Differences Between Beach Club and Yacht Club

wdwstateofmind

Unless you know the architectural differences you can walk inside from one to the other and you'll have no idea you're in a 'different' hotel...

RubyLee

Yacht Club's decor seemed fancier to me while Beach club was well..... beachy & a little more relaxed.

My assessments come from wandering around both resorts (never stayed at either) in shorts/Chacos/normal vacation attire. I'd love to hear the room differences. I thought I fit in at Beach Club but was underdressed for loitering in the Yacht Club lobby.

WWWD

Beach Club has more families and Yacht Club, because of its convention center, has more adults. Also, because of Cape May, Beach Club's lobby is a lot more "busy" than Yacht Club - which has a small bar in its lobby.

Both great resorts and you'll feel fine in either. Remember, some of those conventioneers at Yacht Club HAVE to bring their spouse and kids.

plutoismyhero

Yacht Club's decor seemed fancier to me while Beach club was well..... beachy & a little more relaxed.

My assessments come from wandering around both resorts (never stayed at either) in shorts/Chacos/normal vacation attire. I'd love to hear the room differences. I thought I fit in at Beach Club but was underdressed for loitering in the Yacht Club lobby.

Yep this hit the nail on the head. I do like Yacht club, it just feels like if I dont really own my own boat im out of place. I would love to stay in either both are in my top 3 left on my list.

HouCuseChickie

I've stayed at YC and spent a lot of time at BC. While you will see kids at both...it is Disney after all...there were far fewer at YC. I wouldn't say it was stuffy or snooty...just quieter.

The next big difference...nearly all of the rooms at YC have a balcony or patio. That is very important to us, and it's why I picked YC. Many of the rooms at BC have false balconies.

I know others who love YC would challenge me on this, but I've always found the CMs at BC to be much friendlier. I know CMs rotate, but aside from the trip where we stayed at YC...we've had occasion on 2 other trips to go into both resorts and no matter how cheery and positive I am when I go into YC, the CMs are always lacking some of that magic IMO. The only exception was the CMs at Yachtsman.

Finally, YC is farther from the IG than BC. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but our room at YC was practically at the Dolphin. In the grand scheme of things...no, it's really not that much farther...but when you're tired at the end of the day, it has a bit of a psychological impact if you end up in the far side of the resort.

NYwdwfan

Also - YC does not have a quick service location. If you want QS breakfast you need to walk to either Beach Club Marketplace or The Boardwalk (Not sure what there is at Swan/Dolphin. Kind of inconvenient if one adult is staying in the room with the kid(s) while he other goes to bring up breakfast.

NYwdwfan

Finally, YC is farther from the IG than BC. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but our room at YC was practically at the Dolphin. In the grand scheme of things...no, it's really not that much farther...but when you're tired at the end of the day, it has a bit of a psychological impact if you end up in the far side of the resort.

What's the IG?

shipley731

If I'm not mistaken, the YC lobby bar (Ale & Compass?) serves a limited continental type breakfast in the mornings. Beverages, pastries, fruit, & cereal are all available for purchase. If you're just looking for a cup of coffee & a pastry, no need to walk over to BC. If you want something QS that's hot, you'll have to make the hike though.

NYwdwfan

If I'm not mistaken, the YC lobby bar (Ale & Compass?) serves a limited continental type breakfast in the mornings. Beverages, pastries, fruit, & cereal are all available for purchase. If you're just looking for a cup of coffee & a pastry, no need to walk over to BC. If you want something QS that's hot, you'll have to make the hike though.

Are these available a la carte and to-go or do you pay one price to eat what you want and need to sit?

Captain's Grill has a nice breakfast and you can either get the buffet or order individual items but I think that's sit-down only.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are these available a la carte and to-go or do you pay one price to eat what you want and need to sit?

Captain's Grill has a nice breakfast and you can either get the buffet or order individual items but I think that's sit-down only.
Pastries, cereals, etc. are a la carte. Everything is to-go, though you are welcome to sit in the lounge area.

And yes, Captain's Grill is table-service. The buffet is awesome and reasonably priced :hungry: .

surfsupdon

The main difference is the lobby.

Beach Club, with it's character breakfast and nightly clambake, draws lots of families and large groups waiting for their table. This brings lots of kids. The CMs give the kids activities in the lobby or waiting area. I have seen board games and building blocks used. As a result, the lobby is much more loud and crowded than the Yacht Club. The Yacht restaurant is not destination dining, so the lobby stays very peaceful and not nearly as busy.

Beach quiet pool is also out in the open and therefor draws lots of people. The Yacht pool is secluded on the rear corner of the Resort. I don't even think many Guests realize where it is. It is extremely peaceful and quiet on most vacations.

Blackburn23

As long as you can get to a beaches and creame and access to the best pool on property it doesn't matter to me! Agree the beach club seems more relaxed in decor

HauntedMansionFLA

I've stayed at YC and spent a lot of time at BC. While you will see kids at both...it is Disney after all...there were far fewer at YC. I wouldn't say it was stuffy or snooty...just quieter.

The next big difference...nearly all of the rooms at YC have a balcony or patio. That is very important to us, and it's why I picked YC. Many of the rooms at BC have false balconies.

I know others who love YC would challenge me on this, but I've always found the CMs at BC to be much friendlier. I know CMs rotate, but aside from the trip where we stayed at YC...we've had occasion on 2 other trips to go into both resorts and no matter how cheery and positive I am when I go into YC, the CMs are always lacking some of that magic IMO. The only exception was the CMs at Yachtsman.

Can you see EPCOT's fireworks show from either resort?

HouCuseChickie

@DarthFiscus75 The picture quality varies with these...but you get the idea...

8234960460_845f0cfe41_z.jpg

8233595121_687b60f4c4_z.jpg

8233594023_b80ceb9496_z.jpg

8234964300_05aa368413_z.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom