Deluxe Resort Pricing

WDWspider

Do you consider Walt Disney Deluxe Resorts to be priced too high? Do not consider Codes or discounts of any kind... I mean rack rates. Please explain your answer if you want.

Yes, the rack rates are too high. We always stay at a deluxe for basically 2 reasons, we have a family of 5 and my DH is very tall and hates anything lass than a queen size bed. I went on the official disney web site and researched a room for the spring break season around april 21-28. I was quoted the rack rate of $404 a night. Well needless to say they didn't get our business. We booked a vacation somewhere else and we took a family vote and decided to wait till the summer when we can get a longer vacation for our money. The only way we can afford the deluxes is if we use a AP code. Which is usually what we do. We are thinking of going around the christmas holiday. I suppose then they will not offer any discounts and only have rack rates too. Where is Disney's loyalty to their AP people who come several times a year. I feel we should get a discount on the room even if its the peak season. After all, you must remember it is the management philosophy to get as many dollars out of each consumer as they can. Well sometimes we have to say no, I am not paying this astronomical insane rack rate, and guess what, our family did. So if they can get someone else willing to do that, good for them. Also how come whenever we go, we always see a billboard type sign that always says room available etc. What gives? That is my two cents.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I dont think any room is worth the prices of the majority of the deluxes. The moderates arent too moderate anymore being well over $250 for a lakeview during peak season. Most people do not even use the added amenities, and you have to pay for them in addition...it is not like the amenities are free i.e boating and bikes, haircut places, many restaurant options. And the themeing at every level of resorts is phenomenal. I just see deluxes as only being closest to the theme parks, that is the only allure they have to me. But way expensive, yes.

Upvote 0

bailey5697

Originally posted by marypopmom
Yes, the rack rates are too high.
The only way we can afford the deluxes is if we use a AP code. Where is Disney's loyalty to their AP people who come several times a year. .

I have a few questions, maybe someone could answer?
I have never heard the reference "Rack Rate" I can take a guess at what it means, but what is this exact reference?

What does AP stand for? :hammer:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I think all the room rates should be lowered given our poor economic climate. We always stay in a deluxe because it's our one big vacation a year. It's getting harder and harder to save for this trip, though. I've tried to convince my DH to move to a moderate, but he's been spoiled.

Upvote 0

Seano846

Rack rates are the full "retail" price for the room, it is the price Disney advertises and it is the price that you will pay if you do not have a discount code to use. AP stands for Annual Pass.

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

I love the Wilderness Lodge's theme, I think it's phenomenal. It's the number one choice for my future honeymoon, and I know Julia's gonna love it.
That being said, it's virtually impossible for us to consider staying on a Deluxe or a Moderate for a Disney vacation, so thank God for the Values! :lol: Of course, Honeymoons are special, so it's worth it, in my opinion. Now, I have no idea how a WDW Deluxe resort compares to a regular deluxe hotel, so I have no idea if it's expensive or not! :hammer:

Upvote 0

bailey5697

Originally posted by Seano846
Rack rates are the full "retail" price for the room, it is the price Disney advertises and it is the price that you will pay if you do not have a discount code to use. AP stands for Annual Pass.

Thank you mucho! :kiss:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

FYI

On the msn homepage today (msn.com) is a link to "Want to spot a celeb? Visit these hotels."

I went to the web pages and priced rooms. The assumption is 6 nights, Oct 6 - Oct 12, 2 adults, standard (i.e., least expensive) room.

Chateau Marmont, LA $295
Wave Hotel, Miami $120
Mercer Hotel, NYC $395
Four Seasons, LA $390
Phoenix Hotel, San Francisco $119
Loew's Vanderbilt, Nashville $129

WDW rack rates:

WL / AKL $239
Contem. $269 garden; $370 tower
Beach / Yacht / Boardwalk $329
Polynesian $344
Grand Floridian $384

Yes, I think the prices are high. Yes I think the other hotels offer more services for the price.

And no, I wouldn't consider staying off-site when I go to WDW.

Upvote 0

celticdog

I too also believe rack rates are high, however, if you look at it from a business point of view, Disney is cashing in on the "once-in-a-lifetime" vacationers. Disney will try their hardest to get top dollar during peak season, And i know of alot people who are willing to pay, just to go when it's conveinent. I, however, never ever plan on going during peak season. I have the luxury of taking a vacation anytime, plus i have the knowledge (thanks to all of you) of discount codes. I'll never pay full price again.

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Well, of course the rates are too high... as is a running theme with nearly all things Disney. But, obviously enough people are willing to pay it, or it would change. That whole supply and demand thing.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

you must consider what ur getting....

A well themed hotel....
A well kept and themed room....
beaches, nature walks, lovely scenery....
Transportation....
inside WDW
great pools

I still don't think for what you get....a deluxe is worth it....
But like someone said....ur in WDW....and everything more expensive!

Upvote 0

Katherine

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Deluxe resorts. Well themed and very nice. But when comes to nice hotel or longer stay I would have to go with longer stay.

Upvote 0

Cosmo

I repsonded "no" but only because there was no "sometimes". What I mean is that most of the time "no". I love staying at the deluxe resorts. My wife and i stayed at the Cont. for her first trip, we've stayed at pretty much all the other ones too, most recently the GF and it was worth every penny and we'd do it again without hesitation, but when we stayed at the Poly we were very very very dissappointed and would have much rather stayed at any other delux or moderate and felt that it was definitely NOT worth the money.

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

I think all the Delux Resorts Rack Rates are waaaaaaay too high (but I've never paid full price for a delux, cause I always find codes :) )

But The moderate hotel rates are great, even without the discounts...

Upvote 0

imagineersrock

i lovepractically all the delux resorts adadmit that i do visit them [simply because of my so-called addiction lol:lol: ] but anyway, i think the prices are outrageous, and im amazed that people continue to pay $400 for a room worth $80-100. i think they should all boycott! -hell, i would if it wasnt for that damn addiction!:lol: :lookaroun :hammer:

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Originally posted by imagineersrock
i lovepractically all the delux resorts adadmit that i do visit them [simply because of my so-called addiction lol:lol: ] but anyway, i think the prices are outrageous, and im amazed that people continue to pay $400 for a room worth $80-100. i think they should all boycott! -hell, i would if it wasnt for that damn addiction!:lol: :lookaroun :hammer:

$80 - $100!! Where are you staying? Last I heard, a room at a (not too magical) embassy suites was $125+, with bad service, nothing all that interesting to do or look at for the same #of people to stay inside. (I guess we did have an in room coffee maker - not a big amenity since none of us like coffee) I think the price is actually right on, even though it is high, if that makes any sense. I think the rooms at the deluxe resorts can't be priced around things that are tangible.... you just are paying for that "Disney Magic."

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

Exactly.. Dirt Bag hotels in Wildwood NJ are like $250 a night.. they are gross and old and dirty, and you have to stay 3 nights, or else you can't stay at all....

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Rates

We've started staying at the Deluxe Hotels once my kids were old enough to work. Now we split it 4 ways and we can afford it. It's worth every penny. I never realized how nice it is at these places. The one time I spent the money when my kids were little was when we went to Wilderness Lodge when it first opened, again, it was a little cheaper than the Poly or Grand Floridain, or Contemporary but to us it was pricy. But Now that I'm getting older I realize NOW in my life it's worth the money. Beleive me we stayed at the All stars, Always stay at Caribben Beach but not at $250 a night? I can't imagine paying that. We wait now till the discounted price comes out and we go off season and we get to stay practically where we want!! I know you can't when you have kids in school but when they get older, you will be able to. Don't fret!!!!!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Re: Kids

Originally posted by kennyj29
I know you can't when you have kids in school but when they get older, you will be able to. Don't fret!!!!!
1) can't imagine WDW without my kids :(
2) can't wait for them to leave school :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom