Digital Layouts

minnie2000

Eagles - all your layouts are fantastic - I really enjoyed this thread.

I have only started digital scrapbooking yesterday, I did an online tutorial, but these are my first attempts.

This is really addictive - I can't seem to leave the computer now!

digiscrap2.jpg

sledging.jpg

mouselvrmom

Minnie, I saw your pool layout on the other thread and it looks great, but I really love your snow layout! I love those colors together and how you made the word snow look like little snowballs and your snowflake! It's really fantastic!

eagles

Eagles - all your layouts are fantastic - I really enjoyed this thread.

I have only started digital scrapbooking yesterday, I did an online tutorial, but these are my first attempts.

This is really addictive - I can't seem to leave the computer now!

digiscrap2.jpg

sledging.jpg

i love your pages. digital is fun isn't it!

now please do not get me wrong here, i love your layouts. but the next step, try to add those shadows, with digital this is important. it will really make things pop out. that is the only advice i have for you.

but i wished i could come up with those ideas for a page. love the way you have things overlapping other things. i need help in that area. my are always so plain.

minnie2000

i love your pages. digital is fun isn't it!

now please do not get me wrong here, i love your layouts. but the next step, try to add those shadows, with digital this is important. it will really make things pop out. that is the only advice i have for you.

but i wished i could come up with those ideas for a page. love the way you have things overlapping other things. i need help in that area. my are always so plain.

You're right, I do need shadows, but unfortunately the tutorial I used was based on Photoshop Elements, and I only have Photoshop CS. (I can't find a mac version of Elements to download) I'm sure it can be done on CS, but I only have instructions for Elements! It was very frustrating looking for a button or menu that was not there! I will have another fiddle with the program, and see if I can work out how to do it!

Thanks for all your comments everyone!

eagles

can you post a pic of your cs screen? maybe we can figure out where that drop shadow is.

i know what you mean about looking for things/buttons. i learned elements on my own, thru tutorial meant for photoshop. photoshop was like using a calculator, only had to click on a button. but elements was like using pencil and paper and doing it longhand.

minnie2000

One more post! I have a little problem. When I moved my paper or photo onto my layout, I was able to move and resize and tilt the section. Now, I don't know what I have done, but I am only able to move the section, not tilt or resize. Have I pressed something? How do I get it back? There is a little part that says, 'show bounding box' and that is ticked, but it is not showing the little handles that were on the bounding box.

Does anyone understand what I mean?

eagles

i see the drop shadows! that looks great!

but now i am not sure what you are talking about the other problem. i will reread what you wrote.

eagles

not really sure what you are meaning. but sometimes you must double check to make sure your "active" layer is the layer you are trying to resize or tilt.

so i would try it again, but make sure the paper or photo that you want to resize or move or tilt is the "active layer"

and sometimes you must click on the corners of those marching ants, (the dash lines)

i hope that helps, and i hope that makes sense.

minnie2000

not really sure what you are meaning. but sometimes you must double check to make sure your "active" layer is the layer you are trying to resize or tilt.

so i would try it again, but make sure the paper or photo that you want to resize or move or tilt is the "active layer"

and sometimes you must click on the corners of those marching ants, (the dash lines)

i hope that helps, and i hope that makes sense.

that's the problem really, the marching ants aren't there any more! They used to be, and I could pull the sides and corners to make the paper bigger or smaller and click in the middle of the edge to tilt, but those little arrows are not there any more!

Edit: its ok - I've found it! I needed to go to the menu 'image' and then scroll down and click on 'free transform'. I don't know why it changed though!

minnie2000

Hi! I just wanted to ask all you digital scrappers, what do you do with your layouts when they are finished? I have saved mine, and uploaded them to photobucket, but I would like to print some at some stage.

Do you print yours out? If so, at home, or with a photo developer? Is it very expensive? What is the best way to do this? I would like to have them in an album, so I could either print each page and put it in an album, or get a photobook printed.

Thanks in advance!:wave:

eagles

i hate to say this, but i still have not had any 12 x 12's printed.

but if you have a printer that prints 8.5 x 11, you can do your pages in that size layout. and print at home. i must admit, i still haven't done that either (yet).
i just can't seem to find much free time anymore.

i know qvc has a 12 x 12 hp printer, a few weeks ago, but i could not afford it at the time. i still have 1 more payment left on my computer. but i have it on my christmas list.

do you have anymore pages to share?

minnie2000

I started downloading free kits, and I now have a few of those. But, then I found a website called 'atomic cupcake' (I hope its OK to say that on here). You pay about $13 for a months subscription, and you can download as many digital kits as you like. They have some really lovely kits, with matching ribbons and embellishments etc too.

I have done a few more layouts, but I don't think they're very good. I seem to be OK at doing all the photoshop stuff, all the technical stuff, but I need more experience in getting the actual layouts right. At the moment, my layouts look like they have been done by a 6 year old! I am going to look at some of the pages that everyone else has done, and copy some of the ideas for positioning and setting things out. I have found a website with some sketches, so I will try those also.

I need as much advice as possible!

I will try and post the other layouts...

minnie2000

Here's one,
braceletbay.jpg

I'm not very pleased with that one, I think it looks like it was done by a child! I didn't do the drop shadow, (I don't think so anyway).

This is the other one...
pricklyballfarm.jpg

I prefer this one, although something still isn't quite right. Again I didn't do any shadows, but now I know how to do them, I will do them in future!

minnie2000

This is one I have just done. I used the Spring Breeze kit from Atomic Cupcake.

I have done this as an 8x8, as I am going to try to have it printed, and then it will fit in my small album.

I have also found that I can have layouts printed as a book, but I need to get more info on that.

Edit: OK, I can't upload it just yet, but I will do it later.

mouselvrmom

minnie, I really like your beach and farm layouts that you posted. I don't think your beach page looks like it is done by a child at all. I love the colors that you used!

minnie2000

Here is my latest layout, I couldn't upload it earlier as DH was downloading something, and he works from home, so I suppose that comes first!

alfieandrosie.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Minnie your digital layouts look great!! You and eagles make it look so easy!

I have had 12x12 pictures printed at Scrapbookpictures.com. They do a great job and it's only $3.50 for that size. Shipping is a flat $2.00. They package them very nicely and it arrived in excellent condition.

So until I can afford the Epson R1800...I'll have to stick with that!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom