News Disney Genie+ will soon include Disney PhotoPass image taken at attractions in Walt Disney World

NP7491

Cool additive but I still believe they should bring back the free fastpass. It kept the lines moving and it kept the overcrowding low. It also made you feel as though you were getting your money's worth. Now it feels like you're paying and overpriced cover charge to a carnival where you still have to pay to get on the rides plus food and merchandise. Now if they wanted to do a one price per day or multi-day fastpass for all the rides like they do with park hopping, I'd be down for that but it has to be reasonable and not a crazy amount. I'd say like 50-80 bucks per day and maybe a few bucks off depending on how many additional days you spend. They can even set it up like they used to schedule your first three fastpasses and then after you use your third one you can schedule another one after that and so on and so forth it even included character meet and greets as well. In April 2018 this was the best. I went twice during the 50th and with genie plus it wasn't cutting it. The lines were horribly long and if you see people cutting the line it's terrible and you just want to say something but you don't want to be that guy. If fastpasses were more accessible I don't believe this would bother me as much because the lines would be shorter. Less time and energy spent on conflict more time spent on scheduling more fastpasses.

celluloid

The worst thing about this product is always that you are not having much choice in what it gives you and the backtracking and inaccuracy of operation variables easily cost you more time than a common strategy.

DisneyLee74

I just got back from Epcot today. What a joke. Lines were crazy. Lighting Lane is all that natters to the big D. 6 to 8 standby guest to 40 LL guest. Standby has unreasonable wait times because of this abomination

wendysue

Seeing the value hotels tick up over 200.00 a night and ticket prices are well over 100.00 a day just to walk into a park and then to see that Genie is 29.00 pp over the Presidents Day weekend and will probably just rise for every other "holiday" has been the straw for us. We are not strong ride people any longer, but knowing that we really have NO chance of getting on anything without paying through the nose or standing for 2 hours is the end. I have moaned and complained in the past of things being changed and expenses going up...but then the call of Disney always got me. We are creatures of habit and we would get back from one trip and were excited to book another, but things just aren't adding up in the fun dept. anymore. Every bit of the trips are a chore.

After the last trip just a few weeks ago with my sister (her first and last time, she said), I finally got it through my head that continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome really is the definition of insanity. Just our opinion..but our next 2 trips are scheduled elsewhere. One in Tennessee for longer at less money and no extra for the rides.

DisneyDebRob

Seeing the value hotels tick up over 200.00 a night and ticket prices are well over 100.00 a day just to walk into a park and then to see that Genie is 29.00 pp over the Presidents Day weekend and will probably just rise for every other "holiday" has been the straw for us. We are not strong ride people any longer, but knowing that we really have NO chance of getting on anything without paying through the nose or standing for 2 hours is the end. I have moaned and complained in the past of things being changed and expenses going up...but then the call of Disney always got me. We are creatures of habit and we would get back from one trip and were excited to book another, but things just aren't adding up in the fun dept. anymore. Every bit of the trips are a chore.

After the last trip just a few weeks ago with my sister (her first and last time, she said), I finally got it through my head that continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome really is the definition of insanity. Just our opinion..but our next 2 trips are scheduled elsewhere. One in Tennessee for longer at less money and no extra for the rides.
I could have wrote this word for word. You said it more kindly than I would have but all the points are on point. We felt the same way after our 2 week thanksgiving trip. The nickel and diming is too much for us. Where others obviously see a value we no longer don’t. We have booked a OBX vacation this year and a Maine vacation. Looking into a cruise for next year.
We sold our DVC points for both resorts and they sold in 4 days. People still think it’s a great value which is a individual thing I know so I hope they enjoy it like we have for 20 years but no longer do.

wdwfan4ver

He brought back included resort parking, you want more?
That is not that helpful compared to 4 or 5 years ago. Since Covid hit, rental vehicle prices went through the roof. Before you mention drive from home to WDW, that is over 1,000+ miles and not every wants to drive that far.

Last year was my first time to Florida since 2019. The prices were crazy expensive for rental vehicles when I checked last year. As late as 2019, you could rent a vehicle for $280 to $330.00 for 2 weeks. Also there is the question of what are you going to use a rental vehicle for.

JoeCamel

That is not that helpful compared to 4 or 5 years ago. Since Covid hit, rental vehicle prices went through the roof. Before you mention drive from home to WDW, that is over 1,000+ miles and not every wants to drive that far.

Last year was my first time to Florida since 2019. The prices were crazy expensive for rental vehicles when I checked last year. As late as 2019, you could rent a vehicle for $280 to $330.00 for 2 weeks. Also there is the question of what are you going to use a rental vehicle for.
So you still feed the mouse and complain about the prices? Hmmmmm

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…that’s sarcasm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom