Disney and Havaianas announce strategic alliance and will open flip-flop stores inside Disney Parks

ABQ

Steve, correct me if I'm misinterpreting the news post, but does this mean dedicated stores at the two water parks and then merchandise in existing WDW shops, like the Emporium, Mousegear et al, but no dedicated, stand alone stores outside of the water parks and the Disney Springs locale?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve, correct me if I'm misinterpreting the news post, but does this mean dedicated stores at the two water parks and then merchandise in existing WDW shops, like the Emporium, Mousegear et al, but no dedicated, stand alone stores outside of the water parks and the Disney Springs locale?
Yep 22 existing stores, plus dedicated at BB, TL and Cal Adventure.

rob0519

From today's Chicago Tribune:

Summer is spent in flip-flops, often the cheapest ones hanging in a store display.
Geisinger Health System in Pennsylvania, said one simple way to protect feet is to reconsider flip-flops.

Cush advises putting a time limit on your flip-flop wear.
"Good, comfortable shoe wear is really important," he said. "Where flip-flops can be a problem is if you find yourself in them constantly."
Thirty minutes is a good estimate for too long to be in flip-flops, he suggested — or, in other words, don't wear them while "walking for a purpose." So if you are meandering in your neighborhood or through a park or on a hike, flip-flops are not your friend. Instead, think of them for taking out the trash or walking to the corner store.
"Flip-flops that only cost a couple bucks and are flat should probably be limited to very short periods of time — perhaps back and forth to the pool," he said.

I'm sure these flip-flops will cost more than a couple of bucks and will still be less than supportive footwear. I've never understood how anyone could wear these all day at a park.

StarWarsGirl

From a marketing standpoint, this is a very good idea. Disney doesn't have to make the flip flops themselves. They will likely sell a good bit of them. Stuff happens. You get caught in a thunderstorm and your shoes and socks get soaked. Your flip flop breaks. And let's face it, flip flops are popular. They'll probably sell a lot of these. Athough I do not wear flip flops in the park unless I'm only there for a few hoursor if my sneakers are giving me blisters and I need to switch shoes for the day, I like the idea of being able to get better-quality flip flops in the parks, especially if they feature Disney characters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom