Dining Help for a Rookie!

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Awesome, thanks so much for the details! I think I have enough great information from everyone to make a decision but it sounds like everyone has theeir favorites and I can't really go wrong!

Any thoughts on Vivo? I have heard great things as well and that its reasonably priced.

JoeCamel

Awesome, thanks so much for the details! I think I have enough great information from everyone to make a decision but it sounds like everyone has theeir favorites and I can't really go wrong!

Any thoughts on Vivo? I have heard great things as well and that its reasonably priced.

Vivo is another great one, can be romantic if you are looking for that. It, like most of the CW venues will not break the bank. Little known but one of my favorites is happy hour at Emeril's for their cheap drinks and small plates at the bar. Really tasty offerings served with the Emeril's flair

Disneyhead'71

We eat at Vivo quite regularly. Fresh pasta and great sauces at a reasonable price.

Antojito's is also quite good.

lebeau

I had a question.

We're staying at Royal Pacific this summer and from what I can tell all of the dining options are table service or bars. Are there really no counter service places other than coffee bars and ice cream?

Disneyhead'71

I had a question.

We're staying at Royal Pacific this summer and from what I can tell all of the dining options are table service or bars. Are there really no counter service places other than coffee bars and ice cream?
Bula Bar and Grille at the pool is the closest to a counter service. But yeah, only table service.

BubbaQuest

I had a question.

For dinner yes. However, the main lobby bar (Orchid Court Lounge?) is a weird mixed use space. In the morning they do have a quick service breakfast area setup. You can grab muffins and fruit or more and eat at the tables or take it with you. I can't find a menu, but it was more extensive then I expected.

JoeCamel

What Bubba said, in the morning there are many breakfast to go options offered then at night it turns into a sushi place so I guess you could take that as well. Jakes and the pool bar serve food and have sit down areas away from the bar. They can be semi-quick serve.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We eat at Vivo quite regularly. Fresh pasta and great sauces at a reasonable price.

Antojito's is also quite good.
If you go to Antojitos get the guacamole made tableside:hungry::hungry::hungry: the sangria and margaritas were some of the best we had on vacation! Another great place that won't break the bank. Better Mexican than any at Disney runs and hides under large rock

Jimmy Thick

I personally highly highly recommend The Palm, I have never had a bad meal and have gotten steaks so tender you could literally cut it with a fork, that's 100% true. Also get the mashed potatoes, if Frank Sinatra had a bottle of Jack Daniels buried with him, I want a plate of those potatoes with me.

It's the best steakhouse in Orlando.

macefamily

If you're into interesting dishes, Cowfish is a must-do. Sushi and many different types of burgers. Also, I know it's a chain restaurant, but Bubba Gump has some great Louisiana-style dishes. I don't really fancy any of the in-park eateries, although Lombard's in Universal Studios has a nice menu. Good sandwiches for lunch, and a nice variety for dinner.

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If you're into interesting dishes, Cowfish is a must-do. Sushi and many different types of burgers. Also, I know it's a chain restaurant, but Bubba Gump has some great Louisiana-style dishes. I don't really fancy any of the in-park eateries, although Lombard's in Universal Studios has a nice menu. Good sandwiches for lunch, and a nice variety for dinner.
Thanks for the Tips!

We have a Cowfish here in Atlanta, and have been several times so we will probably try something we can't often get here.

macefamily

Thanks for the Tips!

We have a Cowfish here in Atlanta, and have been several times so we will probably try something we can't often get here.

Wow. I didn't realize that it was a chain. If you want to try something special, I recommend Emeril's at Citywalk. We've been there several times, although, with a party of 6 going down with us lately, I really don't want to pay that bill.

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hopefully I am not overstaying my welcome in this thread, but I was curious to see if anyone had recommendations for breakfast/brunch that is on property (just not in the theme parks).

JoeCamel

Hopefully I am not overstaying my welcome in this thread, but I was curious to see if anyone had recommendations for breakfast/brunch that is on property (just not in the theme parks).

Happy to answer,
The Hard Rock Cafe has a buffet breakfast last I heard but if you are going for early entry it is later than that. Maybe Starbucks or grab and go then hit it later in the morning.

The Hard Rock Hotel has "The Kitchen" which is a $20 breakfast that you can order omelets and many other menu items til you are stuffed. Not sure when it starts in the morning. The other hotels all have something available for sit down and several have grab and go things.

If you have a car I like Keke's just over on Dr. Phillips from the park. Great service and very fresh food

Jon81uk

For quick service we enjoyed Fast Food Boulevard in Springfield (chicken & waffle sandwich!) and its lots of fun if you like the Simpsons. We also enjoyed Leaky Cauldron.

tribbleorlfl

While you can't go wrong with Mythos for the best meal in the parks, you're missing its heyday by 10-15 years. The menu is now sandwich-heavy and the entrees aren't as creative as they once were.

Of the Potter restaurants, I'd go with 3BS. The decor is more magical and the food (while not as many options as LC) is much better-executed and a better value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom