Digital Layouts

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
NO not hard at all.

do you have a program? in my program there is a drop dop menu with drop shadows in there. i just use that, and adjust the size and placement of the shadow.

I have elements 5.0. I'll have to check that out, thanks.

eagles

i think i remember you saying you had that.

i have the 4.0

so i am pretty sure your features will be similiar to mine. if you need help trying to find it let me know.

i can tell you where mine is. above the layers palette is the styles and effects, there is a drop down menu with layers styles next to that is another drop down. click on that and you should find lots of choices. bevels is another good one to use, but the drop shadow is there also. you can play with the opacity of shadows also.

in elements though, i have not beable to figure out a way to change colors. i think in one of the psp programs you could change colors.

eagles

yes, i think it was in psp that i could change the color of the shadow, but have not figured it out in elements yet. i can't remember the reason why you would want to change the color of shadow, but i must have had a reason because that just sticks with my memory. LOL

eagles

since we are done with our challenge for the week, (at least i am hehehe) i thought i would share another layout.

this is a kit i got from digital scrapbook place.

BG_MulberryPaperBeige.jpg

eagles

here is one i entered in a contest. it will be a while before we know anything, first you enter the version 1 layout, then they critique it, you make changes and submit again, this goes on for a few days and then you submit a final version and then judging takes place.

i have another one in there now, so i will let you know how that one turns out, it is in the judging stage now.

this one here is the first version.

version1_edited-1.jpg

i now i have already used these photos in some other layouts, but oh well. LOL

Coree

Thanks to a quick tutorial from eagles (thanks again!), I did my first digital page tonight. It's really simple since I was just trying to figure out for the program worked a bit, but thought I'd share. I still prefer hands-on, traditional scrapbooking, but this is fun to play with sometimes too.
WaterBaby.jpg

eagles

wonderful first page!

i am glad to see you got pictures on your paper. LOL

now work on details. add bevels and drop shadows. sometimes you don't need the bevels, depends on how well made the embellishment is. but most of the time i add bevels, then drop shadows.

these 2 things will give your tiles and flowers the 3-d look.

the picture frame is one solid piece right? again, try the bevel and drop shadow there.

and one piece of advise....SAVE your work with your layers as a psd file!!!!!!

do not flatten, do not merge visible, try very very hard to keep this in your mind when saving. keep all layers visible, save as psd file. this is something i screw up on everyonce in a while, and well, once it happens to you, you will know what i mean.

eagles

i had my blinders on while looking at the work, i forgot to look at the overall and i just did that.

beautiful picture!!!!!!! she sure is a cutie. now is this the 2 yr old that you questioned a time out chair for? she is so cute that you will not need one, and i can't wait to see some of those pictures.

Coree

wonderful first page!

i am glad to see you got pictures on your paper. LOL

now work on details. add bevels and drop shadows. sometimes you don't need the bevels, depends on how well made the embellishment is. but most of the time i add bevels, then drop shadows.

these 2 things will give your tiles and flowers the 3-d look.

the picture frame is one solid piece right? again, try the bevel and drop shadow there.

and one piece of advise....SAVE your work with your layers as a psd file!!!!!!

do not flatten, do not merge visible, try very very hard to keep this in your mind when saving. keep all layers visible, save as psd file. this is something i screw up on everyonce in a while, and well, once it happens to you, you will know what i mean.

Thank you for all the advice. I don't know how much I'll go digital, but it will be nice to experiment with in down time. :lol:

i had my blinders on while looking at the work, i forgot to look at the overall and i just did that.

beautiful picture!!!!!!! she sure is a cutie. now is this the 2 yr old that you questioned a time out chair for? she is so cute that you will not need one, and i can't wait to see some of those pictures.
Thanks! Yep, this is the one. Don't let the cuteness fool ya! She needed two timeouts last night within like 20 minutes of each other. Ugh. Two seems like such a crucial stage where she's pushing every boundary and limit we set and we feel like we need to be pretty strong about not letting her get away with things or she'll think it's okay. Don't get me wrong--she's fun, and beautiful, and more than we ever dreamed of, but SUCH a handful sometimes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom