Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

While I would like that, there's numerous other things they could do to make it better:
  • Make it easier to refresh the attraction you want to get to get the return time you want
  • Allow return time selection
  • Lock in the time you select so it doesn't slip after you hit confirm (this is worse for ILLs that you pay for a specific return time, but it's also a G+ problem...)
  • Allow modifying without having to cancel/rebook
And in regards to pre-booking, I don't think going back to 3 is in the cards, but the 7 AM thing is awful, and other proposals (night before, park opening, in the park) are also not ideal for a number of reasons.
  • Get rid of the 7 AM wake-up. Allow first LL selection 1 week before your trip (resort guests length of stay)
First I will say that with daily price changes you can't allow your first LL ahead of time. The other issues you bring up are all due to the amount of people using it every day. The reason you don't get to pick your return time is part of their way to control the flow of crowds.

As @disneyglimpses said the big reason people are finding issues with Genie+ cause they are trying to use it like FP+

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
A message to Disney
tarzan-stop-hitting-yourself.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s because FP+ while not perfect worked better and was easier to use so many wish we could use it like that
It was a dead end. And Disney didn’t get what it wanted out of it. It’s over, it’s done, it won’t be again.

That era is over…we are suffering the effects of it now. It is what it is.

I warned everyone on forums such as this that Bob Iger and his “style” sucked from day one. But the special kool aid was flowing.

You have to build in amusement parks or they begin to fail. Add…divert attention and then revamp behind the shiny new toys. Consistently.

Here we are. All this goes back to that.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The price increases make sense to me because demand is pushing the G+ experience to be a lot less great, especially on peak days.

What I wish would have happend is that this would have rolled out along with a revamp of how it works to make it less frustrating to use.
you really think this price increase is going to make a difference other than for disney and their bottom line?!?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bingo and disneys lack of desire to expand the parks attractions and even when they try to it either takes 3+ years or simply replaces an existing one
I’m gonna defend Disney here: they have no other reasonable business choice to make.

We keep going…there are too many examples to ignore.

They built bad lands and landlocked studios with no capacity gain…and it’s “booked” every day

They shave off parts of normal ticketed days…”after hours”…”holiday parties”…”member exclusives”…and charge a fortune
And people buy them and celebrate that.

There’s just nothing for them to explain/apologize for. They have a bad board and horrible management…and it’s rewarded by customers.

This is all on us.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m gonna defend Disney here: they have nj other reasonable business choice to make.

We keep going…there are too many examples to ignore.

They built bad lands and landlocked studios with no capacity gain…and it’s “booked” every day

They shave off parts of normal ticketed days…”after hours”…”holiday parties”…”never exclusives”…and charge a fortune
And people buy them and celebrate that.

There’s just nothing for them to explain/apologize for. They have a bad board and horrible management…and it’s rewarded by customers.

This is all on us.
Can’t argue with that. It’s. Just. Not. Good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
you really think this price increase is going to make a difference other than for disney and their bottom line?!?
Not one bit…

Jeez…this is not a freshman Econ class. It doesn’t apply to Disney…certainly not wdw. This is where you have to drop the pretense and assess your adversary.

…Praets will be along with Broadway, nfl and Taylor Swift comparisons any minute now…

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Oh Exalted One! The rubes consumers are buying the glorious Genie+ product you suggested we implement, but too many are buying it so the system is failing."

"I'm brilliant! Raise the price, sell the same amount, but call it 'demand-based pricing'! They'll feel special for paying more and we'll increase revenue. I'M A GENIUS! LOOK AT MY BEARD!!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom