Daytime monorail closures in effect through to March

I'm not familiar with these repair schedule. Are these dates set in stone? If not, is there someone in WDW that can be contracted to determine if the monorail is still running on this schedule?

I ask all of this b/c we have a trip in the first week in February and had planned on using the Epcot line to go from poly to Epcot on Monday morning after a 7:30 am breakfast. looks likes those plans need to be modified. :)

Any wisdom is much appreciated.

R W B

Cost-saving measures.

If last year was any guide - nope just one more major amenity stripped away from the resorts whose primary marketing story is 'We are on the Monorail Loop'

I went Mardi gras week 2013, the first week of March and we were all excited to stay at the Poly only to find out a month before our trip that the monorails were down from like 10a-6p every week day. Didn't really justify the cost of the extra money for a "monorail resort" when I can't use the monorail at my convenience. Not sure if anything was actually refurbed or not but on vacation, I'm not a morning person so it definitely was a major inconvenience for us. That is also why we chose not to stay at a monorail resort this trip because I can justify the extra cost when things like this happen.

brea

To clarify...
  • 8:30am delayed opening on Mondays and Tuesdays
Means the monorail will open at 8:30 and stay open throughout the day on the resort loop?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm not familiar with these repair schedule. Are these dates set in stone? If not, is there someone in WDW that can be contracted to determine if the monorail is still running on this schedule?

I ask all of this b/c we have a trip in the first week in February and had planned on using the Epcot line to go from poly to Epcot on Monday morning after a 7:30 am breakfast. looks likes those plans need to be modified. :)

Any wisdom is much appreciated.

Rent a Car is the best advice I can give with the current state of WDW transport.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
1 out of 10... booooo

Considering Disney's OWN advice is to leave your park/resort 2 hours before your ADR if using 'Disney Transportation' to another park/resort what's to boo about other than the pathetic state of transit at Disney which can't move guests between locales in a timely mannner. With a car you are at 45 minutes including walking time to pretty much everywhere on property including Disney Springs.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Express Monorail

• Closed between 11:30am and 6pm Wednesday and Thursdays
  • 9:30am delayed opening on Mondays and Tuesdays
Resort Monorail
  • 8:30am delayed opening on Mondays and Tuesdays
Epcot Monorail
  • 9am delayed opening on Mondays and Tuesdays

So for 2 days a week, monorail resort guests loose access to the monorail for about 90 minutes in the morning. Oh the horror!!!!

disneygirlz8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom