Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Captain Chaos

It may explain it but it doesn't make it right.
Doesn't even explain it. Inspired by and takes place in are too different things. If they came out from the start and stated Arendelle is a fictional kingdom in Norway, then I'd by it, still wouldn't be a good fit for World Showcase as Arendelle is fictional. But at least they would have put the debate to rest. However, saying the landscaping is inspired by, doesn't mean it takes place in. Only some Disney fans, and Disney management make that connection. Just like some Disney fans think replacing one ride for another, in the same show building, is an addition, and not a replacement.

NJL

NO DISNEY NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

crying2.gif
oops.gif
wtfff.gif

JordanNite

Disney spending millions on this? Eh ... let's get it rite, they won't be spending millions on this. It will just be a cheap remake of the existing malestorm ride, themed to the Frozen movie.

If they were spending millions i wouldn't give a hoot where they put it.

lazyboy97o

I think this might work IF Disney would use the cast of Frozen to help you along a tour of Norway. If this ends up being a four minute Frozen movie dark ride then it fails Epcot.
Staggs' follow up comments don't sound like that idea is on the table.

No company that exists to earn a profit "doesn't give a rat's tush about what any of its fans/customers think." Of course they care what their customers think. They make dumb decisions sometimes but they are not dumb enough to be unaware of where that profit comes from.

Disney is not spending money on a frozen attraction because they think it will be really cool. They are not doing it so that the executives can take turns riding. They are doing it because they think it will be profitable for them. They think it is what their customers want. And judging by the success of the film, frozen merchandise sales, continued popularity of all frozen experiences at walt disney world, they are probably right.

Obviously this is not what the hardcore fans or vocal online community wants. However that says nothing of the opinion of millions of other guests that visit wdw. Make no mistake. Disney would not spend money on this if they didn't think people wanted it. It's one thing to make unpopular decisions in the name of budget cuts. But even disney is not dumb enough to make large capital expenditures on projects that there customers do not want.

I understand being upset your feedback was deleted. However that doesn't mean it was ignored. They obviously are well aware of yours and many others objections to the project. You can't expect a company like disney who thrives on their brand and public image to sit back and allow negative publicity on their own social media platforms.
Once again, Batman & Robin thinking. The "fans aren't worth pursuing and we need to go after the average [stupid] guest" strategy has never been a viable option for the long-term health of a company.

devoy1701

at least Test Track and Soarin' should now have reasonably lines once this opens!

In addition, it will help disperse some crowds (family crowds, not just the touring adults) into the World Showcase. I'm sad to see Maelstrom go....but I hope they do this right, and if they do, I will welcome the addition. Epcot needs some love. This might not be what we had in mind, but it's something.

Maybe WD Animation should consider making a blockbuster based in Germany or Italy next? Or at least finally give us Ratatouille in France.

peter11435

Staggs' follow up comments don't sound like that idea is on the table.

Once again, Batman & Robin thinking. The "fans aren't worth pursuing and we need to go after the average [stupid] guest" strategy has never been a viable option for the long-term health of a company.

When the "fans" complain about nearly everything the company does it becomes increasingly difficult to take them seriously. And those "fans" regardless of what you choose to believe represent a very small percentage of the guests who visit Walt Disney World. The vast majority of park visitors have never heard of this site let along come here to about Frozen.

So yes catering to your average guest is a much more viable strategy than attempting to appease a minority group of bitter "fans."

lazyboy97o

When the "fans" complain about nearly everything the company does it becomes increasingly difficult to take them seriously. And those "fans" regardless of what you choose to believe represent a very small percentage of the guests who visit Walt Disney World. The vast majority of park visitors have never heard of this site let along come here to about Frozen.

So yes catering to your average guest is a much more viable strategy than attempting to appease a minority group of bitter "fans."
Why does it matter if people have heard of WDWMagic? Calling you're biggest supporters bitter is just a means of trying to shrug off criticism that cannot be answered because the people running Disney's theme parks have no passion for themed entertainment, its history or its legacy and in many cases see it and those who enjoy it as just stupid.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

No, it's simply looking to ensure a continuing ROI on a movie over a year from now. It's not creative, it's not special, and it's not about catering to anyone save those they hope will spend on Frozen....

peter11435

Why does it matter if people have heard of WDWMagic? Calling you're biggest supporters bitter is just a means of trying to shrug off criticism that cannot be answered because the people running Disney's theme parks have no passion for themed entertainment, its history or its legacy and in many cases see it and those who enjoy it as just stupid.

Obviously it doesn't matter if people have heard of this site. That's not the point. The point is that the people on here complaining are not the majority of guests.

Disney never called anyone bitter. I did. And the "fans" are not the "biggest supporters." Biggest complainers maybe but you don't represent anything but a small percentage of customers and an equally small source of revenue.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Obviously it doesn't matter if people have heard of this site. That's not the point. The point is that the people on here complaining are not the majority of guests.

Disney never called anyone bitter. I did. And the "fans" are not the "biggest supporters." Biggest complainers maybe but you don't represent anything but a small percentage of customers and an equally small source of revenue.
And how do you know what the "majority of the guests" are saying?

peter11435

No, it's simply looking to ensure a continuing ROI on a movie over a year from now. It's not creative, it's not special, and it's not about catering to anyone save those they hope will spend on Frozen....
Yes. Exactly. Disney is a business. They are making a business decision to make money where money can be made. That's exactly what businesses do.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Ah, But is it long term money or short term money?

The idea of completely tossing the park's concept out the window in favor of a cash grab is a low blow to Walt's gut and us "smart" WDW guests. I haven't seen proof one way or another that the so-called "average" guest actually appreciates this decision either.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes. Exactly. Disney is a business. They are making a business decision to make money where money can be made. That's exactly what businesses do.
And get they crow every quarter about the profits they make, with Maelstrom and Off Kilter, the WS Players, and the fife and drum corps all having been a part of the equation. WDW was a business when EP was built. So what?

Mike S

If going to Walt Disney World nearly all my life doesn't make me a big supporter then what the hack does. Logic would state that someone who's been going as long as I or as long as other members here have that we would have a great deal of knowledge and experience about WDW and know what we're talking about.

MerlinTheGoat

The Disney company would never have grown into the business it is now had they initially (when the company was new) made decisions characteristic of those being made under Iger and similar. Disney WAS a man before it was a business. A man who had the following to say about the core philosophies around which he created the business he named after himself.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
"Do a good job. You don't have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work - then try to trump it."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom