Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

ToTBellHop

They are on the interwebz!

For Epcot at the very least, a real part of historical Norwegian culture.
Queen Elsa is a historical figure from the Ming Dynasty and I've already mentioned that I have booked a flight to Arendelle. Both the struggle and this ride are now more real.

Mike S

Yup
image.jpg

FigmentJedi

Just like how Mexico had the Aztec gods in El Rio Del Tiempo with Quetzalcoatl as the narrator. Or how China's movie is hosted by the ghost of a famous poet.

Supernatural/fantasy stuff has been around in World Showcase since the start, but it was tied into the cultural heritage of the country.

ToTBellHop

Just like how Mexico had the Aztec gods in El Rio Del Tiempo with Quetzalcoatl as the narrator. Or how China's movie is hosted by the ghost of a famous poet.

Supernatural/fantasy stuff has been around in World Showcase since the start, but it was tied into the cultural heritage of the country.
Are you trying to suggest that the average Norwegian does not find their history since late 2013 inexorably linked to Queen Elsa and Princess Anna?

Mouse Trap

Not sure if anyone else caught it, but WKMG just aired a little bit about the central shops. They mentioned and showed "new" animatronics which appeared to be a reindeer and a goat. Both moved rather nicely (only a quick simple movement) and I do not recall seeing these anywhere. Could these possibly be for the new Frozen attraction?

Cody5294

I'm interested on how much progress has been made inside the show building. I'm surprised disney hasn't relased concept art yet but I guess that won't be until D23

SkylorMatthew

I remember seeing a post where someone got photos from inside the empty building. Are there any more of these? Do we know if it will be the same water ride and track? or has it been removed? :) Thanks!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if anyone else caught it, but WKMG just aired a little bit about the central shops. They mentioned and showed "new" animatronics which appeared to be a reindeer and a goat. Both moved rather nicely (only a quick simple movement) and I do not recall seeing these anywhere. Could these possibly be for the new Frozen attraction?

The deer is from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride and I think the goat is from Big Thunder.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/behind-the-magic-inside-disneys-central-shops/31381660

wdw71fan

Few status updates I got from a buddy yesterday

- Maelstrom Sets are gutted, 1 or 2 murals remain, that's it
- Ride track remains intact, although all ride controls, systems, etc have been removed
- Major queue restructuring taking place, obviously the Maelstorm queue was way too small for a newer (especially frozen based) attraction
- The whole area (Arendale/Attraction) will be one big NGE area.

All I have for now.. More as I know it.

wdwgreek

Few status updates I got from a buddy yesterday

- Maelstrom Sets are gutted, 1 or 2 murals remain, that's it
- Ride track remains intact, although all ride controls, systems, etc have been removed
- Major queue restructuring taking place, obviously the Maelstorm queue was way too small for a newer (especially frozen based) attraction
- The whole area (Arendale/Attraction) will be one big NGE area.

All I have for now.. More as I know it.
Since they are not redoing the track system I presume that means that the backward mechanisms will be used. I can't imagine without ripping out the old ride system that this feature would have to remain?
Thanks for the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom