DHS Aerial View

roj2323

upload_2017-2-5_3-13-382-png.188178

image2-jpg.188179

Essentially where the earth brim will be built per your drawing correct?

View attachment 188178
View attachment 188179

Reposting theses as there seems to be lots of conversation about them.

Goofyernmost

LOL. I remember some of those. I use to really like If you had wings. If you opened that ride today people who go nuts on how bad it was. Mission to Mars? Real gem there, didn't think much of it back in the day.

In fact I think anyone here under 30 would be totally disappointed by the good ole days of Disney. And yes they had screen rides.

To this day I still like Tom Sawyers Island. Loved it when I was a kid. I don't think it's very popular any more? Wish Aunt Polly's or whatever that place was called was still open, great place to rest on a hot day getting some refreshments. Because of ADA rules that place if touched will have to be totally done away with and in my book that is a shame. For those of you who will say everything is ADA complaint at Disney, no it is not and especially that island. Just about nothing on that island would pass ADA rules. For that matter I'm surprised some fat person has gotten stuck in the tunnel under the fort. LOL. That is straight from the good ole days when kids played outside and didn't have electronic devices. My kids would love that island in our back yard and so would I. Not exactly a small project.
As long as everything is the way it was when it opened, before ADA, ADA compliance is not required. If they make any substantial changes to the island itself then it has to be, all of it, ADA approved. That is how the tree-house still exists.

General Hux

Is there any information on what the "expansion pad" will be used for? Is it thought to be designated for SW Land or TS Land? Or do we just have no clues about its intended use?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom