Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

AEfx

Let's please get this back on track please and get off Song of the South...

OK, so another 400 pages of "UGH FROZEN!! UGH!! NORWAY!! CAPACITY!" between now and 2016? ;)

Yes, threads drift...and often lead to interesting discussions. If we really want to stay enforced, they should just lock these threads until any new information comes up to discuss.

ToTBellHop

So who thinks that during "Let It Go", we will get a swirling sparkling room icing up scene similar to the castle lighting show at MK?
I would hope there will be an effect during that scene where to room and water appear to freeze. Surely they can pull that off. Otherwise, what's the point in building the thing?

Brer Panther

In regards to the "capacity issues" thing, I have The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2015, and it features an interesting tidbit courtesy of Jim Hill...

"This time last year, the Imagineers were giving some semiserious thought to overhauling Maelstrom into a Frozen-themed attraction. But after 5-hour lines developed to see Anna and Elsa in Norway, EPCOT managers saw how all that humanity gummed up the entire pavilion and made it difficult for everyone else to get around World Showcase Lagoon. Worried about traffic flow, Disney put this idea in cold storage while it searches for a way to put a really long queue into the existing Norway buildings."

This book was released BEFORE the announcement, I'm pretty sure.

Song of the South's last theatrical release was in 1987. Between that and the long time presence the characters had in comics and storybooks back in the day, that's what lead them to think Splash Mountain was still a viable idea.
Also, they wanted to make use of the America Sings animatronics.

SpaceMountain77

This afternoon, I bought copies of The Future World of Agriculture and The Future World of Energy, so that I can relive 1982 EPCOT Center via paperback text. I will likely read The Future World of Agriculture with Listen to the Land playing in the background.

Lately, I have been scouring the web for articles that speculate on the future of Epcot. Should we really expect a complete loss of the original mission, focused on technology and culture, and a comprehensive characterization of the park?

Goofyernmost

This afternoon, I bought copies of The Future World of Agriculture and The Future World of Energy, so that I can relive 1982 EPCOT Center via paperback text. I will likely read The Future World of Agriculture with Listen to the Land playing in the background.

Lately, I have been scouring the web for articles that speculate on the future of Epcot. Should we really expect a complete loss of the original mission, focused on technology and culture, and a comprehensive characterization of the park?
Just so you know... there is a vacuum in space due to the fact that the "EPCOT World of Energy sucked so bad. That's important information to know.:grumpy:

Pirate665

EPCOT Center is long gone. Now there's Epcot. Completely different beasts. Expect the park to now stay on its current course.

But remember, keep all hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the Iger Moneytrain at all times. Thank you. Your credit card has been automatically charged.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom