dining outside of disney world

mary219

I am wondering what other restaurants(sit down or counter service.even take out)in the disney area you would recommend.We are driving down from ny in august and am a bit leery of disney dining exclusively.I see so many different reviews of the same restaurants and the prices are high at many of them(i realize theme park food is always overpriced,but paying extra for a hot dog or fries is alot different than paying extra for a steak in a sit down restaurant that is just ok ).So I am asking for any advice on restaurants close to disney that are good for a family of 4 ,kids are 10 and 9.I am basically looking for good food for the prices I am paying.Even some chain restaurants that may not be around in nyc area,like macaroni grill,dennys,whatever you feel is the best for your buck.thanks for any advice

Nut4Disney

In the Crossroad's Plaza on 535 (by Goodings) is Jungle Jims. It's got a cute theme your family might like! Great burgers....

My husband and I travel off Disney property only to get supplies (water,soda,etc.). We find that the traffic in these congested areas is another reason to stay and eat on property. We've spent some major time stuck in traffic jams. Plus- Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club is a mere 5 minute walk from EPCOT's back door!

Here's a Disney economy idea. Eat at the hotels. Each hotel has a food court with some reasonable options beyond just burgers and fries. Polynesian just redid theirs. You can get some terrific lunch/dinner items and you're a boat ride from the MK. The other perk is visiting the other hotels. You might find someplace new to stay.

Carribean Beach Resort- you can get a pasta dish with salad for under $10
POP Century has some great reasonable choices in its food court. (seafood/pasta/panini's) ***our favorite one due to variety***
PORiverside (might be in the process of refurbishment- call before you go)
POFrench Quarter
WL- just recently redid theirs- great healthy sandwiches and salads.

Bring your refillable mugs from wherever you're staying and save on drinks.

If you're staying on property you should have no problem getting in. Just tell Security that you're there to eat dinner.

Have a great trip!

Jungle Jims closed last year.

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Giordano's and Sweet Tomatoes show up frequently in response to the "What's your favorite place to eat outside WDW" question in the Unofficial Guide. We tried more than a dozen entrees from Giordano's earlier this month, and it was good "neighborhood Italian" fare. Reasonably priced. Friendly staff. I'd eat there again. Cheese pizza is good.

If anyone knows of a good Mexican restaurant outside the parks, I'd appreciate a reference.

Len

Hey Len,
I heard that on WDW today and wasn't surprised.

Upvote 0

KZevchik

Giordano's and Sweet Tomatoes show up frequently in response to the "What's your favorite place to eat outside WDW" question in the Unofficial Guide. We tried more than a dozen entrees from Giordano's earlier this month, and it was good "neighborhood Italian" fare. Reasonably priced. Friendly staff. I'd eat there again. Cheese pizza is good.

If you are going to eat at Giordano's you have to do it at the original in Chicago!

The only reason I find to eat off grounds is Medieval Times, Olive Garden, and Benihana. Medieval Times is about $30 a person, but it is a dinner show with jousting, horses, knights, and sword fights, a lot of fun. Olive Garden is the original Olive Garden, so if you're a fan, lot of nostalgia value there. Benihana is a Japanese Steak House where they cook your food right at your table, again, fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom