Deadpool

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Having watched footage of the trailer from Comic-Con, I can now say for the first time that I am glad that Marvel doesn't have the film rights to all their characters because, quite frankly, there is absolutely no way Disney would have signed off on this, at least not as is.

Deadpool should be violent, profane, absurd, and generally like a Looney Tunes cartoon if it were directed by Quentin Tarantino, and that trailer NAILED it.

ItlngrlBella

Having watched footage of the trailer from Comic-Con, I can now say for the first time that I am glad that Marvel doesn't have the film rights to all their characters because, quite frankly, there is absolutely no way Disney would have signed off on this, at least not as is.

Deadpool should be violent, profane, absurd, and generally like a Looney Tunes cartoon if it were directed by Quentin Tarantino, and that trailer NAILED it.

^^^ ...and don't forget hilariously snarky - just the way I like him! :inlove:

I fangirled-out today when I saw the Comic-Con trailer and panel online. I'm glad it's R - it would have compromised the character if it was anything less.

ItlngrlBella

There's a vid on YouTube of the trailer shown at Comic-Con. Just need to know what to Google - not sure if I should post because youngin's are on here. I can PM it to you.

ItlngrlBella

@RandomPrincess - well the one I was going to send you was pulled by FOX (per a little notice in YouTube)... They are getting pulled from the net and getting posted again by others - it's like "whack-a-mole" with this trailer! - I just PM'ed you one that hasn't been pulled... Yet.

Anyone else who wants to see RR/Deadpool in his full hotness, PM me and I'll send you the link. :)

ItlngrlBella

Having watched footage of the trailer from Comic-Con, I can now say for the first time that I am glad that Marvel doesn't have the film rights to all their characters because, quite frankly, there is absolutely no way Disney would have signed off on this...

...Could you imagine those Deadpool M&G's that will never be (at least in a WDC park). Inappropriate double-entandres galore. :hilarious:

ItlngrlBella

For whatever reason, I just now remembered that back in the day, Ryan Reynolds was in a Disney Channel movie. Paul Giamatti was in it too.

I remember that - it was like a soap opera for teens. I can't remember the name of the show but I remember being a young preteen/teen and having a crush on him - I think his name was "Billy" or "Robbie" or something.

ItlngrlBella

Yes, I saw the CGI test footage from last year, then the leaked Comic-con trailer over this weekend and then today Ryan Reynolds tweeted the "official" trailer will be available in 3 weeks with full VFX.

TB4244

I generally dread any Marvel film that Fox puts out, but I am really looking forward to Deadpool. That trailer is exactly what I hoped to see from an R rated Deadpool movie, just as it should be.

I'm also putting the horrors of X-Men Origins: Wolverine behind me...

Matt_Black

Original Poster
While I generally liked what I saw, they really sold me with TJ Miller. The Deadpool movie could just be two hours of Reynolds and Miller trading insults and I'd watch the HECK out of it.

doctornick

I'm also putting the horrors of X-Men Origins: Wolverine behind me...

Which begs the question: are they just totally ignoring XMO:W ever existed in regards to Deadpool? Same actor, same name character but the footage suggests a totally different origin for Deadpool with no relationship to that film. Is Deadpool the movie supposed to exist in the same universe as the X-Men films?

TomHendricks

Which begs the question: are they just totally ignoring XMO:W ever existed in regards to Deadpool? Same actor, same name character but the footage suggests a totally different origin for Deadpool with no relationship to that film. Is Deadpool the movie supposed to exist in the same universe as the X-Men films?
Yes

doctornick

I totally agree, but it's worth noting that Marvel/Disney was willing to go darker with Daredevil. I think they could have a decent Netflix show for Deadpool but there's no way they would have done a proper movie (in fact, I doubt they would have ever done a movie at all if they have X-men/Deadpool rights).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom