News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Additional Disney After Hours events will be coming for dates beginning in April 2024. Tickets for guests of Resort Hotels will go on sale January 24, 2024. Tickets for the general public go on sale January 31, 2024.

Here are details Disney has shared so far - more to come.

Guests of Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green looking to purchase tickets early for events from April 22, 2024 to August 29, 2024 must call (407) 934-7639 beginning January 24, 2024. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. All other Guests may purchase tickets for events from April 22 to August 29 online beginning January 31, 2024.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are the dates and pricing for the additional Disney After Hours announced today - the new dates at each park in the screenshots below are for dates April 22 through August 29.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 10.15.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 10.16.04 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 10.16.20 AM.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
TDO wants to continue selling the parks twice in a day under the guise of "lower wait times", and tosses in "complimentary snacks" and some M&Gs? All for the low, low price of $145-175 per person??

"I'm SHOCKED!!!" - No one. Ever.

Better eat a lot of those "complimentary" snacks, if you just can't resist the urge to give Disney more of your money.

Minnie1986

Sad to see that there won’t be any after hours events at MK during my trip. Any chance that they might do another extension (meaning MK past June)?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So lemme get this straight…

People are paying for 5 extra hours to the tune of $170 a pop for characters?
Actual adults with a credit score?

Hmmm…at least it doesn’t appear alot of people are paying 🤓

mattpeto

Drdcm

I mean the principle of it is pretty atrocious, but as a consumer I can do all of MK in 5 hours pretty much and not spend more than a few min in line each ride. I think it just depends on how much people value their time. The increased cost isn’t really that different when you account for snacks and no need for genie +/ILL

I can do just as much during these parties than I can paying full price for the days admission.

Now… if there was an option to have a normal ticket and still be able to stay in MK until 2am, then I would do the later any day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean the principle of it is pretty atrocious, but as a consumer I can do all of MK in 5 hours pretty much and not spend more than a few min in line each ride. I think it just depends on how much people value their time. The increased cost isn’t really that different when you account for snacks and no need for genie +/ILL
I get that if it works for the consumer

But these are not designed for you to skip days instead…that does Disney little to no good.

That seems to be the case more had more. Its self defeating from that perspective

MagicHappens1971

I get that if it works for the consumer

But these are not designed for you to skip days instead…that does Disney little to no good.

That seems to be the case more had more. Its self defeating from that perspective
Not really. Disney is selling the park twice in one day. There’s really no way they loose in this situation

Lirael

It can be a good deal depending on your situation. If you would have gone to buy G+ and LL alongside the regular ticket, plus considering snacks, it about breaks even

I do recommend it for first timers, for example, that would otherwise be spending on G+, LL, and get frustrated with lines etcetc. For myself, I'd only purchase these if I'm in Orlando for too short a while and can use this to do 2 parks in one day without rush

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

As I understand it, people who buy the Disney After Hours ticket, can enter the park at 7pm. But the event per se, starts at 10pm and ends at 1am, so afaik, it's (technically) just 3 hours, and not 5? 🤷‍♀️

Worldlover71

I just ran the numbers for a date in April and the AH ticket was virtually the same as a day ticket plus Genie+. Since the price is the same, you need to look at the pros and cons for each. For AH the pros are low or no wait times, "free" snacks, and no sunscreen needed! The cons are limited entertainment and not all attractions operating (though you can do some of these during the mix-in period before the actual event begins.) Pros for day tickets include longer hours, being in the park during daylight, more entertainment and all attractions operating. Cons include some long waits and having to manage Genie+. I can see both being good options depending on your needs.

micknminnie

Can anyone speculate as to why no dates for January or February have sold out yet? I feel like last year at this time every event in January and going into February was sold out at HS. Do you think they are selling more ticket?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom