Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

spacemt354

Chili's
I quoted posts that were eloquent, logical, insightful and very well written. Who I quote and why I like someone else's post should be of no concern to you.

And, um, no, my tires are *not* anywhere near bald.
25576s3.jpg

This is my car, and just like my viewpoint on this topic -- it is forward thinking and progressive.

14ttyqv.jpg

This is your car, and just like your point of view, it is old, busted, dated, and stuck somewhere in the 1980's.

My opinions on the Frozen are not myopic. Quite frankly, I feel that your opinion is myopic because you cannot accept change. And, I kind of hate to use the word *accept* -- since you have accepted it. After all, you're still here whining about it. And, I'm positive you'll return to Epcot to see the new Frozen attraction.

You also referred to my comments as "spinning my very bald tires" -- but it's insignificant when looking at the big picture. For instance, look at your busted car, it has the biggest and strongest tires in world but it means nothing, and it certainly can't be excluded for being ridiculous much like your argument.

I totally respect and understand the disappointment, but that's life. Just give yourself an opportunity to enjoy something new. You might just like it, if not, there are other things for you to enjoy and look forward too. I'm sure you're excited about Avatarland and Star Wars Land. We can't win them all.

As for your last sentence, it makes no sense to me. It's Disney, cartoons are everywhere, so if I see them in World Showcase I'm not going to flip out over it.

LOL @ this notion of *high brow* entertainment at Disney, too -- that is so beyond funny to me. I can only that hope you're not serious.

With the exception of Victoria & Albert's and possibly Cinderella's castle suite, Disney is the absolute *last* place on Earth that I would consider to have *high brow* entertainment or high brow anything, for that matter. I *love* Disney but come on.

I highly doubt you quoted those posts for their *eloquent* diction. You quoted them because they fit your agenda.

People are still frustrated not because they *cannot accept change*, but because they are against a complete slap in the face to everything Epcot stands for. Perhaps you don't fully understand it or appreciate it, but that's fine. Nobody is forcing you to.

But please be aware that I don't think you *understand* anything. You desire to quote *eloquent* posts yet you stoop to such lows and claim people are *whining* in this post as you whine about them *whining*. Talk about irony.

It can be asked any number of times, but there are still no logical answers to these questions:

How does a Danish fairy tale fit in a Norwegian Pavilion?
In the film, what part(s) of Frozen took place in the country of Norway?

You can put these (**) and these (!!!) anywhere you want...but you still cannot logically answer these questions, and that is why people are still frustrated.

doctornick

The sad thing is that, despite all these pages of discussion, we know very little about the new ride, correct?

I really have no sense for how "good" the ride itself will be (independent of the "should it be in Norway" topic). It seems that load/unload will be at the old unload, adding some additional areas for scenes and a somewhat longer ride, but we don't know much about the scenes or AAs or video or whatever. I hope, at least, that the ride itself is quality.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You also referred to my comments as "spinning my very bald tires" -- but it's insignificant when looking at the big picture. For instance, look at your busted car, it has the biggest and strongest tires in world but it means nothing, and it certainly can't be excluded for being ridiculous much like your argument.

Exactly what 'big picture' are you referring to? And those monster tires that you claim "mean nothing" would allow that car to travel on terrain that would destroy your shiny lamborghini and render it useless. Hardly "ridiculous"...imo

Whats funny and also revealing is that you picked the least expensive, lower model Lamborghini (Gallardo), that simply has a cool paint job. So basically your viewpoint (lamborghini) is the cheapest way to go and it lacks many of the options both physically and visually that higher quality models exhibit, but it looks cool and thats all that matters, right?... kinda like Disneys decision with Norway pavilion.

lazyboy97o

The sad thing is that, despite all these pages of discussion, we know very little about the new ride, correct?

I really have no sense for how "good" the ride itself will be (independent of the "should it be in Norway" topic). It seems that load/unload will be at the old unload, adding some additional areas for scenes and a somewhat longer ride, but we don't know much about the scenes or AAs or video or whatever. I hope, at least, that the ride itself is quality.
If the quality of the ride, as a stand alone amusement park attraction, is good then it will only reinforce the idea and justify further dumbing down World Showcase.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
If the quality of the ride, as a stand alone amusement park attraction, is good then it will only reinforce the idea and justify further dumbing down World Showcase.
It will come at a greater price than some people care to understand. The concept of having a distinctly contrasting theme park from MK is so easily abandoned merely to facilitate what some believe is a "new direction" for Epcot.

That "new direction" will be nothing more than the slow death of contrast. A very subtle yet powerful concept employed by the original designers of the parks who had a more unique, and quite frankly superior method of "giving the people what they want".

michmousefan

Its not EPCOT as much as it is a disgrace to world showcase. Its largely free of cartoons and fantasy. You really have to hunt for any disney related IPs when you're there with the exception of Belle M&G outside of France.
Except for Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, Mulan, Aladdin & Jasmine, Snow White, Donald... WS is already crawling with characters. Many of them are right out in front of the pavilions or not far from the entrances. If there's going to be a place for all of them to hang out and NOT clutter the walkways, fine. But I expect they will still all be in their respective countries as they are now. Maybe they will dump Duffy in the new M&G along with the Frozen folk.

bhg469

Except for Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, Mulan, Aladdin & Jasmine, Snow White, Donald... WS is already crawling with characters. Many of them are right out in front of the pavilions or not far from the entrances. If there's going to be a place for all of them to hang out and NOT clutter the walkways, fine. But I expect they will still all be in their respective countries as they are now. Maybe they will dump Duffy in the new M&G along with the Frozen folk.
I disagree, the characters are always out of the way and their pictures are rarely insight. Aladdin and jasmine are even hidden in Morocco.

They are definitely not in your face like the signage that is already in Norway.

spacemt354

Chili's
As much as I detest the idea of characters in WS, and I don't think frozen fits anywhere, I would be much less upset if they were simply adding a frozen meet and greet in Norway.

The reason you're comparing apples to oranges with this example is because the country of Norway will be gone. By the time this is done,the pavilion itself will become a Frozen pavilion which will lead down a slippery slope (if popular, which it will be) and will encourage Disney to continue adding more characters to WS, basically creating Fantasyland 2.0

Kman101

Maybe if the Frozen fans would stop getting so upset anytime someone voices displeasure for the ride going where they don't believe it belongs, we wouldn't have endless pages of back and forth. It works both ways. Some like the idea of the ride, some don't. I don't think there's going to be much of a middle ground here. It's the same back and forth.

bhg469

I must say it does seem a bit insulting to the people of Norway, "Let's get rid of the ride depicting things that celebrate your nation and replace them with the better things from a made up land from a cartoon" :eek:
Not to mention the gift shop is half frozen merchandise and will probably be more soon.

lazyboy97o

I must say it does seem a bit insulting to the people of Norway, "Let's get rid of the ride depicting things that celebrate your nation and replace them with the better things from a made up land from a cartoon" :eek:
It's not just the ride that is being ditched, but 95% of the pavilion. Frankly the government should revoke the special visas Disney utilizes to bring in workers from Norway.

dstrawn9889

It's not just the ride that is being ditched, but 95% of the pavilion. Frankly the government should revoke the special visas Disney utilizes to bring in workers from Norway.
WAITWAITWAIT slow your roll, Norway has NO SAY as to who enters the UNITED STATES. the visas are US work visas, issued by the US. your point is invalid

The H-2B visa nonimmigrant program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come temporarily to the United States and perform temporary nonagricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, peakload or intermittent basis.[1]

The H-2B visa classification requires the United States Secretary of Homeland Security to consult with appropriate agencies before admitting H-2B non-immigrants. Homeland Security regulations require that, except for Guam, the petitioning employer first apply for a temporary labor certification from the United States Secretary of Labor indicating that: (1) there are not sufficient U.S. workers who are capable of performing the temporary services or labor at the time of filing the petition for H-2B classification and at the place where the foreign worker is to perform the work; and (2) the employment of the foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers. The Department of Labor will review and process all H-2B applications on a first in, first out basis.[2]

Employers seeking to employ temporary H-2B workers must apply for Temporary Employment Certification to the Chicago National Processing Center (NPC). An employer may submit a request for multiple unnamed foreign workers as long as each worker is to perform the same services or labor, on the same terms and conditions, in the same occupation, in the same area of intended employment during the same period of employment. Certification is issued to the employer, not the worker, and is not transferable from one employer to another or from one worker to another.[2]

lazyboy97o

WAITWAITWAIT slow your roll, Norway has NO SAY as to who enters the UNITED STATES. the visas are US work visas, issued by the US. your point is invalid

The H-2B visa nonimmigrant program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come temporarily to the United States and perform temporary nonagricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, peakload or intermittent basis.[1]

The H-2B visa classification requires the United States Secretary of Homeland Security to consult with appropriate agencies before admitting H-2B non-immigrants. Homeland Security regulations require that, except for Guam, the petitioning employer first apply for a temporary labor certification from the United States Secretary of Labor indicating that: (1) there are not sufficient U.S. workers who are capable of performing the temporary services or labor at the time of filing the petition for H-2B classification and at the place where the foreign worker is to perform the work; and (2) the employment of the foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers. The Department of Labor will review and process all H-2B applications on a first in, first out basis.[2]

Employers seeking to employ temporary H-2B workers must apply for Temporary Employment Certification to the Chicago National Processing Center (NPC). An employer may submit a request for multiple unnamed foreign workers as long as each worker is to perform the same services or labor, on the same terms and conditions, in the same occupation, in the same area of intended employment during the same period of employment. Certification is issued to the employer, not the worker, and is not transferable from one employer to another or from one worker to another.[2]
I never said Norway was responsible for issueing the visas. Disney in the late 1970s had the U.S. Government establish the framework that allows the country-specific employees in World Showcase. I think the U.S. Government should revoke Disney's ability to hire Norwegian nationals for work at the Arendelle Pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom