DHS CARS LAND

Monorail_Red_77

I think the idea behind the cloning of rides is that it is "supposed" to save money in development as they can then spread the costs across multiple parks. Plus a faster roll out of rides maybe. Kinda like why buy one cup of coffee when hey have a sale on buying two. Even though you really only want one.

But, then comes upper management and slows things down. Ahh! do we really need that? The guests won't miss this... :banghead:

Sped2424

So it's just a bunch of BS including the bump?
Yup. Just another day, to everyone going to this thread do yourself a favor and
movealong.gif

Progress.City

Which was quickly debunked as we know that there's no permits for that at all.
Read it carefully. It doesn't say that they've been filed. It says that they've been completed. So, filing is probably imminent. (Assuming the report is true.)

I would expect this, but I would expect Toy Story To be filed first.

Progress.City

I think the idea behind the cloning of rides is that it is "supposed" to save money in development as they can then spread the costs across multiple parks. Plus a faster roll out of rides maybe. Kinda like why buy one cup of coffee when hey have a sale on buying two. Even though you really only want one.

But, then comes upper management and slows things down. Ahh! do we really need that? The guests won't miss this... :banghead:
Well, Iger has been slowing projects down for different reasons in recent years. It's basic indecisiveness "Well, what you have so far... It looks great - don't get me wrong - but maybe we can do better... Keep developing it further... I'll come by in another year to see where we are..." And the same thing happens the following year, and the year after, until Iger gives it his blessing: "Perfect! Build it!"

The conflicting rumors are if he actually said "Perfect! build it!" this time around, or if these projects have been stretched further.

Sped2424

Well, Iger has been slowing projects down for different reasons in recent years. It's basic indecisiveness "Well, what you have so far... It looks great - don't get me wrong - but maybe we can do better... Keep developing it further... I'll come by in another year to see where we are..." And the same thing happens the following year, and the year after, until Iger gives it his blessing: "Perfect! Build it!"

The conflicting rumors are if he actually said "Perfect! build it!" this time around, or if these projects have been stretched further.
If you think Iger was slowing down projects due to "indecisiveness" then we need to get you to a pixie dust rehab facility and stat.

Progress.City

If you think Iger was slowing down projects due to "indecisiveness" then we need to get you to a pixie dust rehab facility and stat.
Lol. We know this has happened or was happening with the new Star Wars attractions. I assume it was also happening to whatever they are working on for DHS, since Star Wars is part of the plan there.

It's not indecisiveness per say. I just call it that because the plan keeps getting changed.

One rumor says that they are working on an entire theme park dedicated to Star Wars. I can see that maybe everything they wanted to put in DHS couldn't fit, so they removed Star Wars from the plan and made a plan to make an entire park out of it. Doubtful, but fun to speculate.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Lol. We know this has happened or was happening with the new Star Wars attractions. I assume it was also happening to whatever they are working on for DHS, since Star Wars is part of the plan there.
Nope, all of it has to do with saving the most money in the long run. For example the closure of the backlot tour when 6+months later still nothing has happened. It's not indecisiveness, it's all about not wanting to spend yet and then when said project is announced spreading construction costs out of by elongated periods again in order to save money.

If Iger was smart Star Wars land construction would begin now and open in 2 years in 2017 just in time for Episode 8. But chances are by then construction will either start or according to many on here still not happen until way later in the game (some folks are spitballing 2020+ opening dates THAT'S RIDICULOUS). This all has to do with money, little has to do with igers "want" for the "best" product. Which time and time again has been proven to never be one of his interests. I think the Mine Train being truncated several times can attest to that.

Last edited:

Progress.City

It
Nope, all of it has to do with saving the most money in the long run. For example the closure of the backlot tour when 6+months later still nothing has happened. It's not indecisiveness, it's all about not wanting to spend yet until, and then when said project is announced spreading construction out of elongated periods again in order to save money. If Iger was smart Star Wars land construction would begin now and open in 2 years in 2017 just in time for Episode 8. But chances are by then construction will either start or according to many on here still not happen until way later in the game. This all has to do with money, little has to do with igers "want" for the "best" product. Which time and time again has been proven to never be one of his interests. I think the Mine Train being truncated several times can attest to that.
We'll see what happens. I like to stay optimistic because the alternative is depression.

Mike S

I am still baffled why a clone of a ride in California is more desirable than an original attraction. One for one at all the parks makes no sense. RSR is a bad fit in Florida for several reasons. The big one is, you already have Test Track. Another large one is weather, which is also a problem for TestTrack. (rain hurts at speed...)

Wouldn't a Stars Wars Coaster be more desireable? Maybe a Monster's Door Coaster? You are probably already getting the Chester and Hester treatment from the most likely addition of Toy Story Playland (which is likely to be a clone.) Do we need more spinners and carnival rides?

Dream, support, and demand bigger....better...

I've seen people ask for an Indiana Jones clone. Why? Is Animal kingdom too far away for you to enjoy that ride system? Don't you remember all people saying that body wars was okay to be rid of as Star Tours was basically the same thing?

If you are after something to clone, go for broke. Get Mystic Manor. At least it's on the other side of the world. There has to be a convoluted way to shoehorn this ride into the in-cohesive identity void we have now at DHS.

I will say that RSR is amazing. It makes the "New Fantasyland" stuff look so-so. Aren't there already enough clones in this park? (Star Tours, Muppets, TSMM, & ToT.) How about a bunch of things that are totally original and can only be found at WDW? More specifically, whatever this park will be renamed.

Just something to ponder.

*1023*
Well, Indiana Jones is a much better ride than Dinosaur is. Plus Spider-Man and Transformers seem to coexist just fine. Let's not forget Disney's love of Omnimovers and the fact that quite a few rides missed by fans today used that ride system. Also, boat rides. If not a clone, how about a new IJ ride that blows away the ones in Anaheim and Tokyo? Yeah, I know. Only in my dreams could that happen in today's WDW. *siiiiiiiiigh*............ :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom