about the rennovation!)

Boardwalk i find a little plain on decorations, but great for getting to MGM and Epcot so i stay there when I know i'm going to spend time in those parks - but just for a all around good stay I love AKL and WL. The CMs are better than the Poly and Grand Floridian in my experience and both places are gorgeous. Just my advice.

Upvote 0

WDWcouple

My wife and I are going up this Wednesday.. We were also booked at the Contemp. We were called and moved to the Poly.. Im pretty stoked becuase they put us in a consierge longhouse 5 mins walking from the TTC apparently, so I dont have to take the resort loop before switching trains. Besides one of the main resaons we are going is for the Intl F&WF

My advice.. ask for the consierge upgrade.... I raised a minor stink, Ive never stayed at the Poly so Im pretty excited.

Upvote 0

MagicalMom

KellyPee -

We have always had a great MK view from the Tahiti longhouse. The concierge longhouse is Hawaii and it has great views too. Just make sure that you have a lagoon view booked. The Poly is also under rehab like the Contemporary, so you may want to call and see which buildings may be affected during your stay. I know it's disappointing to not be able to stay at your favorite resort, but I'm sure that you will still have a great vacation!:)

Upvote 0

KellyPee

Original Poster
Wanna good laugh?

:lol: Well, after we were moved and it seemed that my complaining wouldn't help move us back....my family really settled in and we were truly trying to embrace the whole "Poly thing". We chanaged most of our dining reservations and made reservations at Ohana, (for breakfast and dinner) and we booked the Luau. In the end we figured ok, we have to move...let's make the best of it....And we did. We like to have dining nearby since we travel with my Mom, who likes everything "very, very close". We have been looking forward to the new location and figured we would have fun no matter what (though it did take us quite a while). Well, that being said..I got a call yesterday and they were so, so nice. They informed me that the renovations have been postponed and we will be moved back to the Contemporary Tower. Well, the funny thing is - since we have moved everything around our new hotel- the Poly, we don't think we are going to move. I have to call them Thursday to let them know and I really think we will opt to stay at the Polynesian.

-they are going to think I'm nuts!

Thought you all might like an update.

Upvote 0

tigger248

Wow, that is kind of a twist of fate. Whichever resort you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great trip. And, you never know...you may find a new favorite! I'm glad that everything is going to work out for you, regardless of which resort you choose.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom