DCA's 'Blue Sky Cellar' - Time to start previewing projects in this space again?

ProjectXBlog

What a waste. Being able to see the changes coming to DCA was one of my favorite things back in the day and really got me excited for DCA's grand reopening. I don't know why they didn't keep updating this attraction for Galaxy's Edge and other future changes to the Resort.
Cynically, I’d say it’s a tacit acknowledgement that there simply isn’t anything worth previewing for the foreseeable future. I’m so tired of purpose-built structures being unused or wasted when crowd congestion is as bad as it is these days.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh gawd….why??

Freaking DVC…??
🤨
The cancer of WDW Property…now afflicting Disneyland.
This is such a dissapointment.

Is there nothing else they could come up with idea wise to reuse that space?

-
It actually infected DLR many years ago, it was just a small skin like cancer that many ignored. Its now exploded into a full on cancer that keeps spreading.

With the new DVC Tower at the DL Hotel they gotta sell those units.

TP2000

Oh gawd….why??

Freaking DVC…??
🤨
The cancer of WDW Property…now afflicting Disneyland.
This is such a dissapointment.

Is there nothing else they could come up with idea wise to reuse that space?

Thank you, my dear. I had the exact same thought.

The Blue Sky Cellar was such a small, oddball little thing. But it was important and meant there was a future worth waiting for.

But now?...

It'll just be a smarmy timeshare condo hospitality lounge with a Coke machine and a bored hostess forced to say "Welcome Home!" to people who bought into the scam. It almost makes you think there's not much of a future worth waiting for.

In much happier news, I thought of you this past weekend. I was at lunch with friends and ordered a pressed Lobster salad that was delicious. It's wasn't quite New England in August good, but it was close. And it made me miss a proper Lobster roll.

Suspirian

it’s still a preview center, it’s just “previewing” pixar pier still. i’ve seen plenty of confused folks see the giant banner with an arrow across from pacific wharf thinking it actually leads to pixar pier
The idea of someone ignoring the giant land in full view just a few feet over and heading towards a banner is pretty funny.

I'm more upset about losing beast library than blue sky cellar. There are so many other spaces they could use for imagination campus that don't affect the park experience.

And I'm hoping by turning the blue sky into a dvc lounge that that can free up the launch bay space when they get around to plussing Tomorrowland. Hopefully this upcoming D23 is the year we hear plans

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom