Disney in June

Disney Coco

Hi guys, I was wondering how busy disney gets in June?

Looking to go with my boyfriend and wanted to know what average queue times are?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

AndyS2992

Summer (May through August) is very busy as this is peak season and the weather will be very hot and humid with daily 3pm thunderstorms so be prepared for that. The big rides (Space Mountain, Everest, Splash Mountain etc) will have lines of around 60 Minutes or more and smaller rides (Haunted Mansion, Tea Cups, Spaceship Earth) will have lines of around 30 Minutes most of the day. As of recent years attendance at WDW has become high all year round so there is no escaping it really. I always go in August and crowds aren't usually too bad.

Tips:
-Makes use of Fastpass+ to shorten wait times
-Arrive at the park for opening as this is when they are least busy
-Use Extra Magic Hours if staying at a Disney Resort
-Take a daily mid afternoon break in order to relax and get out of the sun so you don't get too worn out or stressed.
-Drink lots of water, wear a hat and use Sun block as you will get burnt and dehydrated.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

As a local I just say this, summertime at Disney is come at your own risk lol. It's very hot, humid, lines will be long and parks will be close to capacity. The parks are usually open later though which is nice.

Upvote 0

photomatt

In the afternoon, the temperature is usually between 90 and 95 degrees. With the humidity, it feels like 100 to 110. In direct sunlight, it can feel even hotter.

At night, the temperature will drop to somewhere between 72 and 75, but with the humidity and lack of wind it's still miserable.

You can still have fun, just be prepared for the heat.

Upvote 0

wdwfan4ver

The week before Food & Wine is the best time to go. Can be quite hot though.
That information might be outdated for next year.

I am bringing that up due to the fact there was an addition week of the Food and Festival this year and who says the amount of Days the Food and Wine Festival has wouldn't increase next year.

Upvote 0

LauraRose

I went in June just been, left the 11th from England. The first three days was a nightmare, we arrived in Sanford and the storm was unbelievable only walked three steps and was soaked through. It poured down in magic kingdom all the next day but we pushed through with out ponchos. The next day was animal kingdom we got there at 9 had fastpass for the lion king and the weather was beautiful not a cloud in sight. When we came out it was again another storm which we thought would pass so waited in a three hour line for dinosaur I believe only to find when we came out it was still heavily raining.

All the rides were shut as it was thunder and lightning so we sadly made our way back to the car. Same again the next day in universal but managed to make it till around 1pm without any storms. This was my third visit to disney world and the two previous times I had been in May with hardly any rain. At this point the trip was looking bleak and was only three days in. In a lucky turn of events after that the weather cleared up with maybe an occasional 5-10 minute shower midday but most storms or showers around 6/7pm. The parks were really crowded but we used the wdw app for iphones and had all our fastpasses pre booked for our favourites. I personally did not find it to be a struggle but that is most likely because i've never experienced the park empty!

I'm sure it will be fine just make sure to bring a poncho, although I preferred using a umbrella! Also i bought a Japanese sun parasol in Epcot and that saved me from some of the heat!

Booking trip for July with boyfriend, his first time experiencing the world!!!!

Just bought minnie mouse poncho from primark, very exciting!
mAGkhZqoW6QLHJc5VprydSg.jpg

Upvote 0

Jahona

I went at the end of July this year and it seemed very manageable. It rained surprisingly little compared to my trip in June a few years back. I never felt the park was overly crowded.

Make good use of your FP+ and check the wait times on the smaller attractions. After you complete your 3 make sure to go back to the kiosks and add another for rides that have longer wait times.

I might be crazy but I arrived to the parks before lunch and then stayed during the hottest parts of the day. The heat never seamed to be that bad to me.

Edit: Just noticed that you changed to the end of August. The heat will be about the same but you might have more crowds as people try to slip in vacations before labor day.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Edit: Just noticed that you changed to the end of August. The heat will be about the same but you might have more crowds as people try to slip in vacations before labor day.

Hmm, the average temp is 5-10 degree's warmer end of August compared to June. Plus, oppressive humidity in August compared to June.

Also, running into peak hurricane season with the new vacation dates.

It's a gamble for sure..

First two weeks in June is my limit - after that, not going back until November when it all drys out fits the bill for us. We got lucky this past Oct, just missed substantial rainy pattern.

Just be prepared.

Upvote 0

Disney Coco

Original Poster
I went in June just been, left the 11th from England. The first three days was a nightmare, we arrived in Sanford and the storm was unbelievable only walked three steps and was soaked through. It poured down in magic kingdom all the next day but we pushed through with out ponchos. The next day was animal kingdom we got there at 9 had fastpass for the lion king and the weather was beautiful not a cloud in sight. When we came out it was again another storm which we thought would pass so waited in a three hour line for dinosaur I believe only to find when we came out it was still heavily raining.

All the rides were shut as it was thunder and lightning so we sadly made our way back to the car. Same again the next day in universal but managed to make it till around 1pm without any storms. This was my third visit to disney world and the two previous times I had been in May with hardly any rain. At this point the trip was looking bleak and was only three days in. In a lucky turn of events after that the weather cleared up with maybe an occasional 5-10 minute shower midday but most storms or showers around 6/7pm. The parks were really crowded but we used the wdw app for iphones and had all our fastpasses pre booked for our favourites. I personally did not find it to be a struggle but that is most likely because i've never experienced the park empty!

I'm sure it will be fine just make sure to bring a poncho, although I preferred using a umbrella! Also i bought a Japanese sun parasol in Epcot and that saved me from some of the heat!

Booking trip for July with boyfriend, his first time experiencing the world!!!!

Just bought minnie mouse poncho from primark, very exciting!
mAGkhZqoW6QLHJc5VprydSg.jpg

Its my boyfriends first trip to The World too! Love the ponchos! Are they in primark now?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom