DHS CARS LAND

FlaMel

We will see some new movements as soon as the current CEO Iger goes back to wherever he was before he came to ruin Disney Theme parks, but make the company a lot of money through it's movie divison.
@JordanNite , you seem to have a very strong, yet very uninformed opinion about Bob Iger and what he has and has not done for The Walt Disney Company during his tenure as President, CEO & Chairman /CEO.

xstech25

Cars Land isn't going to happen at DHS, it makes no sense. With Star Wars coming there is no reason to spend another gigantic amount of time and money building a massive facade like Radiator Springs, especially when they are already doing that right now with Avatar. I think what's more likely is a redeveloped area around with Toy Story Mania with either more Toy Story or Pixar attractions, and then Star Wars will open after and be the big draw of the expansion.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Cars Land makes a ton of sense. It's a proven hit, you already have all the imagineering done, it would add another family ride to a park that needs them, all of the merchandise can just be replicated since they are already making it for DCA and it fits with the rumored Pixar area expansion coming to DHS.

xstech25

It doesn't make sense because you're already spending a crap ton of money on Star Wars Land. DCA's expansion cost over $1 billion and that's with the only new area with attractions being Cars Land. There is no way they are going to double that by basically building a Star Wars Land and Cars Land, whatever is being built (that is not Star Wars land) will not be on that huge of a scale. I think it will be good, but it won't come with that kind of price tag.

space42

It doesn't make sense because you're already spending a crap ton of money on Star Wars Land. DCA's expansion cost over $1 billion and that's with the only new area with attractions being Cars Land. There is no way they are going to double that by basically building a Star Wars Land and Cars Land, whatever is being built (that is not Star Wars land) will not be on that huge of a scale. I think it will be good, but it won't come with that kind of price tag.
DHS needs more help than DCA did.

xstech25

No way, DCA was pathetic for the majority of it's first decade. Attendance was so bad it was literally losing money by operating. I live right next to the park and got to witness how everything unfolded first hand. DHS even with it's limited attractions at the moment still gets good attendance and makes money (although it will go way up in 5 years I bet because similar to Harry Potter, you can't go to Orlando and miss Star Wars).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Building Cars Land would most likely cause the budget for any Star Wars plans to suffer or vice versa. If they build both, they will both come out lack luster due to budgetary restraints. Build something new, not clone an existing, unique land from California. Get off your lazy a$$ Disney and get creative. Or just add another Soarin theater....that should solve everything!

Go take a look up the street at Skull Island or Potter if you need some inspiration on how to build something impressive...and in less than a decade...and without "phased openings"

space42

No way, DCA was pathetic for the majority of it's first decade. Attendance was so bad it was literally losing money by operating. I live right next to the park and got to witness how everything unfolded first hand. DHS even with it's limited attractions at the moment still gets good attendance and makes money (although it will go way up in 5 years I bet because similar to Harry Potter, you can't go to Orlando and miss Star Wars).

This is not exactly true.
The park never lost money (what is your source on this) but did not meet its attendance projections.
DCAs attendance of its first year (2001) was 5,000,000 and has slowly and steadily climbed to 8,500,000 in 2013
DHS has closed more attractions than it has opened in the last 10 years. DCA never had that problem.
DHS needs at least 6 new attractions along with backfilling the 3 that have closed in the last year.

xstech25

I can't tell you my source, but I was getting calls all the time up until Toy Story Mania opened or so "didn't hit break even again today, Disneyland has 30k and DCA has 8k." Things like that were pretty regular.

Mike S

Building Cars Land would most likely cause the budget for any Star Wars plans to suffer or vice versa. If they build both, they will both come out lack luster due to budgetary restraints. Build something new, not clone an existing, unique land from California. Get off your lazy a$$ Disney and get creative. Or just add another Soarin theater....that should solve everything!

Go take a look up the street at Skull Island or Potter if you need some inspiration on how to build something impressive...and in less than a decade...and without "phased openings"
GotG and The Incredibles where SoA now stands.

HauntedMansionFLA

Cars Land makes a ton of sense. It's a proven hit, you already have all the imagineering done, it would add another family ride to a park that needs them, all of the merchandise can just be replicated since they are already making it for DCA and it fits with the rumored Pixar area expansion coming to DHS.
Zsolt Hormay is doing the rockwork for AvatarLand and created CarsLand. Hoping he will do work on either StarWars land or CarsLand. Having both lands with the right budget would be a game changer and take pressure off the Magic Kingdom.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I agree. I was just over in the Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans thread reading about all the great Star Wars stuff that's coming to DHS. ;)

Travel Junkie

This is not exactly true.
The park never lost money (what is your source on this) but did not meet its attendance projections.
DCAs attendance of its first year (2001) was 5,000,000 and has slowly and steadily climbed to 8,500,000 in 2013
DHS has closed more attractions than it has opened in the last 10 years. DCA never had that problem.
DHS needs at least 6 new attractions along with backfilling the 3 that have closed in the last year.

More than 1 TDA official has told me that the Disneyland Resort was losing money for several years thanks to DCA. The only reason you saw attendance numbers as high as you did was because they were basically giving away admission to DCA with admission to Disneyland through constant marketing promotions. Even then most people rode Soarin and 1 or 2 other rides and then hop back to Disneyland. DLR was operating 2 theme parks but only generating revenue from one for several years.

JordanNite

@JordanNite , you seem to have a very strong, yet very uninformed opinion about Bob Iger and what he has and has not done for The Walt Disney Company during his tenure as President, CEO & Chairman /CEO.

I don't doubt he's done okay for Disney as a whole - he's invested heavily in the Star Wars franchise and Marvel - i remains to be seen whether they will recoup that investment, but at the moment it looks like he will suceed. He also got 'lucky' with the Frozen movie.

However, no one with an open mind, can honestly say he has been good for the theme park division - he's been horrendous. A diabolical disaster.

I have strong opinions on him, because this one man has single handedly ruined my holiday vacation.

Matt_Black

I have strong opinions on him, because this one man has single handedly ruined my holiday vacation.

LittleMermaid_8.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom