Direct to Room Check in

BaconCL750

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone has used this option for check in yet and was wondering how it worked

Thank You

Chris

BrerWayne

I used it a week ago. I had a mid afternoon flight. While walking to DME in the airport, I got a text stating my room was ready and the number of the room. When I got to the hotel I went straight to the room and the magic band opened the door. Then it was off to the parks. It worked really well.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I enjoy walking through the lobby of our hotel for the first time checking in and interacting with the cast members.:)

With that being said - I like getting to the parks and hopping on some rides a whole lot more. :D

I'm ALL over this for our upcoming May trip. :cool:

Yeah I used 3 emoticons in one post! What of it?

Last edited:

Bill 549

I used it a week ago. I had a mid afternoon flight. While walking to DME in the airport, I got a text stating my room was ready and the number of the room. When I got to the hotel I went straight to the room and the magic band opened the door. Then it was off to the parks. It worked really well.

When using the direct room check in process, how do you received your parking pass?

ShookieJones

I just realized we all may be talking about different things...is this about resort parking or theme park parking?? ......hmmm...

I was specifically talking about theme park parking to which I was going to reply:

During the KTTW days we used to flash the card and get waved through. Now we hold up our wrist with MB attached and get the approval wave.

The issue with both of these situations is that if you're staying offsite and had an old KTTW or MB you get free parking. However we have had the occasional CM stop check the date (KTTW) or scan (MB) on the way in.

If we're talking about resort parking -- to me it's the same thing, the only downside is they can't check your parked vehicle to make sure you're a legit resort guest...with that being said. I've never seen a car get towed off of WDW property. :rolleyes:

CaptainAmerica

I just realized we all may be talking about different things...is this about resort parking or theme park parking?? ......hmmm...

I was specifically talking about theme park parking to which I was going to reply:

During the KTTW days we used to flash the card and get waved through. Now we hold up our wrist with MB attached and get the approval wave.
I've never heard of using your KTTW for theme park parking. The "old way" was a piece of paper along these lines:

image_137.jpg

ShookieJones

I've never heard of using your KTTW for theme park parking. The "old way" was a piece of paper along these lines:

image_137.jpg
Yeah...we only used those for parking at the resort hotel. I always read those as being permits for resort parking only.

We always flashed the KTTW and like I said now it's MBs and go on through baby.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So there's no physical piece of paper to put in the windshield? I feel like that would slow down the process of being waved through at the individual park gates.

Yeah...we only used those for parking at the resort hotel. I always read those as being permits for resort parking only.

We always flashed the KTTW and like I said now it's MBs and go on through baby.
Since MagicBands can now be purchased by anyone, simply showing a MB to a parking attendant will not get you free parking. I don't know if bands are scanned to park at the theme parks, since we usually use Disney transport. A quick gaze at the paper pass on the dashboard is much faster than scanning a band. But the booth guards at each resort have scanners, and you can use your band to enter the resort in the gated lane, much like the old KTTW card.

We usually receive our parking pass from the booth guard when we arrive at our resort, then end up with a second one at check-in. Perhaps the booth guards will have the paper passes for all guests under the new direct-to-room system?

stevehousse

I am very interested in this, however I'm afraid of being placed in a room I don't like and would then have to trek to get a different room? Idk yet...At least if I don't like where we are I can ask right away to be moved...

ShookieJones

Since MagicBands can now be purchased by anyone, simply showing a MB to a parking attendant will not get you free parking. I don't know if bands are scanned to park at the theme parks, since we usually use Disney transport. A quick gaze at the paper pass on the dashboard is much faster than scanning a band. But the booth guards at each resort have scanners, and you can use your band to enter the resort in the gated lane, much like the old KTTW card.

We usually receive our parking pass from the booth guard when we arrive at our resort, then end up with a second one at check-in. Perhaps the booth guards will have the paper passes for all guests under the new direct-to-room system?
Good point on the everyone get MB now. I guess that wont work anymore. So looks like paper permit pass it is.

JasonDeyoung

For resort about the only options really is to have a guard check your Id and name every time, show a paper pass, scan your mb or install gates that you scan your mb on. Think that's all of them :)

As for direct to room check in, it is a great option and worked very smooth for me I loved it

Last edited:

diosraw

Yeah, it's a good option to check in, when to book any resort or room all inquiries are done. So after that no issue of this. Its good and work ful.

Halloweenhead

Is there any benefit NOT to check in online? We've just checked in online and you can make up to 2 room requests, do we have more chance of getting the request if we check in face to face?

Also, we live in the Netherlands so we won't get our magic bands until we arrive (we've already ordered our park tickets etc). So will we have to wait at reception anyway?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
So there's no physical piece of paper to put in the windshield? I feel like that would slow down the process of being waved through at the individual park gates.
Yes you can get a printed parking pass at the front desk of your resort and also usually the attendant at the gate to your resort will give you one when you check in with them the first time when you arrive. Then you use the printed pass so they wave you through at the parking entrance at the parks. We did not have to stop and have them scan our magic bands. The parking pass in our window was sufficient at the parks. :)

CaptainAmerica

Should I have gotten my text message by now? I don't land in MCO until 8:00 but I figured I'd get the text by 3:00 with that being official check in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom