DHS CARS LAND

doctornick

I think right now, Epcot is a worse park than Hollywood Studios.

I don't see it.

Epcot has its issues to be sure and it needs help. But its problems are basically that it is stale and that the theme in FW (and to a far lesser extend now in WS) is a jumbled mess.

Meanwhile, DHS is just as stale and also has significant thematic problems... and has a real lack of attractions and a horrible layout. It's not even a fun park to just "walk around" like you can easily do for hours in Epcot. DHS

I mean, we can talk about how Epcot has sadly shuttered pavilions like WoL and Odyssey but DHS has closed Sounds Dangerous, American Idol, Jack Sparrow, and the Backlot Tour (yeah, the Frozen sing-a-long is moving in the AIE theater, but that just means that the Premiere Theater will be empty instead). We can talk about how Imagination and the Seas have been downgraded but at least they are still rides and can be experienced. DHS has never even gotten to anywhere near the number of rides that Epcot has.

I think all the negatively about Epcot stems from how most of us remember how awesome it once was and to see it both less impressive and stale is depressing. Conversely, DHS has always kinda sucked and been a limited experience so it doesn't seem that much worse.

With DAK being addressed (it could use more than it is getting, but it seems to progressively be getting thoughtful and quality improvements), the area where attention should be focused on is DHS. And once they "improve" DHS somewhat, they probably will still need to put more money in DHS. The park needs just so much -- new attractions (especially a lot of rides), a better layout, an overall of the theme, more entertainment, better environments to enjoy walking around. If DCA got a $1.2B makeover, DHS probably needs a $1.5-2.0B one because it's in worse shape than DCA was. Hopefully, they will start doing some construction sometime soon; even something small like Toy Story Playland would be a big boost to how awful DHS is.

Epcot needs help too, but it can be done much easier as the basic infrastructure is there -- just fixing poor or shuttered pavilions would make a big difference.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Ok, I spent the day at DHS. Got there at 11am left at 5pm. Rode 4 rides. Ate at PrimeTime.

This really is a miserable little park. Truly the worst major theme park on the planet.
Was there Sunday, Rode everything but ToT (dont like drop rides). Got there at 9am FP- TSM, ST, INDY, RnR, and F! Had done everything by 5pm, including all the shows. Just waited for the 7pm show for Walter Davis, waited more for F!

Kman101

I think both need major help. DHS needs to be fleshed out and a fuller park. Epcot needs cosmetic work, updated/upgraded attractions and they need to open a closed restaurant and a closed pavilion. If I had to pick between one as the next to get work, it would be DHS, as much as I want Epcot to get love. I think they could do both at the same time but they obviously won't.

For me personally though, I sort of prefer DHS. I love World Showcase at Epcot but Future World does nothing for me anymore. I skip The Seas, I skip Figment, I skip Mission Space, I skip Ellen's Very Dated Energy Adventure, I still like Test Track and Soarin' but I usually don't feel all that compelled to do them either.

Yeah I'm able to go frequently so they aren't as appealing to me but I can go to DHS and their lineup of attractions, to me, are far more repeatable and interesting. If Epcot got the upgrades those rides deserved, I could see Epcot's Future World becoming very must do again. Give me a reason to want to repeat these rides. But, that's me. I'm not the majority and I know many of my personal likes doesn't even grace the minds of those in charge.

So, I can see a case for either being the worst. I don't get the dismissal of DHS. It's actually a very easy park to navigate. I like the theming on Hollywood Blvd. I like the theming on Sunset. I spend a lot of time relaxing by Echo Lake. I like the Streets of America for what they are. I like the Muppets area (it could be fleshed out). Pixar is nice with the brick work. Yes it's often crowded but the potential is there to expand. I'd 100% rank it above Future World. I've always enjoyed walking around DHS and being there. I think besides some soundstages that need theming and the meh Animation Courtyard, the park LOOKS good ... it just needs more things to do and they need to update their shows. Beauty and Mermaid need to go. I love them but it's time. Same for Indy.

Mike S

I think both need major help. DHS needs to be fleshed out and a fuller park. Epcot needs cosmetic work, updated/upgraded attractions and they need to open a closed restaurant and a closed pavilion. If I had to pick between one as the next to get work, it would be DHS, as much as I want Epcot to get love. I think they could do both at the same time but they obviously won't.

For me personally though, I sort of prefer DHS. I love World Showcase at Epcot but Future World does nothing for me anymore. I skip The Seas, I skip Figment, I skip Mission Space, I skip Ellen's Very Dated Energy Adventure, I still like Test Track and Soarin' but I usually don't feel all that compelled to do them either.

Yeah I'm able to go frequently so they aren't as appealing to me but I can go to DHS and their lineup of attractions, to me, are far more repeatable and interesting. If Epcot got the upgrades those rides deserved, I could see Epcot's Future World becoming very must do again. Give me a reason to want to repeat these rides. But, that's me. I'm not the majority and I know many of my personal likes doesn't even grace the minds of those in charge.

So, I can see a case for either being the worst. I don't get the dismissal of DHS. It's actually a very easy park to navigate. I like the theming on Hollywood Blvd. I like the theming on Sunset. I spend a lot of time relaxing by Echo Lake. I like the Streets of America for what they are. I like the Muppets area (it could be fleshed out). Pixar is nice with the brick work. Yes it's often crowded but the potential is there to expand. I'd 100% rank it above Future World. I've always enjoyed walking around DHS and being there. I think besides some soundstages that need theming and the meh Animation Courtyard, the park LOOKS good ... it just needs more things to do and they need to update their shows. Beauty and Mermaid need to go. I love them but it's time. Same for Indy.
Wow, even I don't skip that much. You really are a trooper lol.

Kman101

Wow, even I don't skip that much. You really are a trooper lol.

lol. I really don't like what Future World has become. Sure I COULD ride Figment and Nemo but I just feel no reason to. I want to. I want to love them. Nemo is fine for what it is, but it could have been more, and slightly better. Figment of course could be better. I really feel no reason to do Mission: Space again. They're not THAT awful but for me they're more or less one and done. Yet I can do Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land every time.

I won't even talk about Energy. LOL.

EDIT: And I skip Gran Fiesta too. LOL. I *did* always ride Maelstrom. But we won't bring that in here.

Mike S

lol. I really don't like what Future World has become. Sure I COULD ride Figment and Nemo but I just feel no reason to. I want to. I want to love them. Nemo is fine for what it is, but it could have been more, and slightly better. Figment of course could be better. I really feel no reason to do Mission: Space again. They're not THAT awful but for me they're more or less one and done. Yet I can do Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land every time.

I won't even talk about Energy. LOL.
I ride pretty much every ride at Epcot just to fill out the day then the peaceful walk around World Showcase and the still amazing American Adventure. I actually did skip one ride last trip: Test Track. We were in line when the ride went down and we got a free fastpass. When we went back the FP line was HUGE. We checked again later but decided that it wasn't worth it and went on SSE instead.

Kman101

I ride pretty much every ride at Epcot just to fill out the day then the peaceful walk around World Showcase and the still amazing American Adventure. I actually did skip one ride last trip: Test Track. We were in line when the ride went down and we got a free fastpass. When we went back the FP line was HUGE. We checked again later but decided that it wasn't worth it and went on SSE instead.

Love the American Adventure. I do that everytime too.

I don't mind skipping pretty much all of Future World. I'm usually happy doing my usuals.

Unfortunately I don't really go out of my way to go to Epcot. I'd sooner spend a day at AK, DHS or MK. I do love Epcot, but I don't really try and spend the day there anymore. I want to ...

Disneyhead'71

I should add, that while I think the park is just bad now content wise, what is there looks good. The GMR was in darned good shape. James Cagney's mouth hasn't worked right in years, but other than that, pretty good shape.

The new Starbucks looks nice. 50's Primetime was good. And Star Wars was EVERYWHERE!

twebber55

Only half of epcot is broken. The world showcase- while I'd love more attractions, restaurants, and countries- is still great for what it is. Future World is only 30% decent. That's a freakin mess. But compared to DHS? epcot is at least half a park.

This would make sense. Relating it to how Avatar went down-
-Announced in Sept 2011
-Construction Started January 2014
-Construction completion estimated early 2017

So for Star Wars:
-Announced in Sept 2015
-Construction Starts mid-late 2017
-Estimated Completion 2020/2021

The scary thing is- Avatar had 2 yrs and 4 months after announcement before shovels hit the dirt. So for Star Wars it would be around a year and a half +/- a few months. Essentially- if it isn't announced this year- which who knows if it will be- then we can kiss that 2020 date buh-bye.

If only Disney would do what they could do and have this bad boy done by 2018. :(
I wouldn't compare avatars time schedule with star wars....They started the creative process when the news broke. Im sure star wars is deep into the planning stage

HauntedMansionFLA

If my information changes, I'll let everyone know.

Alas.... Don't set yourself up for disappointment
Another -

image.jpg

HauntedMansionFLA

Hey, Ive been the one saying for months now to not expect anything at D23.

So dont blame the messenger if thats exactly what happens.

(Of course, I hope I'm wrong)
I won't blame ya but it's depressing to me. Being a big time Star Wars fan, I find it hard to believe Team Disney Orlando didn't take notice to all of the fan views of the first two trailers and the buzz on the internet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom