Disney Error with FP+ and expired tickets

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
If you have a expired tickets (a 3 day ticket for example) with remaining days left you can make FP+'s. I was trying to see maybe if you could do this, and you can. To go into more depth, the ticket, will unfortunately expired. But you do get more FP+ reservations. I have an annual pass however I went on a trip with 2 people who weren't and they both bought 3 day tickets and because we didn't use the third day, the ticket itself expired, but their was one day left for FastPasses(+). Thought this may help anyone take advantage of this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Were you able to actually use the FP once inside the park? at one point the actual ticket associated with the FP had to be used at the turnstile.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Were you able to actually use the FP once inside the park? at one point the actual ticket associated with the FP had to be used at the turnstile.
I'll let you know on this occasion, but if you just meant used at the turnstile in general. I'm pretty sure I used a magicband associated with a ticket, without the ticket being scanned at the turnstile that day. I'm not sure, I'll let you know, I leave in 30 days.

4disneylovers

I like wdwmagic question. When we go in June, my husband will not arrive until a week after us. I have been wondering if we would be able to use fastpasses booked on his band. We have an annual pass and he is on the whole reservation. I have wondered if they can tell that he isn't actually in the park and not allow his fastpass to be used.

HRHPrincessAriel

I like wdwmagic question. When we go in June, my husband will not arrive until a week after us. I have been wondering if we would be able to use fastpasses booked on his band. We have an annual pass and he is on the whole reservation. I have wondered if they can tell that he isn't actually in the park and not allow his fastpass to be used.
He'd have to be scanned into the park at the turnstiles. He can only physically do that

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'll let you know on this occasion, but if you just meant used at the turnstile in general. I'm pretty sure I used a magicband associated with a ticket, without the ticket being scanned at the turnstile that day. I'm not sure, I'll let you know, I leave in 30 days.
Did you get to test this out?

MicksMom

We were able to obtain FastPasses with a ticket that hadn't been used for entry and wasn't linked to our account.

The FastPass iPad CM told us the FP system doesn't check for park entry. It only checks for valid FastPass data. Guests can take in MagicBands that have valid FastPasses booked and use them even if no one has entered the park using that account/ticket.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We were able to obtain FastPasses with a ticket that hadn't been used for entry and wasn't linked to our account.

The FastPass iPad CM told us the FP system doesn't check for park entry. It only checks for valid FastPass data. Guests can take in MagicBands that have valid FastPasses booked and use them even if no one has entered the park using that account/ticket.
Interesting. Thanks.

MicksMom

Yes, we had been quite surprised to be given this info and then it was: let the brainstorming begin!

The CM also confirmed that a MagicBand also can be used to access 3 FP at a kiosk as long as FastPasses aren't linked to that account.

If Disney ever requires valid park entry to acquire or use FastPasses, then these options would no longer work.

Donald Razorduck

Say I booked a split stay, 3 nights at Wilderness and two at Animal Kingdom through Davids. We got 5 day passes. We only requested the Magicbands for the Wilderness stay to be sent to us but I seem to remember of having the option of requesting another set from staying at Animal Kingdom. If I request the Magicbands at check in at AK but not link them to our tickets and they give them to us we can take them in with us and get 3 FP+ at the Kiosk in addition to the ones we have booked on the Magicbands we got for staying at Wilderness?

MicksMom

Say I booked a split stay, 3 nights at Wilderness and two at Animal Kingdom through Davids. We got 5 day passes. We only requested the Magicbands for the Wilderness stay to be sent to us but I seem to remember of having the option of requesting another set from staying at Animal Kingdom. If I request the Magicbands at check in at AK but not link them to our tickets and they give them to us we can take them in with us and get 3 FP+ at the Kiosk in addition to the ones we have booked on the Magicbands we got for staying at Wilderness?
Your 2nd portion at AKL would have to be booked using a different My Disney Experience account. If everything is linked to one account, it won't work because the bands are then directly linked to all the data in that one account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom