Disney cuts or just the season?

rt06

Original Poster
My Disney crew, currently in Disney without me, informed me that MK closes at 10PM. Right after the fireworks. Is this normal for this time of year? Also, EMH for Pandora only. When I heard that, I actually said, "Well, I guess I'm going to Universal next time."

thomas998

My Disney crew, currently in Disney without me, informed me that MK closes at 10PM. Right after the fireworks. Is this normal for this time of year? Also, EMH for Pandora only. When I heard that, I actually said, "Well, I guess I'm going to Universal next time."
Only when more people go to universal will Disney ever change.

Rumrunner

I was informed by my Disney rep yesterday that the early closing time reflects the fact crowds have been smaller recently.
In the summer with the heat it would be more customer friendly and of greater value to patrons to extent night time hours.

bluetiedye

Your friends are going to be in for a sad surprise when they show up at Universal at 10:01pm.

1tvfao.png

disneygeek90

I would love to see what the definition of "small crowds" is with everyone. The parks, especially MK, are packed every day I go. I would actually welcome smaller crowds.

correcaminos

I would love to see what the definition of "small crowds" is with everyone. The parks, especially MK, are packed every day I go. I would actually welcome smaller crowds.
Compared to summers of a number of years ago, I found the last two years to be lower. People are going more in "off season" making summer not as busy honestly. That's why we're happy going the 1st part of the summer now.

graphite1326

This statement always makes me laugh. Especially when Universal's posted hours for the month of July are 9:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday with NO EMH's.
We went to Universal last October. The Parks closed at 7:00. After paying over $300.00 for both parks for two people, I felt really ripped off. On the plus side. The parks were pretty much empty and really no wait times on the rides.

AndrewsJ

This statement always makes me laugh. Especially when Universal's posted hours for the month of July are 9:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday with NO EMH's.
Makes me laugh because Disney seems to be doing just fine if a few people go to Universal instead. Honestly I don't think Disney would ever notice if the OP went to Uni instead and I Would welcome a few less people in line. Competition leads to great things. Myself, I just go to both WDW and Uni and feel very blessed that I can afford to own several DVC contracts and visit the parks almost anytime I want. If I could only visit once every 2 years I would still feel very fortunate because for many it's once in a lifetime or not at all. It's theme parks we are talking about not the Girbraltar conference. Go have fun and leave empty threats at home.

POLY LOVER

Smaller crowds, WHERE? I live 5 minutes from the parks and have left many times because of crowds. I can't find a time in the evening when I can go over and jump on a ride in any park. Did Disney forget we have an app that shows the wait times. If the wait times equate to crowds then the parks are crowded.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Smaller crowds, WHERE? I live 5 minutes from the parks and have left many times because of crowds. I can't find a time in the evening when I can go over and jump on a ride in any park. Did Disney forget we have an app that shows the wait times. If the wait times equate to crowds then the parks are crowded.
Don't forget -- the magic of MM+ allows them to schedule CMs according to more finely tuned anticipated demand numbers now, which means they can cut back on staffing which tends to slow lines and increase wait times...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We went to Universal last October. The Parks closed at 7:00. After paying over $300.00 for both parks for two people, I felt really ripped off. On the plus side. The parks were pretty much empty and really no wait times on the rides.
That's the usual time and has been for almost for ever.

They still operate to seasonal hours, as advertised.

disneygeek90

Compared to summers of a number of years ago, I found the last two years to be lower. People are going more in "off season" making summer not as busy honestly. That's why we're happy going the 1st part of the summer now.
Every day I go, which is about once a week, I don't see the crowds substantially lower than a few years ago. In fact, people going in "off season" actually make the crowds always busy instead of having a predictable "slow" time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom