Disney Crafting...

mrtoad

Oooh! I love it! Nicely done- and I love how even the back is finished!

Thanks. :) I am giving it to him next week I hope he likes it. In hindsight I would have painted instead of stained, I think black would have looked better but I am happy with it. I had to do the back of it. Even though nobody would see it once on the wall, I would have always known it was unfinished and it would have bugged me...

MissMinnieMouse

This is such an awesome thread!!! I love seeing everyone's creativity!!
For now I only have 1 thing to post. I have recently made a couple of miniature halloween themed mickey stuff. I have many more things to make in the works. :)
For now, just a photo of my Minnie Mouse costume I made. :)
minnie_mouse_by_guardianbinah-d3ja2oz.jpg

kbmum

I had a Haunted Mansion theme for Halloween last night. It wasn't as involved and spectacular as I'd hoped, partly due to weather and partly due to my son being sick all weekend, but I was happy with the results. :)

This is a large stencil backed with blue tissue paper that was hung on my front door. Sorry for the blurry picture -- my camera doesn't do a good job in low-light and it also created lines across the front of the stencil (which don't exist).

079.jpg

These spirit jugs are based on the cameo pins produced for the Room for 1 More event in September. The white light tap lights gave a much better effect than the usual battery-powered electric candles used for pumpkins.

005.jpg

The Gothic Manor website has a fantastic stencil of the hallway wallpaper. Since the stencil is nearly 20 inches long, I had to reduce it to paint the design on a t-shirt. I used Saral transfer paper and then hand-painted the design, making some mistakes along the way. I would have been much better off to print the design on cardstock, cut out the sections with a knife and use it like a regular stencil.

047.jpg

Just a few days before Halloween, I found three brand new Hitchhiking Ghosts patterns on the JP's Jammin Pumpkins website. They weren't on the site when I had been searching for them a couple of weeks before, so I didn't have enough pumpkins to carve the designs. If anyone is interested in them for next year, they can be found at http://www.jamminpumpkins.com/. Go to the section titled JP Originals and scroll down for the patterns. You do need to pay for a membership to access the patterns, but it costs $2 for two patterns or $5 for 15 patterns. The site has other Disney designs under the Kid's Stuff section.

HGPhineas.jpg
HGEzra.jpg
HGGus.jpg

dixiepixie

:xmas: Here is my Disney Christmas Tree and Wreath. I am working on a new wreath now with Disney characters to match the tree (will post pic when it's done).
wreath.jpg

tree.jpg

disneyjes

I loved reading through this thread! You all are so talented! You've given me some inspiration to try a few new things. So thanks! :)

D15NEY

Castle cross stitch?

Hi all!

I am a cross-stitcher and am desperately looking for the chart of a 'vintage' Disney cross-stitch of Cinderellas Castle.

The finished cross-stitch looks very simple and thats why I like the design of it.

Can anyone help me out? :confused:

many thanks,

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Hi all!

I am a cross-stitcher and am desperately looking for the chart of a 'vintage' Disney cross-stitch of Cinderellas Castle.

The finished cross-stitch looks very simple and thats why I like the design of it.

Can anyone help me out? :confused:

many thanks,

Hi! Welcome to WDWMagic!! :wave:

I know exactly what it is you're looking for, but I'm sorry, I don't have the chart and dont' know anyone who does. Hopefully someone else here will be able to help.

kbmum

Do you happen to have a picture of the finished design? Was it an official Disney design? It sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.

D15NEY

I can't seem to get a copy of the picture from Ebay but its item 370583507651.

The auction has ended for that but hopefully it will still show it. :veryconfu

Edited to say the number does still show you the item, its just at the bottom of the page.

kbmum

I'm trying to find official Disney stencils. Does anyone know what selection is available either at WDW or online? I've searched and come up with very little.

TeresaMRoberts

Hey Everyone,
I just finished making autograph books for our upcoming trip! I printed the pages ( one for each character ). Made hard back cover, binded the book, digitized and sewed embroidery designs for the front, and covered the books in fabric.. They Turned out GREAT!
100_0922.jpg

100_0925.jpg

after making the first one and it turning out so awesome, I made a video of how to do it while finishing the second one. If you are interested here ya go!

http://youtu.be/pAPlX5d62lM

NiarrNDisney

I wanted pin albums to protect and display my Disney pins but I found the ones available for purchase were 1) expensive 2) a bit childish and I wanted something sleek and sophisticated. So I went ahead and made my own and here is what I came up with -

081.jpg
[/IMG]

NiarrNDisney

MissM

Hey Everyone,
I just finished making autograph books for our upcoming trip! I printed the pages ( one for each character ). Made hard back cover, binded the book, digitized and sewed embroidery designs for the front, and covered the books in fabric.. They Turned out GREAT!

100_0925.jpg

after making the first one and it turning out so awesome, I made a video of how to do it while finishing the second one. If you are interested here ya go!

Those are truly fantastic!! I totally want one!

koryadams

My profile picture are shoes my friend hand painted for me!! I designed them and then he painted them! I also have made wallets out of park maps and now going to make more Disney crafts!!!

Kat326

Hello everyone! Love all the work in this thread, so wonderful!!
For one of my printmaking classes last year, I did an EPCOT Center themed linoleum-cut print!!
tumblr_lz309ptVLT1qdmqf8o1_1280.jpg

And for EPCOT's 30th, I drew a little card for the anniversary. C:
tumblr_mati28qo381qdmqf8o1_1280.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom