Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

ChimneySweep49

Maybe a few people (namely the management) need to be reminded of the plaque outside the park...
epcot-dedication-plaque-1-12.jpg

But, who cares! Frozen ahead! And coming soon, Frozen, the M&G line experience! Only $299.95! Don't forget your MagicBand!
But that is educational nonsense! Who has time for such learning & cultural rubbish?? We need more princesses! PRINCESSES! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*jumps off a cliff*

Belowthesurface

Where do I start?

20k should still be in MK
AC should still be open at PI or at least relocated.
Horizons should have been continually updated.
The post show at M:S is beyond craptacular.
A special events pavilion should have been built on one of the expansion pads and WoL should still be open.
What has happened to the Imagination pavilion is nothing short of criminal.
I would love to personally place C4 charges at the base of the BAH.
SM should have been gutted to the walls on the last refurb.

The list goes on and on.

We are now settled.

PlutoHasFleas

I'm at least glad WS is getting some attention. Obviously not the attention everybody wanted, but in my opinion Maelstrom needed something. Somebody will be standing in line, and I hope that parents don't keep their kids out of the park because of their veiws on how WS should be. If a little girl wants to see the new Frozen ride, let her go.

Txrayado

I tried to read all the pages but it seems I read 1 and 3 are added so I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents.

Yes I am saddened by the news, but we all saw this coming.

Frozen is huge and one complaint we all see on the forum is that EPCOT is not for kids. This is a way to bring in more ppl and those with kids to EPCOT.

I keep seeing that WS does not have characters. Don't forget Mexico ride referencing the Three Caballeros and meeting disney characters in nearly every country.

I will close with this quote by disney
  • “Disneyland is something that will never be finished. It’s something that I can keep developing. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need change. A picture is a thing, once you wrap it up and turn it over to Technicolor, you’re through. Snow White is a dead issue with me. But I can change the park, because it’s alive.”

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So Inside the Magic is reporting that this Frozen attraction will be opening in early 2016. Test Tracks refurb in 2012 was about 7 months long to use the same ride mechanics but gut everything else. If ItM is accurate then one could presume they have about half the amount of time to do the same to Maelstrom. That surely doesn't seem adequate.
If they're only refurbishing the ride, perhaps....

ABQ

So Inside the Magic is reporting that this Frozen attraction will be opening in early 2016. Test Tracks refurb in 2012 was about 7 months long to use the same ride mechanics but gut everything else. If ItM is accurate then one could presume they have about half the amount of time to do the same to Maelstrom. That surely doesn't seem adequate.
I'm confused by your math, if they shut it down 10/2, they have 14-17 months to be done by early 2016. How is that half the time of the TT 7 month refurb?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I tried to read all the pages but it seems I read 1 and 3 are added so I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents.

Yes I am saddened by the news, but we all saw this coming.

Frozen is huge and one complaint we all see on the forum is that EPCOT is not for kids. This is a way to bring in more ppl and those with kids to EPCOT.

I keep seeing that WS does not have characters. Don't forget Mexico ride referencing the Three Caballeros and meeting disney characters in nearly every country.

I will close with this quote by disney
  • “Disneyland is something that will never be finished. It’s something that I can keep developing. It will be a live, breathing thing that will need change. A picture is a thing, once you wrap it up and turn it over to Technicolor, you’re through. Snow White is a dead issue with me. But I can change the park, because it’s alive.”
So previous mistakes (such as bringing characters in) should be copied and magnified? And who is this "we"that keeps saying EP is not for kids?

Also, spare me the Walt quotes. TWDC only trots them out when it's remotely convenient. Because let's face it, under this current leadership things like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain would not make it past the drawing room due to a lack of ROI....

Horizons1

I'm at least glad WS is getting some attention. Obviously not the attention everybody wanted, but in my opinion Maelstrom needed something. Somebody will be standing in line, and I hope that parents don't keep their kids out of the park because of their veiws on how WS should be. If a little girl wants to see the new Frozen ride, let her go.
No. Not this. This is not the answer at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom