Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike S

Boy, isn't this the biggest gathering of unhappy grumps ever?

Frozen or no Frozen, more than half the people on this forum will never be happy.

But the people continue to pile into the parks by the millions....
I for one would be very happy if Maelstrom was simply getting an update that kept to the original idea of the ride like what was conceptualized and Frozen was getting a truly brand new attraction elsewhere in MK or DHS. @marni1971 posted this earlier. If only, if only...........
image.jpg

misterID

Boy, isn't this the biggest gathering of unhappy grumps ever?

Frozen or no Frozen, more than half the people on this forum will never be happy.

But the people continue to pile into the parks by the millions....
I've heard this lame argument for years. And it's the fact they lean heavily on MK for those millions and shut down half their resorts they can't fill.

Yes, people are still going to go, and yes, the other Disney parks (and UNI) are experiencing explosions in attendance while WDW stays the same, as TDO tap dances to a parasitic business theory to keep those numbers level without investment.

At worst, this response is the worst thing you can give TDO. Blaming the guests for actually caring enough to be upset about the park they love, enabling the worst aspects of TDO. You wouldn't be getting anything of significance in WDW had they not been forced to do it.

Mouse Trap

I've heard this lame argument for years. And it's the fact they lean heavily on MK for those millions and shut down half their resorts they can't fill.

Yes, people are still going to go, and yes, the other Disney parks (and UNI) are experiencing explosions in attendance while WDW stays the same, as TDO tap dances to a parasitic business theory to keep those numbers level without investment.

At worst, this response is the worst thing you can give TDO. Blaming the guests for actually caring enough to be upset about the park they love, enabling the worst aspects of TDO. You wouldn't be getting anything of significance in WDW had they not been forced to do it.

Am I blaming the guests? Or a insignificant portion of Disney fanatics on a Disney forum? Let's be 100% clear here, the people on Disney forums DO NOT represent the typical Disney guest.

As noted in a seperate thread, any non-Disney site reporting the news is receiving a whole different crop of feedback.

The average Disney guest seems to believe Maelstrom is totally dispensible and should go. A proper attraction is not hapening because most tourists have demonstrated content without seeing one.

JoshG73103

So in other words, if this is true, doubt it knowing Disney, my prediction of the time ling\e wasn’t that far off… opening Early 2017? LOL.

In all seriousness… do we have a time line. Ain’t nobody got time to read through 5000 pages.

The report said the ride would be open by early 2016 (so give Disney their usual extension period given the extra time they usually take when it comes to opening new attractions), and we're probably looking at a mid-to-late 2016 opening. Sound like a healthy amount of time for a new ride to me.

rct247

Am I blaming the guests? Or a insignificant portion of Disney fanatics on a Disney forum? Let's be 100% clear here, the people on Disney forums DO NOT represent the typical Disney guest.

As noted in a seperate thread, any non-Disney site reporting the news is receiving a whole different crop of feedback.

The average Disney guest seems to believe Maelstrom is totally dispensible and should go. A proper attraction is not hapening because most tourists have demonstrated content without seeing one.

I'm not sure about that either. The news has made it to CNN and the comments there show people sick of Frozen. Friends not even frequent visitors to the Disney parks in other states are posting on my Facebook about the news in similar fashion. "Aww, my family really liked that ride". or "Is that the ride where they say DISAPPEAR DISAPPER? Oh, I'm going to miss that."

I think the average first time guests or once in your lifers will not think anything of the ride or have a connection with it, but many guests who have been a few times even if they are not fanatics have some sort of connection that they will miss.

flynnibus

Premium Member

...They're tourists.. what do they know...

You'd be better off to study how that innocent comic jab in Muppets3D rings quite true.. and how dangerous it is if you justify your own actions with that mentality.

Just because the general population is too ignorant to have the foresight to understand why a choice is a bad one doesn't make the choice a GOOD ONE :banghead:

It's amazing how people are so quickly people forget or discount the philosophies that lead to Disney being different and it's success.

Mouse Trap

I'm not sure about that either. The news has made it to CNN and the comments there show people sick of Frozen. Friends not even frequent visitors to the Disney parks in other states are posting on my Facebook about the news in similar fashion. "Aww, my family really liked that ride". or "Is that the ride where they say DISAPPEAR DISAPPER? Oh, I'm going to miss that."

I think the average first time guests or once in your lifers will not think anything of the ride or have a connection with it, but many guests who have been a few times even if they are not fanatics have some sort of connection that they will miss.

Actually they wont, and there are hundreds of in-park surveys which confirm this.

JordanNite

The last decade or so has been poor by Disney, no one can walk away from it. Even with gallioth attractions like Toy Story, they done nothing more than a cheap shooter.

Until Igor and co leave, we'll continue to see a lack of investment. It's the way it goes. The current CEO doesn't do theme parks, he doesn't feel them. It's about the $$$, nothing else. But ultimately in the long run he is doing the theme park divison a lot of harm. Without investment, even the next CEO will take 5 or so years to begin putting into place upgrades, attractions, and in that time with stagnated parks the attendance will surely drop - unless new international guests keep coming for the first time from emerging markets like Brazil, etc.

Even now, they're only having growth rates of 2% annually a year .. if they invested they could get that into double figures.

If only the attendance would fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom