Disney Confidential says Wishes will be ending soon?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I understand Steves point. DLs Fireworks get pulled and there are lines out the door of Guest Services. Even their 4th July show was pulled half way through last year (or the year before) to a lot of audible boos.

I`ve seen Wishes play with absolutely no in-park pyro due to the wind. A missing Tink was just the start of it. Imagine the Villains section playing to music, castle lighting changing colour and NO pyro what so ever. The show still got applause around the hub.

Remember when Epcot showed Illuminations for a few weeks with absolutely no pyro? Instead of canceling the show they made quick changes and got the show going the best they could. It was a strange July 4 show to see, but was great to see it go on!

puntagordabob

Original Poster
I`ve seen Wishes play with absolutely no in-park pyro due to the wind. A missing Tink was just the start of it. Imagine the Villains section playing to music, castle lighting changing colour and NO pyro what so ever. The show still got applause around the hub.

DOH! What is wrong with us here in Florida? My brother from the midwest thinks us Floridians are stupid... if he ever caught wind of how the Guests responded to no Pyro in the "fireworks" show mentioned in this post he would be POSITIVE we are stupid lol....now come to think of it if this is true then perhaps we are stpuid lololol

the-reason14

Wishes is ok, it was great when it first premiered, now it's just..........ok. I wish this were true, as a new and better fireworks show couldn't hurt.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Magical is a vastly superior show to RDCT in every capacity; design, storyline and soundtrack. The only thing I don't like about Magical is the lead vocalist.

Interesting, as Eden Espinosa's stunning vocals are one of my favorite parts of that show.

Wishes is all right, but compared to Disney's other shows, it's stunningly mediocre. Yes, the music is cute and the story is nice, but the pyrotechnics and everything else are a huge letdown. It's even more of a letdown if you've watched The Magic, the Memories, and You before Wishes, and you see what a truly incredible show can look like. I guess the best we can hope for is that they incorporate that show into Wishes after this Memories campaign has ended, because it's incredible technology.

So how long before someone posts something about how Disneyland has to do it because they are catering to locals - and WDW doesn't have to... It seems that excuse works its way into any discussion where Disneyland comes out ahead or superior.

Quoted for truth. This is the favorite excuse of TDO and TDO apologists whenever Disneyland gets the VIP treatment and WDW comes out looking like the red-headed, ugly stepsister.

.:Adam:.

Hopefully the replacement would be a show, not only incorporating the epic-ness of the Wishes fireworks but including the new protection technology on the castle!

Jasper Dale

I'm kind of surprised by a lot of the anti-Wishes comments here. I still consider it to be a top-notch firework show with some great firework design and staging. Along with Reflections of Earth I think WDW still provides the best overall resort for fireworks. It still generates very high ratings amongst guest surveys, but obviously not with some of you.

i agree......Wishes is always a highlight of our trip. yes, they could tinker around and change it, but it is the ONE thing that brings back all my WDW memories. i can easily "transport" myself to WDW in my mind by thinking about Wishes, standing in front of the castle.

i think it would be silly to "change" something simply because it has been around for quite a while. a few WDW "traditions" aren't bad. i like the idea that Wishes will always be there on my next trip. i would be bummed out if they changed it, even if the 'show' is a bit more spectacular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom