Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

dreday3

Haven't we been speculating this has been coming for a while now? I'm not surprised, always thought $15 was low! (for Disney)
We will just be more picky on what days we actually want to use Genie + on our trip.

I do hope they allow people to see ahead of time what the price is going to be for their trip, helps us budget. Telling people to just check price that morning is kind of annoying.

(the worst part about this is the coming onslaught of Bob Paycheck joke posts ;) )

G00fyDad

The Individual Lightning Lane for Rise of the Resistance is moving to variable pricing -

When does this take effect? It is not showing on Disney's website yet. My family already has G+ pre-booked from before they trashed the pre-booking idea but my brother was added on later and missed that window. He now has to purchase this daily. When will we know if he has to pay $10 more per day?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We will just be more picky on what days we actually want to use Genie + on our trip.

I do hope they allow people to see ahead of time what the price is going to be for their trip, helps us budget. Telling people to just check price that morning is kind of annoying.
Demand reduction may be a secondary motivation after profit. I also think it's reasonable to expect pricing before travel as they're already (mostly) demand pricing admission costs and internally forecasting to staff, etc.

Is there anything about pricing being the same or variable across parks? Animal Kingdom, for example, becomes even less likely to see G+ purchases at higher prices.

DCBaker

Premium Member
When does this take effect? It is not showing on Disney's website yet. My family already has G+ pre-booked from before they trashed the pre-booking idea but my brother was added on later and missed that window. He now has to purchase this daily. When will we know if he has to pay $10 more per day?

Today. Here's the official wording for Walt Disney World -

"Check the My Disney Experience app for today’s pricing. Prices vary by date."

Nottamus

Food price increase - I can understand with supply chain things and all (within reason)

Genie increase- just taking more money. Did the cartoon Genie need more pay?

I don’t buy Genie so this shouldn’t bother me, but here we are

Jrb1979

Demand reduction may be a secondary motivation after profit. I also think it's reasonable to expect pricing before travel as they're already (mostly) demand pricing admission costs and internally forecasting to staff, etc.

Is there anything about pricing being the same or variable across parks? Animal Kingdom, for example, becomes even less likely to see G+ purchases at higher prices.
I doubt you will see what prices are before you travel. It's going to change daily. Every other park does it that way. If they announce what the price will be ahead of time might as well let people buy it ahead of time too.

fgmnt

When this was speculated on and the announced, i figured the core feature of this was to effectively raise ticket prices twice a year: once in the spring to get in the gate, once in the fall to get you through the lines.

I continue feeling absolutely awful for families who think they are planning their first WDW vacation when they are actually fighting a losing battle in an information war against everyone else. Only winner is the arms dealer, the company.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The price increases make sense to me because demand is pushing the G+ experience to be a lot less great, especially on peak days.

What I wish would have happend is that this would have rolled out along with a revamp of how it works to make it less frustrating to use.

pdude81

I don't see this making a huge difference to the number of people buying it. Only changing the amount of revenue they receive. $15 was too cheap for this, but $22 isn't enough of a price to throw off most people. I wonder if it's going to skyrocket on holiday weeks or just be more like the DL price

neo999955

In the Parks
No

I don't think the current system works by park from what I remember last month. So I think it'll be a set price for all the parks. AK is the park that least needs G+ of course, I feel bad for people who purchase it and only attend AK for the day.

pdude81

The price increases make sense to me because demand is pushing the G+ experience to be a lot less great, especially on peak days.

What I wish would have happend is that this would have rolled out along with a revamp of how it works to make it less frustrating to use.
I think they are saving that for the next price increase, haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom