Trip Report Did someone say adventure? MNSSHP & Free Dining trip report (8/29-9/7)

First of all, I have to say after not being able to go to the parks for almost 5 years, how lucky I feel to be writing this trip report! The fact that we got to celebrate our 22nd anniversary there ( our 15th, 16th, and 17th were all spent there) was amazing. We love free dining and it always starts right around our anniversary too, so that is great. We were able to go to MNSSHP in 2008 but only wore hats. This time when we found out that it was going to happen earlier and we would be able to do it again, we started planning our costumes.

I was terrified, that the kids, being older would maybe not have as much fun with the simple silly things that I have always treasured.. Thankfully it wasn't the case, as you will see. :)

Anyway, so on to the trip...

the players-

Me- DisneyShe, crazy Disney mom or for MNSSHP, Ellie

DH- B, or aka Carl -

wd035wdw2014244115826059.jpeg

DS
wd005wdw2014244115853456_19.jpeg

and DD

wd017wdw2014244115826043.jpeg

I will have a ton of photos to post and I will get much more into the Halloween party later but as far as photos go, I had to start with these. We put so much time into our costumes and It was totally amazing and so worth it, If you are going to MNSSHP I stress dressing up, the interaction you will get from guests and cast members and characters is amazing.

Day 1. Long night drive, starting at 10:00 pm on the 28th, our anniversary because DH wanted to have me there by opening show. We arrived right as the sun was rising. I will go back and add a photo from my phone later. We checked in at Coronado Springs where we had booked a standard room and were very surprised to have been bumped to a preferred Cabanas 8B room right across from the quiet pool and laundry facing the lake. YAY!! beautiful view. Pic coming soon, also on my phone.

And we made it to the opening show!!!
102_9254.JPG
102_9255.JPG
102_9256.JPG
102_9257.JPG
102_9262.JPG

I love this show so much and being able to do it as soon as I got there was great! DD & I walking in ready to hit Splash Mountain, of course which is always a first and last for us.

Next up was another must do first day .... lunch at Pecos Bill's. I forgot to take pictures of the food here but DH got the burger and the kids and I all had the pork bbq sandwich and of course, chili cheese fries. Who doesn't love ooey gooey plastic cheese? is it just me or are the pickles there not just amazing? I wish they would add fried pickle side dish made with them.

To be continued tomorrow- :)

Last edited:

Dizdutch

View attachment 65346 Aug 31 AK day, have no idea how many times we rode Everest, it was walk on as was everything. Amazing day and amazing safari, no Lions but everything else was out 2 times in a row. Lunch was at Local Andapaur , Why did they get rid of the cool Chinese boxes? And the Shrimp Lo Mein? it is nowhere near as good now as it used to be. Still a good counter service but not as good.View attachment 65332

View attachment 65334View attachment 65334 View attachment 65338 View attachment 65339 View attachment 65340 View attachment 65342 View attachment 65343 View attachment 65344 View attachment 65343

I could watch the gorillas all day.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Working on getting my videos uploaded to Youtube. Figured I would start with this one. The infamous ToT first ride. (first ride this trip, not first ride.) I am quite saddened to see that the little girl seemed to have handled it way better than I did. :/

mrdrift

What a beautiful ending to a wonderful vacation. All of the pictures turned out really good, even the cell phone ones. Thank you for sharing the family special time at Disney World with all of us. Reading all the great reports helps my family get by til we can make it back in June 2015 and yours seem to hit more for my family. Thanks again.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
What a beautiful ending to a wonderful vacation. All of the pictures turned out really good, even the cell phone ones. Thank you for sharing the family special time at Disney World with all of us. Reading all the great reports helps my family get by til we can make it back in June 2015 and yours seem to hit more for my family. Thanks again.

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed reading. I lived through other's trip reports when we we were finally able to book this trip. I am sure I will while waiting for the next one too and hope your family has a wonderful trip in June. Make sure to post a report! :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
How much is the seafood buffet?

I would have to go and look at my receipt to make 100% sure because we used the dining plan (free) but I believe it was 39.99 per adult. I know that the prices change sometimes seasonally.

Here is a video on youtube of Magician Mickey from Disney.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
What a wonderful trip! Ur kids are awesome! Such a fun time! What were your travel dates, the crowds seemed really good!

Thank you! Our dates were Friday August 29- Sunday September 7. Crowds were really low except for a few days of insanity at MK. :)

stevehousse

Did your kids end up missing the beginning of school at all with those travel dates? School by us started sept 2. There was a little boy in my sons class who just got back from wdw who went last week!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Did your kids end up missing the beginning of school at all with those travel dates? School by us started sept 2. There was a little boy in my sons class who just got back from wdw who went last week!

Yes, my daughter did. My son graduated and doesn't have any college classes until spring. School starts earlier here but she did miss 4 days. After making the mistake of taking them when they were little (her first trip) during the nightmare that is Thanksgiving- We started going at the end of August and have always loved it. I am very fortunate to have teachers that work with us and gave assignments for her to work on while we are gone. She is a straight A student too so that helps!

38053WDW

View attachment 65380 View attachment 65381 View attachment 65382 View attachment 65383

Having a bit of a hard time with photos from my phone but here are just a few out of a ton from Halloween party. Will post many more tomorrow. The party was amazing, hardly anyone there and as I said the cast members and other guests made this so much more fun for us. I loved dressing up ad would highly recommend to anyone going; our family had a ball not only there, but also working on these costume,s together as a family. Simply amazing time! Buzz and Jessie (DD) deserve their own post, it was without a doubt, the cutest, sweetest, best interaction ever and it all got captured) Stay tuned for more! :)View attachment 65384 View attachment 65385 View attachment 65386 View attachment 65387 View attachment 65388 View attachment 65389

Looks like your son is taller ten Dad ! If Dad is 6,6 son is 6,8? Great costumes !! 17 days till we get there !

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Dad is about 6'2 and my son is almost 6'6. Think he is like 1/4 inch under. If he stands up really straight he looks even taller lol. Thank you for the compliment on the costumes. We had a great time working on them and wearing them. Hope you have a great trip! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom