Describe your perfect day outside of the parks.

Jess G

Trying to plan 1 park day relaxing trip. I was not too happy about it but my hubby has been begging to try it once, he wants to use the money that we would spend on tickets on other things like dinner shows or a firework cruise or something we normally wouldn't do because our time is dedicated to parks.

Any ideas or suggestions?

disney4life2008

This is going to sound weird. But my last vacation where I stayed on property, 3 of ky 5 days I did absolutely nothing. I woke up early went to the food court had breakfast came back to the room and read. Then walked around the grounds, lunch, nap, movie one netflix, dinner, and a drink at the bar. I did a similar routine every day. It was amazing.

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

Jess..that's the BEST part!!! It's not any kind of paid event!!! You come and go as you please!!
We went around 8:30ish after dinner at the Garden View Campagne Lounge...stayed til just before 10. We would have stayed longer if my son wasn't falling asleep.
You could do Mizner's and then head there :)

I don't think it's really advertised, just on the GF Resort Activities schedule. Maybe it's on the website, but I didn't see it listed there.

ETA- this is how I found out about it. Try to find a guide for your month.
If you're in a Trip Club someone should have one.
View attachment 189635
Just saw an blog post about it from Disney Food Blog. @Zipitidoda the party takes place Wednesdays from 8:30-10:30. It is not limited to only GF guests. First come first served, of course. The post is from last August though, so I am not sure if they still have it.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Just saw an blog post about it from Disney Food Blog. @Zipitidoda the party takes place Wednesdays from 8:30-10:30. It is not limited to only GF guests. First come first served, of course. The post is from last August though, so I am not sure if they still have it.
Are you in a FB Trip club? If so, ask someone who is staying at GF. It will be in their email.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Awww. We will be there Thursday thru Monday! :( I'll put it on my list of must do's for the next time. Or i'll just keep looking to see if they change the day's.

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

Are you in a FB Trip club? If so, ask someone who is staying at GF. It will be in their email.
No FB for me. I cannot stand social media. Hope this doesn't count or then I am a total hypocrite. :)
It might be a good idea though to walk into the GF and just ask for a copy of the activity sheet to see if it's still offered. If they don't have the party anymore I am thinking of going to the Poly and getting some snacks and watching the fireworks from its beach.

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
:( What a sad unmagical day for us.

But on another note, what's going on with your resorts? Where are you staying!!?

Well, my travel agent got them to give me a FL resident rate for POR, which did cost a little more money then my original reservation, it's cheaper for me to rent DVC. So I started that process and it turns out that the ONLY studio available for my dates is a preferred room at SSR. I'm in the process of trying to lock in a reservation there. I'll probably stay the first night at a mod and the other 3 at SSR, we aren't arriving until later in the day and we would save $100 that way.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Well, my travel agent got them to give me a FL resident rate for POR, which did cost a little more money then my original reservation, it's cheaper for me to rent DVC. So I started that process and it turns out that the ONLY studio available for my dates is a preferred room at SSR. I'm in the process of trying to lock in a reservation there. I'll probably stay the first night at a mod and the other 3 at SSR, we aren't arriving until later in the day and we would save $100 that way.
Sounds like a good plan. I've heard good things about SSR. Hope you enjoy it.

Upvote 0

21stamps

No FB for me. I cannot stand social media. Hope this doesn't count or then I am a total hypocrite. :)
It might be a good idea though to walk into the GF and just ask for a copy of the activity sheet to see if it's still offered. If they don't have the party anymore I am thinking of going to the Poly and getting some snacks and watching the fireworks from its beach.
:( What a sad unmagical day for us.

But on another note, what's going on with your resorts? Where are you staying!!?

It was 2 days per week while I was there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom