News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

TTA94

Wasn’t there a rumor a long time ago of putting WoC at Disney Springs? They should revisit this idea for the long term.

TTA94

Would TDO do that for Free??

If much is riding on this Show, it should be longer and be more impressive than Starbright Holidays, correct??

Well they’d have to invest in building a fountain platform and such but in the end it wouldn’t cost that much to run and they could also have daytime shows. Does not need to be identical to WoC, maybe more like the Bellagio.

aladdin2007

Well they’d have to invest in building a fountain platform and such but in the end it wouldn’t cost that much to run and they could also have daytime shows. Does not need to be identical to WoC, maybe more like the Bellagio.
I don't see how with boats transportation and things like that

Splashin' Ryan

Disney Springs numbers are very concerning.
If true, I think this is what Disney gets wrong a lot of the time. Maybe the numbers are down but shouldn't that be expected? Obviously, everyone is going to frequent Disney Springs once a main portion of it was rebuilt and redesigned about 7 years ago. So after a while attendance will level out which is ok. Not everything will just keep growing and growing. Now to be fair I'm sure the pandemic, failure of the NBA exp, and so on hasn't helped. If they truly seek that long-term attendance boost, the plan to redevelop the east side and maybe expand the west side, needs to go through.

ToTBellHop

If true, I think this is what Disney gets wrong a lot of the time. Maybe the numbers are down but shouldn't that be expected? Obviously, everyone is going to frequent Disney Springs once a main portion of it was rebuilt and redesigned about 7 years ago. So after a while attendance will level out which is ok. Not everything will just keep growing and growing. Now to be fair I'm sure the pandemic, failure of the NBA exp, and so on hasn't helped. If they truly seek that long-term attendance boost, the plan to redevelop the east side and maybe expand the west side, needs to go through.
If they can’t deliver guests, they will continue to bleed tenants. Empty store fronts look awful at your local mall, but at Walt Disney World, it damages the Disney name. It’s a serious problem.

mattpeto

If they can’t deliver guests, they will continue to bleed tenants. Empty store fronts look awful at your local mall, but at Walt Disney World, it damages the Disney name. It’s a serious problem.

We never prioritize DS on any trip. But the drone show is firmly on our radar if we have a leisure sort of trip in the summer.

A skyliner West project would help Disney Springs. Also, they never brought back the one-way buses after 4 from the parks.

TTA94

I wonder what the plan is for the soundtrack? Piped through all the speakers around DS? Only in one area? New or temporary speakers?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I wonder what the plan is for the soundtrack? Piped through all the speakers around DS? Only in one area? New or temporary speakers?
I would assume it's the same thing they did for the last time, but I don't know why it would done last time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney Springs typically feels busy/crowded to me in the evenings. Maybe they just need to lower rent? lol

wdwfan22

Disney Springs numbers are very concerning. They are desperate.
I don't see how the numbers can be down as Disney Springs is always packed. One of the parking garages seems to be at capacity all the time as well. It may be people are not purchasing the high-end crap because there happens to be an outlet mall only a couple miles away.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Disney Springs typically feels busy/crowded to me in the evenings. Maybe they just need to lower rent? lol
I was going to say, we were there last month and it was quite busy in the late afternoon/evening. But, as a former retail worker, busy doesn't always mean "making money." The entire area is still a "must do" for us at least once a trip. In December, we spent the entire day there just relaxing with drinks and people watching.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I was going to say, we were there last month and it was quite busy in the late afternoon/evening. But, as a former retail worker, busy doesn't always mean "making money." The entire area is still a "must do" for us at least once a trip. In December, we spent the entire day there just relaxing with drinks and people watching.
Yeah other than people going nuts in the world of Disney, I’d say the majority just go there to eat and take in the atmosphere

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom