DHS CARS LAND

prfctlyximprct

Even with DHS problems there's something charming about it to me that always has me coming back. I just can't belive that I will almost be 30 by the time Star Wars opens up

SAME. UGH! Is it sick that I'm planning my future children or lack of ever having them based on Disney attraction opening dates? 27 now.. gonna be 29 for Avatarland and probably 31-32 for Star Wars.. just doesn't give me enough Disney time without the burden of children...

Okay gonna go hide now. I'm completely psycho I know.

PhotoDave219

I won't blame ya but it's depressing to me. Being a big time Star Wars fan, I find it hard to believe Team Disney Orlando didn't take notice to all of the fan views of the first two trailers and the buzz on the internet.

Well .... TDO doesn't exist anymore. Gone. Vamoose. Adios. All Kalagritis does is to maintain the profit margins, sail the ship and not screw up.

Glendale and Tom Staggs is where to aim your wrath.

Mike S

SAME. UGH! Is it sick that I'm planning my future children or lack of ever having them based on Disney attraction opening dates? 27 now.. gonna be 29 for Avatarland and probably 31-32 for Star Wars.. just doesn't give me enough Disney time without the burden of children...

Okay gonna go hide now. I'm completely psycho I know.
Disney isn't our last hope for great theme park entertainment.

There is another.............

Sped2424

Well .... TDO doesn't exist anymore. Gone. Vamoose. Adios. All Kalagritis does is to maintain the profit margins, sail the ship and not screw up.

Glendale and Tom Staggs is where to aim your wrath.
If that's the case then I am confused. So TDO is done, then why doesn't Disney world do celebrations like TDA? Like the recent hollywood one. And why aren't certain rides getting updates like if DL is getting an updated peter pan what's stopping us from getting the same update :0 Does glendale now just go slow on WDW but give more attention to DLR?

Bairstow

Disney isn't our last hope for great theme park entertainment.

There is another.............
dolly-1.jpg

FlaMel

I won't blame ya but it's depressing to me. Being a big time Star Wars fan, I find it hard to believe Team Disney Orlando didn't take notice to all of the fan views of the first two trailers and the buzz on the internet.
In matters of significant capital expenditure, I think you are giving TDO too much weight and credit. To be sure, they have influence, but TD Burbank calls the shots. This company is micromanaged by the top. ALL development and creative decisions of significant impact or expense are reviewed and approved by the Bobs (and until recently Tom). Everyone on this site loves to hate on TDO, and of course they do have major decision making power and impact on what happens at the resort, but don't kid yourselves about where the money and power live!

Kman101

Exactly. To me, Epcot is a half day park. DHS can be a full day. DHS to me has more things that inspire repeat viewing instead of just doing them because they're there. The park needs expansion and Epcot beats it in terms of the amount of rides but I'd argue in favor of DHS. But DHS needs to be tackled "first" because it NEEDS more rides. The quality of what's there isn't bad. At Epcot, the quality of several rides is sub-par, but to the average guest, it's not. You could make a case for each park being either a full day or a half day, it's just a matter of preference.

RSoxNo1

With all it's problems, and there are a lot at EPCOT, I can still enjoy an entire day at EPCOT rather than DHS. Vibe goes a long way and after a while DHS feels claustrophobic and miserable. EPCOT doesn't need the vast amount of work DHS does, imo.
Walking around World Showcase is still a great experience. The updates to Illuminations make the best nighttime show on property even better. I really hope Frozen doesn't ruin that. Having said that, every major attraction there is flawed. Hollywood Studios has a better attraction lineup. It's not everything, but it's important.

What's especially frustrating about Epcot is that things like Spaceship Earth really only need minor changes. Fix the descent and get a new script... that's a one month refurb, tops. Living with the Land could use a refurb to the animatronic scenes that's a bit more substantial, but the frustrating thing there are the greenhouse entry and exit tunnels. Something needs to be done there.

There are Soarin improvements on the horizon which will also help. Frozen will bring more people to the park but we all know about the poor thematic fit. The park needs a knock out E-ticket in the worst way and it doesn't have one. All of the other parks have at least one.

PhotoDave219

In matters of significant capital expenditure, I think you are giving TDO too much weight and credit. To be sure, they have influence, but TD Burbank calls the shots. This company is micromanaged by the top. ALL development and creative decisions of significant impact or expense are reviewed and approved by the Bobs (and until recently Tom). Everyone on this site loves to hate on TDO, and of course they do have major decision making power and impact on what happens at the resort, but don't kid yourselves about where the money and power live!

TDO & TDA really only exist on paper anymore. All their job is to keep the ship afloat and maintain the profit margins.

All the real decisions are made in Glendale at the P&R level. All expansion, rehab and creative ideas are made there. Individual ideas (like Epcot Entertainment Shows) are decided by local management....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom