Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

I saw this posted on another board. Thought it was interesting. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything?

"What this feels like to me, based on everything I've read:

A team was put together to address (some) complaints about G+ and developed a scheme that allowed for some advance selection--probably even with a working prototype of the system. That team got far enough along that they were willing to both blurb it on the Parks Blog and talk to well-placed insiders such as the Len Testas of the world.

However, senior leadership in Park Operations got cold feet about changing it at the 11th hour. That's not hard to believe given the rumored scheme was starting to look a little FP+ish, which had its own problems, and G+ was supposed to address some of those problems. Plus, while G+ isn't perfect, plenty of people are buying it at a 10-20% increase in their per-capita admission (at least; a higher %age for APs), and presumably the overall satisfaction rate of park visitors is "good enough."

So, the project is, for the moment, shelved."

ChrisM

I saw this posted on another board. Thought it was interesting. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything?

A team was put together to address (some) complaints about G+ and developed a scheme that allowed for some advance selection--probably even with a working prototype of the system. That team got far enough along that they were willing to both blurb it on the Parks Blog and talk to well-placed insiders such as the Len Testas of the world.

However, senior leadership in Park Operations got cold feet about changing it at the 11th hour. That's not hard to believe given the rumored scheme was starting to look a little FP+ish, which had its own problems, and G+ was supposed to address some of those problems. Plus, while G+ isn't perfect, plenty of people are buying it at a 10-20% increase in their per-capita admission (at least; a higher %age for APs), and presumably the overall satisfaction rate of park visitors is "good enough."

That certainly seems to track with what's happened thus far.

Hard to see how any advanced booking scheme wouldn't just fall back to the complaints about FP+.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

That would not surprise me if it was shelved. They are probably still working on a way to make it worse.

Most people just want to be able to prebook 1 attraction (LL/ILL) per day ahead of their trip so you don’t have the 7am scramble the day of on your vacation and the ability to select your time when you make a selection. That’s it

Jrb1979

That would not surprise me if it was shelved. They are probably still working on a way to make it worse.

Most people just want to be able to prebook 1 attraction (LL/ILL) per day ahead of their trip so you don’t have the 7am scramble the day of on your vacation and the ability to select you time when you make a selection.
I think there plan is to make you zig zag across the parks as much as possible.

Fido Chuckwagon

Thank god.

DisneyDreamer08

As much as I dislike paying for Genie+, I do hope the systems stays as it is now. It works well (most of the time, I have experienced some system glitches that were extremely frustrating in the moment) but honestly, it’s already so confusing, I thinking changing it in any way will simply make people more confused. And in the end, more unhappy.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
As much as I dislike paying for Genie+, I do hope the systems stays as it is now. It works well (most of the time, I have experienced some system glitches that were extremely frustrating in the moment) but honestly, it’s already so confusing, I thinking changing it in any way will simply make people more confused. And in the end, more unhappy.
just change this:
prebook 1 attraction (LL and/or ILL) per day of your vacation 30 days in advance
allow time selection when pre-booking and additional ones while in the parks

DCBaker

Premium Member
The price for Genie+ Multiple Parks/Magic Kingdom options is back up to $29 today - it's been just over a month since it has reached this price (January 4).

IMG_1943.jpg

Find Individual Lightning Lane and previous Genie+ prices at the link below.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

JohnD

The price for Genie+ Multiple Parks/Magic Kingdom options is back up to $29 today - it's been just over a month since it has reached this price (January 4).

View attachment 767510

Find Individual Lightning Lane and previous Genie+ prices at the link below.

I'm going with a family of three to WDW the week of March 10 -- Florida's Spring Break. I first checked with them if they are sure they wanted to go that week. They indicated yes. I then told them about G+ and warned them that costs are likely to be in the high $30s that week. We'll see.

chama1

I was at Disney Springs yesterday and it was full of teen and their parents, etc for the annual Cheerleaders events...to I can see higher prices these days for Genie....and Presidents Day weekend....

Eric Graham

I'm going with a family of three to WDW the week of March 10 -- Florida's Spring Break. I first checked with them if they are sure they wanted to go that week. They indicated yes. I then told them about G+ and warned them that costs are likely to be in the high $30s that week. We'll see.
Wow. That's just for basic Genie. No LL. And, another site said recently where Pirates is having problems opening in the morning. That's one less ride in MK to ride in the morning.

JohnD

Wow. That's just for basic Genie. No LL. And, another site said recently where Pirates is having problems opening in the morning. That's one less ride in MK to ride in the morning.
I make that prediction based on G+ pricing over the Christmas holidays. It got as high as $39. But maybe the week of March 10 will be slightly less than the Easter period of March 15-31. It hasn't yet broken the $40 threshold. But give it time. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom