Trip Report Did someone say adventure? MNSSHP & Free Dining trip report (8/29-9/7)

First of all, I have to say after not being able to go to the parks for almost 5 years, how lucky I feel to be writing this trip report! The fact that we got to celebrate our 22nd anniversary there ( our 15th, 16th, and 17th were all spent there) was amazing. We love free dining and it always starts right around our anniversary too, so that is great. We were able to go to MNSSHP in 2008 but only wore hats. This time when we found out that it was going to happen earlier and we would be able to do it again, we started planning our costumes.

I was terrified, that the kids, being older would maybe not have as much fun with the simple silly things that I have always treasured.. Thankfully it wasn't the case, as you will see. :)

Anyway, so on to the trip...

the players-

Me- DisneyShe, crazy Disney mom or for MNSSHP, Ellie

DH- B, or aka Carl -

wd035wdw2014244115826059.jpeg

DS
wd005wdw2014244115853456_19.jpeg

and DD

wd017wdw2014244115826043.jpeg

I will have a ton of photos to post and I will get much more into the Halloween party later but as far as photos go, I had to start with these. We put so much time into our costumes and It was totally amazing and so worth it, If you are going to MNSSHP I stress dressing up, the interaction you will get from guests and cast members and characters is amazing.

Day 1. Long night drive, starting at 10:00 pm on the 28th, our anniversary because DH wanted to have me there by opening show. We arrived right as the sun was rising. I will go back and add a photo from my phone later. We checked in at Coronado Springs where we had booked a standard room and were very surprised to have been bumped to a preferred Cabanas 8B room right across from the quiet pool and laundry facing the lake. YAY!! beautiful view. Pic coming soon, also on my phone.

And we made it to the opening show!!!
102_9254.JPG
102_9255.JPG
102_9256.JPG
102_9257.JPG
102_9262.JPG

I love this show so much and being able to do it as soon as I got there was great! DD & I walking in ready to hit Splash Mountain, of course which is always a first and last for us.

Next up was another must do first day .... lunch at Pecos Bill's. I forgot to take pictures of the food here but DH got the burger and the kids and I all had the pork bbq sandwich and of course, chili cheese fries. Who doesn't love ooey gooey plastic cheese? is it just me or are the pickles there not just amazing? I wish they would add fried pickle side dish made with them.

To be continued tomorrow- :)

Last edited:

38053WDW

Thank you! You can go tobeourguestlunch.disney.com and enter in your confirmation number. Not your reservation number with the letters but a 12 digit number that will display online when you click and hover on online checkin link. It is around day 30 it let me book. Disney also is sending email invites but you do not have to wait for it. They come about 3 weeks out. Keep trying each day until your day opens. Have a great trip!!
Dad is about 6'2 and my son is almost 6'6. Think he is like 1/4 inch under. If he stands up really straight he looks even taller lol. Thank you for the compliment on the costumes. We had a great time working on them and wearing them. Hope you have a great trip! :)

Trip #8 for our family & the kids are 16/12 ... I think we are more excited then they are .. (our friends think we are nuts but they just don't get it) We did memory maker for the first time so hopefully we will get tons of shots and videos.. Been trying to get BOG for lunch but no go so far .. no seats available .. we will do stand in line for first come first serve on FP handouts .. Choose this time of year for MNSSHP. We enjoyed it so much last time .. Great report ...

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Trip #8 for our family & the kids are 16/12 ... I think we are more excited then they are .. (our friends think we are nuts but they just don't get it) We did memory maker for the first time so hopefully we will get tons of shots and videos.. Been trying to get BOG for lunch but no go so far .. no seats available .. we will do stand in line for first come first serve on FP handouts .. Choose this time of year for MNSSHP. We enjoyed it so much last time .. Great report ...

This was our 8th trip too! I stressed myself, to pieces, over... if things would change. They don't, the same memories that you cherish, they do too. :) With Memory Maker, take advantage of every photopass opportunity you see, and ask if they have Magic Shots. We ended up with 312 non-edited photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom