Describe your perfect day outside of the parks.

Jess G

Trying to plan 1 park day relaxing trip. I was not too happy about it but my hubby has been begging to try it once, he wants to use the money that we would spend on tickets on other things like dinner shows or a firework cruise or something we normally wouldn't do because our time is dedicated to parks.

Any ideas or suggestions?

belledream

It took us 7 trips before we finally brought ourselves to do this and oh my gosh...divine. To me, outside the parks, the best things at WDW are those magnificent resorts and of course, food!. We started at Animal Kingdom Lodge since a trip to AKL on any given day takes some effort, eating lunch at Sanaa (so bucket list dining!), explored both Jambo House and Kidani Village, then bussed to MK to walk to Contemporary, rent SeaRaycers are zoom around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon all by our lonesome, boated to Wilderness Lodge where some relaxation was in order, then back to Contemporary for California Grill...then as the sun set, a monorail tour of Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Beaches, beautiful sunset, and pure Disney magic all around. Then back to Contemporary for Wishes!

That was long winded, I just had to relive that amazing day! Haha. But TLDR; it's exactly as you said in your post. Do the things you've always wanted to do, that you've never had the chance to because you're always at the parks. It's not as easy to get to and from AKL from AK as it is from MK to Contemporary. So seize the opportunities and they might just pay off. ;)

We also did at water park day with Blizzard Beach morning, Typhoon Lagoon afternoon, then Disney Springs night. That was an adventure too!

Upvote 0

belledream

A bit of both. We had our ADRs at Sanaa and CG so we knew we'd be in those areas, but we almost skipped SeaRaycers since the weather seemed questionable at the time (thank goodness it held out - that would've been a hot mess), and then we didn't know/care whether we went to WL or Fort Wilderness for the next hour so we just took the first boat we saw and were like...ok...WL it is! Haha. Then we saved monorail resort hopping for sunset because we knew it'd be extra beautiful. :)

Upvote 0

Schneewittchen

Before kids: sleep in, breakfast at Trail's End, shopping at Disney Springs and lunch there, Epcot resort hopping, coffee and pastries overlooking Crescent Lake, back to resort to rest, signature dinner, monorail resort hopping, fireworks, electrical water pageant.

With kids: pool day and a signature dinner.

Upvote 0

21stamps

• Renting a boat and exploring seven seas Lagoon & Bay Lake.
  • Renting bikes, checking out the stables, playing checkers at FW.
  • Both courses at Fantasia Gardens and walking to dinner on the Boardwalk afterwards.
  • Both courses at Mickey's Wintersummerland.
  • Swimming, drinking, relaxing by the pool.
  • Hidden Mickey Hunt.
  • Parasailing at Sammy Duval's
  • Surrey Bikes on the Boardwalk.
  • A nice dinner later in the evening after completing any of the above
  • Relaxing in the hot tub with a cocktail after dinner and completing any of the above. :)

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

There are tons of things outside the parks to do. If it were me, playing at the pool, having a cocktail, heading out for a resort dinner, explore the resort, or hit up YeeHaw Bob.

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
  • Renting a boat and exploring seven seas Lagoon & Bay Lake.
  • Renting bikes, checking out the stables, playing checkers at FW.
  • Both courses at Fantasia Gardens and walking to dinner on the Boardwalk afterwards.
  • Both courses at Mickey's Wintersummerland.
  • Swimming, drinking, relaxing by the pool.
  • Hidden Mickey Hunt.
  • Parasailing at Sammy Duval's
  • Surrey Bikes on the Boardwalk.
  • A nice dinner later in the evening after completing any of the above
  • Relaxing in the hot tub with a cocktail after dinner and completing any of the above. :)

Have you rented boat or parasailed in disney yet? I was very interested in that but I'm a little unsure on cost/timing or what to do. I wanted to rent one of the larger boats one afternoon and bring lunch on? I have no idea what the rules are.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Have you rented boat or parasailed in disney yet? I was very interested in that but I'm a little unsure on cost/timing or what to do. I wanted to rent one of the larger boats one afternoon and bring lunch on? I have no idea what the rules are.

It's been a tradition since my childhood to rent a watercraft every time I go to Disney, so yes to the boat. SeaRaycers and Whalers several times.. Poly just got 2 new boats, 2 Elements, 1 black, 1 red. They're the only resort to get them. Here's a bunch of photos- http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...adsheets-an-unrecognizable-trip.922893/page-8

If that link doesn't take you directly to the page, then click on 8. You aren't allowed to eat or drink on them, and the driver is attached by a cord (super annoying!), but it's still a lot of fun!

Sadly our parasailing time was cancelled due to weather on our scheduled day. But @DisneyJeff did it, so he can advise you there :)

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

Just a few:
GOPR0404.jpg

20161020_150606.jpg

20161020_155044.jpg

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For me, it's going to depend on why we're there and the time of year, weather wise.

First would be a lazy morning at the resort - sleeping in, lazy breakfast (but not at the quick service). Head over to Disney Springs for some shopping in the new Town Center. Afternoon appointment at Senses for some pampering. Back to the room for a nap. Then a nice relaxing dinner at one of the Signatures.

I did that for my daughter's birthday last year. A day all about her. No rush, rush to a park and rides. Ate breakfast at CRT when it was moved to Citrico's during the renovations. Then over to Senses for a mother/daughter spa luxury. Wandered around the resort afterwards since it was my daughter's first stay at GF. Headed over to DS for some shopping. Then back to room for nap before her birthday dinner at Narcossee's, reservation timed for Wishes. Other than breakfast/dinner and spa visit, everything was just "go with the flow" - what ever she wanted. It was one of the most enjoyable days at WDW. If the weather had been a tad warmer, we'd have changed the afternoon nap in the room for one poolside, with an adult beverage...

Upvote 0

SAV

Sleep in as much as you can. Spend some time at the pool. Then do some Resort Hopping. Walk around the Boardwalk and check out those resorts. You can end the day watching Wishes from the Poly beach with a Dole Whip Float in your hand. Or better yet, take the Monorail through Epcot during Illuminations then head to the Poly beach to watch Wishes.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Trying to plan 1 park day relaxing trip. I was not too happy about it but my hubby has been begging to try it once, he wants to use the money that we would spend on tickets on other things like dinner shows or a firework cruise or something we normally wouldn't do because our time is dedicated to parks.

So glad you posted this question! My husband and I are taking a 4 night trip to Disney this year (we're renting points for the first time!), his stipulation is 1 park. So even though I'm really looking forward to relaxing at the resort I'm still a little worried about just relaxing at the resort. SeaRaycers are going to be added to my list along with either eating at CG (so I can at least get Wishes:(, I mean Happy Ever After in), or Poly beach to watch the new show. Magic Kingdom is Husband least favorite park:eek: so were going to skip it this time which is why we are going to do one of those two.

Upvote 0

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It's been a tradition since my childhood to rent a watercraft every time I go to Disney, so yes to the boat. SeaRaycers and Whalers several times.. Poly just got 2 new boats, 2 Elements, 1 black, 1 red. They're the only resort to get them. Here's a bunch of photos- http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...adsheets-an-unrecognizable-trip.922893/page-8

If that link doesn't take you directly to the page, then click on 8. You aren't allowed to eat or drink on them, and the driver is attached by a cord (super annoying!), but it's still a lot of fun!

Sadly our parasailing time was cancelled due to weather on our scheduled day. But @DisneyJeff did it, so he can advise you there :)

Parasailing was a blast!! The views from up there were amazing!!
It was a gift from my wife, so unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) I don't know the price. There are two options: a low or a high flight. I choose the high flight, which I think is a little longer as well. My wife does not like heights, so she wasn't going to go with me. She was allowed to ride in the boat though. They told me that if the boat was crowded, that she would not have been able to go. Thankfully, there was only one other couple on the boat with us.
You can wear regular clothing. You do not get wet at all. You take off and land from the boat's platform. They just make you take off your shoes.
They offer a photo package as well. Once of the case members takes photos with a professional (looking) camera and you get to keep the camera's memory card. We did purchase the photo package, but I haven't looked at the photos yet :oops:, so I can't comment on how they turned out.

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
So glad you posted this question! My husband and I are taking a 4 night trip to Disney this year (we're renting points for the first time!), his stipulation is 1 park. So even though I'm really looking forward to relaxing at the resort I'm still a little worried about just relaxing at the resort. SeaRaycers are going to be added to my list along with either eating at CG (so I can at least get Wishes:(, I mean Happy Ever After in), or Poly beach to watch the new show. Magic Kingdom is Husband least favorite park:eek: so were going to skip it this time which is why we are going to do one of those two.

Oh my goodness we are literally in the same situation.... We're staying 4 nights and my hubby is actually trying to talk me into AK as our one park because he wants to see ROL (we're going 2 weeks before pandora opening so we will miss that) I love AK but I am thinking I would rather almost do NO park at all then to make that our one park... I am also considering 1 day in the water parks because we've never done that before.

As I'm planning I find myself getting more and more excited about the trip in general... I've encountered a couple bummers like the fort wilderness archery experience only is offer thru-sat ...... we are staying sat-wed so that's not an option and La nouba is only playing one day during our stay and I don't think I can coordinate that in .. Other then that I'm very excited. This is a first trip with no DDP so we're looking forward to trying a couple signatures also excited to try restaurants I never go to because they aren't a good enough value on the DDP like trails end and beaches & cream.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Oh my goodness we are literally in the same situation.... We're staying 4 nights and my hubby is actually trying to talk me into AK as our one park because he wants to see ROL (we're going 2 weeks before pandora opening so we will miss that) I love AK but I am thinking I would rather almost do NO park at all then to make that our one park... I am also considering 1 day in the water parks because we've never done that before.

As I'm planning I find myself getting more and more excited about the trip in general... I've encountered a couple bummers like the fort wilderness archery experience only is offer thru-sat ...... we are staying sat-wed so that's not an option and La nouba is only playing one day during our stay and I don't think I can coordinate that in .. Other then that I'm very excited. This is a first trip with no DDP so we're looking forward to trying a couple signatures also excited to try restaurants I never go to because they aren't a good enough value on the DDP like trails end and beaches & cream.
Definitely eat at the lounges too. None of them accept the DDP and all have great food!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Canoes, horseback riding, archery classes...all available at Ft Wilderness.

As far as a non-park signature dine, my go to is Jiko. Show up a bit before sundown and you can do the savannah walk and they roast marshmallows back there by the fire pit.

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
Canoes, horseback riding, archery classes...all available at Ft Wilderness.

As far as a non-park signature dine, my go to is Jiko. Show up a bit before sundown and you can do the savannah walk and they roast marshmallows back there by the fire pit.

I've been going back and forth between if we want to so Sanna or Jiko.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom