Disney Big announcement next week!!!

"new breakthough insites on how the American family travels"

I think its going to be a disney airlines

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

That would be MESSED up! Maybe they can bail out United and American and stop those nasty baggage fees. Help me, Disney! Help me!

I think they are announcing in NYC because that is where the "BIG" media is. GMA on ABC, the child company of Disney. Duh?!?!

I-4Warrior

While it's always fun to hope, this is mainly an announcement about the next big promotion, replacing YOAMD. The new campaign will focus on "Family Reunions" (or some such nonsense).

If you follow Disney fansites for any extended period of time, you quickly learn that Disney press-events NEVER announce anything that hasn't been an absolute certainty for months.

I kind of doubt it as they just did the Magical Gatherings deal a handful of years ago.

TP2000

Last Monday Al Lutz announced on Miceage that Jay Rasulo would be announcing the "Celebrations" marketing campaign for 2009 in New York City on the 18th.

That's all this is, the overhyped media announcement for the ad campaign that replaces the Dreams campaign for '09.

Jay Rasulo also used New York City as the location for the big media announcement for the Dreams Campaign in October, 2006.

This is just the '09 campaign announcement, per Miceage. There was also information about how this announcement on the 18th has pushed back the premiere of the DCA Preview Center in Anaheim by several weeks, which was the real reason why Al Lutz mentioned it in the first place.

SpenceMan01

This just came through my inbox, from a Disney CM/Guest group I am in on Facebook. Take it as you will.

[This] was sent to college program campus reps just a few days ago....

Disney Parks is bringing the magic of Disney in an interactive way to 30 cities this fall and winter. This tour is your chance to grow your resume and put the values and standards you learned in Traditions to work in your own city!

Colorful vehicles roll out the fun from town squares to Times Square, featuring a massive distribution of thousands of free Mickey Mouse balloons with a chance for consumers to win a celebration vacation to a Disney Park!

This is the [unofficial] list of cities that Disney will be stopping at very soon...

Central Eastern Western
9/25 Minneapolis 9/24 Toronto 1/19 Vancouver
9/29 Chicago 9/29 Boston 1/21 Seattle
10/1 Milwaukee 10/1 Providence 1/23 Portland
10/3 Detroit 10/3 New York 1/26, 27 Sacramento
10/6 Pittsburgh 10/6 Hartford 1/30, 2/2 San Francisco
10/8 Cincinnati 10/8 Philadelphia 2/4, 5 Fresno
10/10 Indianapolis 10/10 Wash. DC 2/9 Las Vegas
10/14 Dallas 10/13 Baltimore 2/11 Salt Lake City
10/16 Houston 10/15 Charlotte 2/16 Denver
10/20 New Orleans 10/17 Atlanta 2/19, 20 Phoenix

Sorry for the terrible formatting. The boards apparently don't like whitespace.

My thoughts are the cruise line hitting Europe. There was an announcement that Disney was opening a London based office for the Cruise Line this summer, but as yet nothing has come of it. No official building purchase announced.

Therefore, perhaps they have that office, and are announcing that one of the two new liners will be touring the med shortly?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Mmmmmm a global event, how American families travel, sounds a bit like that so called "World Series" concept of global awareness.

It will be a whole load of anti climax, or window dressing to stuff thats already out there but not 100% official.

Im underwhelmed.

Susan Savia

I'm thinking it will be something along the lines of 2008's theme, A Year of a Million Dreams.........2009 May All Your Dreams Come True Year....or such....

Next Trip - January 2009

PhilharMagician

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

That would be MESSED up! Maybe they can bail out United and American and stop those nasty baggage fees. Help me, Disney! Help me!

I think they are announcing in NYC because that is where the "BIG" media is. GMA on ABC, the child company of Disney. Duh?!?!

Yeah but the GMA show is traveling accross the country by rail next week and will not be shooting from NYC.

MousDad

Last Monday Al Lutz announced on Miceage that Jay Rasulo would be announcing the "Celebrations" marketing campaign for 2009 in New York City on the 18th.

That's all this is, the overhyped media announcement for the ad campaign that replaces the Dreams campaign for '09.

Jay Rasulo also used New York City as the location for the big media announcement for the Dreams Campaign in October, 2006.

This is just the '09 campaign announcement, per Miceage. There was also information about how this announcement on the 18th has pushed back the premiere of the DCA Preview Center in Anaheim by several weeks, which was the real reason why Al Lutz mentioned it in the first place.

leemac on LP has also confirmed that announcing Celebrations is the reason for the NYC press conference.

DizFanatic

they've chosen the site for the new flagship disney store? perhaps it will also site of the first regional entertainment district.
I hope this is a part of it. Remember (New Yorkers) when Disney announced its 'Family entertainment center" in NYC back in the early 90's??? That was the kick-off of the BIG Times Square revitalization. They showed off the concept art for their building on the NW corner of 8th & 42nd street (now a Westin, I think). They even had the DVC logo (just the graphic, not the lettering) posted on the construction barriers. I have the old newspaper clipping in the attic. I'll dig 'em out when I get a chance & scan them.

Anyway.... i hope this is a part of it!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hoopla !!

A major new E ticket?
RoyalsHoopla.jpg

tractorm3

how did they annouce EE when that came into view? did it show up on this forum before they annouced it?

Im banking on new refurbs and maybe another ride either in AK or DHS

This may be the news we have been waiting for. Disney comeback to all the new rides and lands Universal has been adding, but im no going to hold my breath

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom