Disney Audition call suggests Doctor Strange appearance at Walt Disney World

YodaMan

I'm curious to see how this plays out. I would guess that the M&G (assuming that's what it is) will be located near the movie preview. I'll be there in November, so it would be nice to get to see him in person.

Since the performer will be equity, I highly doubt this will be for a meet and greet and instead will be for some kind of presentation/show.

prberk

The last line of the article, saying that the movie preview will take place in "One Man's Dream," is just plain discouraging. I am sorry.

It does not belong there.

Somewhere else maybe, but not there. Walt's story is still amazing, and should be told every day at the resort dedicated in his name. Saw that again over Labor Day weekend with a teenager, and he wanted to see the story after the exhibits. Walt's story still inspires.

I know, I know: "It's a business," blah, blah, blah. Still does not belong there, especially at the exit to a museum exhibit of Walt Disney's life.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If Dr. Strange can be used for a M&G/performance or whatever this turns out to me, seems like the character is available for attractions as well. A Dr. Strange attraction in Epcot can't be far behind.

Actually, Dr. Strange taking over Imagination could work, maybe.

tl77

The real interesting thing is that Dr. Strange has the power to travel to other dimensions... perhaps even the 20th Century Fox X-Men dimension... becuse why would Disney only want "some" of the Marvel characters they own in their parks?

Ismael Flores

Supposedly in some on set photos that were released for Thor ragnarok. People saw an Easter egg for Doctor Strange.
It will be interesting to see how this all evolves when Marvel land is built. Hopefully we see Doctor Strange in DCA as well.

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
33968443.jpg

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
If Dr. Strange can be used for a M&G/performance or whatever this turns out to me, seems like the character is available for attractions as well. A Dr. Strange attraction in Epcot can't be far behind.

Actually, Dr. Strange taking over Imagination could work, maybe.
If Strange took over Imagination then I think it would be appropriate for the pavillion to be re-themed to a "capabilities of the human mind" pavillion, because thats what the past two iterations of the ride have been (and likely a Dr. Strange takeover would be) more about.

I would still prefer the original iteration of the ride to return with updated tech over anything though.

Jon81uk

The real interesting thing is that Dr. Strange has the power to travel to other dimensions... perhaps even the 20th Century Fox X-Men dimension... becuse why would Disney only want "some" of the Marvel characters they own in their parks?

Universal have the theme park rights to the X Men. There is a Storm themed tea cups at Islands of Adventure.

Sped2424

If Strange took over Imagination then I think it would be appropriate for the pavillion to be re-themed to a "capabilities of the human mind" pavillion, because thats what the past two iterations of the ride have been (and likely a Dr. Strange takeover would be) more about.

I would still prefer the original iteration of the ride to return with updated tech over anything though.
No

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The last line of the article, saying that the movie preview will take place in "One Man's Dream," is just plain discouraging. I am sorry.

It does not belong there.

Somewhere else maybe, but not there. Walt's story is still amazing, and should be told every day at the resort dedicated in his name. Saw that again over Labor Day weekend with a teenager, and he wanted to see the story after the exhibits. Walt's story still inspires.

I know, I know: "It's a business," blah, blah, blah. Still does not belong there, especially at the exit to a museum exhibit of Walt Disney's life.

Soon to be rethemed to a interactive exhibit showcasing Iger's rise from a local weatherman to Chairman/CEO of TWDC (soon to be renamed the Bob Iger Corporation).

Ismael Flores

I'm sure it has been discussed before ........

How is universals contract written when it comes to licensing fees. I know they have the rights as long as they want but I doubt that it was a set price. Was marvel that desperate when they did the deal that they set a licensing fee amount for as long as universal wanted the rights or is the licensing fee something that gets renegotiated?

If so why th the value of Marvel up could Dianey eventually raise that licensing fee and eventually become to much for NBC universal to consider worth paying?

Also universal is obligated to promote a certain percentage of advertising money toward Marvel and Marvel has to agree on any promotional material.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom