Dining in parks at closing time?

maja127

Original Poster
Can someone please tell me if a park is listed as closing @ 7 pm for instance, can you eat at a restaurant @ 7pm? I know that in the past, lots of restaurants & shops were still open after hours. We want to take our granddaughter to Pizzafari @ Animal Kingdom. thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
A lot of the counter service restaurants operate on different schedules to the park hours. Do you know when you are planning on going?

Pioneer Hall

For counter serve locations check the Times Guide for the park when you get there. It will tell you how late the restaurant will be serving. Remember to be considerate though and not take too much time if you plan to eat as the park closes. Those hardworking Cast Members want to get home.

mickeyfan1973

Dining at Park Closing

Generally, counter service restaurants will start closing gradually about 30 min before park close (or their designated time) and will stop taking orders right at their close time. It's ok to spend a bit of time eating after park hours, Pizzafari is quick service so it wouldn't be too much of an issue unless you get there after 7, which means you probably won't be able to eat there. Most if not all Table Service restaurants in the park will seat people up to 15 min before park close and they will not close until the last guest leaves. I have seen restaurants still running an hour or more after the park closes. The goal is to get the guests to slowly flow to the front of the park, which is why in many cases, you will see QSR's and shops close in the back of the park first to get the guests to flow towards the exit and the shops and restaurants at the front will be the last to close to accommodate those guests.

When I worked at the studios, I worked at Mickey's of Hollywood and also across the street. We did not close down until the last guest walked out of our store, which sometimes could be over two hours after the park has closed, (Fantasmic, Dining, etc.).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom