Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Kman

Yeah it truly depends on your vacation. Are you there for just a day or are you staying on resort for x amount of days? Are you going to be there right at opening staying all day or coming later?

We are long time visitors. We are on site for 3 days and only going to MK the one day. We will do as many attractions as we can but it's not hyper critical as we have done everything countless times. Just me and my wife so we like to relax a bit. The only thing I would love to get on is TRON. At a certain level I would like to try Genie+ but I'm not completely keen on spending more than I have to.

I'm wondering also if anyone has a comment on current crowd levels.

JohnD

We are going to be at MK this Sunday. We have never used Genie+ and we are wondering if it is worth it at this time of year or if that isn't a consideration. Any comments?
My logic is this. Considering what you're spending for the whole trip, what's another $20/day/person? Yes, I know Disney gets more money out of you but you'll be grateful for the less time spent in line. Avatar in AK, for example, was more than 50 minutes all day today. Now, that ride is an extra Ill charge but still worth it over the time I would have spent in line.

James Alucobond

We are long time visitors. We are on site for 3 days and only going to MK the one day. We will do as many attractions as we can but it's not hyper critical as we have done everything countless times. Just me and my wife so we like to relax a bit. The only thing I would love to get on is TRON. At a certain level I would like to try Genie+ but I'm not completely keen on spending more than I have to.

I'm wondering also if anyone has a comment on current crowd levels.
Because TRON is virtual queue, Genie+ won't help in that respect, unfortunately. Just gotta spin the wheel. I have heard that crowds have been reasonable (or as reasonable as they get anymore) post-spring break, but also keep in mind that you'll be there during the weekend when crowds often pick up a bit. Other than TRON, the rides that will likely be bad to get on are the usual suspects—Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and maybe Space Mountain. If it were me, I personally wouldn't get it, because I can hit the hard-to-ride ones at the beginning and end of the day, and then just naturally wander onto everything else as I wend my way through the park with wait times that are more or less what I am accustomed to. That said ...
My logic is this. Considering what you're spending for the whole trip, what's another $20/day/person? Yes, I know Disney gets more money out of you but you'll be grateful for the less time spent in line. Avatar in AK, for example, was more than 50 minutes all day today. Now, that ride is an extra Ill charge but still worth it over the time I would have spent in line.
... this is also a valid point. I just feel Magic Kingdom in particular has a lot to do that isn't an absurd wait, and nothing that tends to be a long wait there is anything that I haven't experienced countless times before. Oh, but +1 for ILL Flight of Passage as a replacement for Genie+ in Animal Kingdom, though. If you're going there, just grab that and build a day of everything else in standby around that.

gerarar

Premium Member
The Tron virtual queue at 1pm has been open for >1 hour for the last 6 days, and >2 hours for the past 2 days.

If you're not on a crunch for time, might be better to just opt for the free BG. Plus, the reliability of the ride is seemingly good, so there shouldn't be that much downtime, if at all.

You can follow the Tron VQ updates in this thread:
Post in thread 'TRON Lightcycle Run Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status' https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...and-lighting-lane-status.980517/post-10588905

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Another price drop for Walt Disney World Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane prices​

Ooooooo, Wow, Whew. All this song and dance to keep on selling Genie despite the users not wanting or liking it. People make the best out of it because it has been jammed down their throats in an effort to skim a few bucks out of the guests. If Disney wants to put the "Magic" back into the Disney experience a good start would be get rid of Genie.

CaptainAmerica

Ooooooo, Wow, Whew. All this song and dance to keep on selling Genie despite the users not wanting or liking it. People make the best out of it because it has been jammed down their throats in an effort to skim a few bucks out of the guests. If Disney wants to put the "Magic" back into the Disney experience a good start would be get rid of Genie.
Genie+ users like Genie+.

esskay

At least it has come down. Optimistic sign
Not sure its optimistic, it's expected. During quiet times theres less demand, so may as well drop it to sell a few more.

I for example am back at the parks in 2 weeks, if its down to $15 I'll probably (begrudgingly) buy it a couple of times over the ~2 weeks. I certainly wouldn't pay $30+ for it. It'll be back up to high prices when the summer busy period kicks off in a few months.

SingleRider

Genie+ at WDW is back down to $15 per person today.

Attachments

• IMG_2684.jpeg
    IMG_2684.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 38

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom