D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Gusey

If we're doing predictions:
  • Fortnite Filler
  • Highlight reel of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Fantasy Springs and Zootopia at Shanghai
  • Disneyland Resort: 70th anniversary fireworks announcement; a Tiana's opening date/update; Avengers E-Ticket and/or Avatar Experience announcement
  • WDW: Tropical Americas/Dinoland replacement officially happening; Test Track 3.0 update; Beyond Big Thunder update (either committing or just that it's still happening); something for Hollywood Studios, but could just be Little Mermaid update
  • Tokyo: Space Mountain 2.0 update and confirmation of name
  • Disneyland Paris Resort: Announcement of Lion King at WDS; opening timeframe for Frozen and Lake Expansion as they're the only non-DCL projects set to open in 2025. Maybe we hear about the rumored update to Space Mountain or Star Wars in Disneyland Park (Wishful thinking as that park hasn't had a new ride since 2006_
  • Hong Kong: 20th anniversary parade announcement
  • Shanghai: Third expansion theme confirmation, update on 3rd hotel
  • DCL: Construction update on Disney Treasure; concept art for Disney Adventure and Disney Destiny

EPCOT-O.G.

1) Avatar at DCA
2) Avengers for HK and DCA
3) Tropical Americas*
4) Commitment to one of DHS or MK
5) Bluesky non-committal to DHS or MK
6) Shanghai’s Project
7) WDSP Lion King
8) At least two musical numbers people complain about followed by a close out with DLR cast members singing and dancing
9) Something completely unexpected that people like
10) Something completely unexpected that proves incredibly controversial
11) Entertainment announcement for WDW, probably liked
12) DCL taking up 15 minutes and posters here having a melt down. Maybe even a DCL investment in another class announced.
13) DVC taking up 5 minutes and full temper tantrums achieved
14) Epic Games taking 10 minutes. End of days declared.
15) Blue Sky session on Disneyland Forward that I’ll enjoy and everyone else will complain about for two years. Until it actually starts to happen in a similar fashion as spelled out.
16) roll a D-20 and determine which of the above is randomly cancelled last minute. 16-20 is rollers choice.

*Model to be featured on the show floor.
How will they further budget cut the promised Avengers attraction?

Squishy

If we're doing predictions:
  • Fortnite Filler
  • Highlight reel of Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Fantasy Springs and Zootopia at Shanghai
  • Disneyland Resort: 70th anniversary fireworks announcement; a Tiana's opening date/update; Avengers E-Ticket and/or Avatar Experience announcement
  • WDW: Tropical Americas/Dinoland replacement officially happening; Test Track 3.0 update; Beyond Big Thunder update (either committing or just that it's still happening); something for Hollywood Studios, but could just be Little Mermaid update
  • Tokyo: Space Mountain 2.0 update and confirmation of name
  • Disneyland Paris Resort: Announcement of Lion King at WDS; opening timeframe for Frozen and Lake Expansion as they're the only non-DCL projects set to open in 2025. Maybe we hear about the rumored update to Space Mountain or Star Wars in Disneyland Park (Wishful thinking as that park hasn't had a new ride since 2006_
  • Hong Kong: 20th anniversary parade announcement
  • Shanghai: Third expansion theme confirmation, update on 3rd hotel
  • DCL: Construction update on Disney Treasure; concept art for Disney Adventure and Disney Destiny
For WDW I think there's a good chance of a nighttime parade being announced considering quite a few rumors of something happening with nighttime parades for WDW in the past few months.

peng

Predictions
  • Disneyland isn't focused on, vague concept art is shown for avatar and said to replace Grizzly Peak, isn't talked about otherwise, Avengers E-Ticket is talked about, no dates on it, again, a new fireworks show is talked about, nothing on disneyland forward related things
  • Paris gets a live action lion king based thing (which will be canned), possibly space mountain is talked about there (view this as the least likely thing)
  • Tokyo gets nothing shown off, name of the new space mountain is revealed in a later thing
  • WDW: Most of what is shown off is AK expansion (southern Americas, nothing additional added or removed), Joe Rhode is trotted out if he's actually back, Beyond Big Thunder gets more concrete concepts shown off, blue sky segment is for Hollywood Studios, aside from a possible showing off of concept art for Test Track 3, nothing for Epcot.
  • Another piece of concept art for fortnite is shown off, some random games projects are shown in the middle that this forum will complain about

PizzaPlanet

I enjoy a game of Fortnite now and then but it’s probably the last thing I want to hear about in a biannual Disney theme park presentation

Salted Nut Roll

I'm glad we're finally hearing some news! It sounds like a lot of changes are being made this year, so hopefully things will run more smoothly. A few thoughts:

It's interesting that they're moving all the shopping to the North pavilion. Since it's a bigger space, I wonder if more people will be allowed into the shops at a time, leading to shorter lines. Maybe wishful thinking, but it would be nice

I'm glad that the only events at the Honda center are the "big 3" panels, and that they take place in the evening. I was picturing transportation chaos with people having to hop back and forth from one location to the other throughout the day. It also frees up a lot more expo space for people to spread out. I'm never interested in the "news" panels, as that's stuff I'll find out afterwards anyway. So I think I'm good just getting a basic expo ticket

Man, they keep pushing the Gold membership more every year. This is the first year I can recall them having a presale day for Golds. And they've long since eliminated the general members' early bird discount. But I just can't justify buying a Gold membership. Spending a hundred bucks to save fifty is just bad math. And getting to be first in line to get a ticket doesn't justify the cost for me. And I know the membership comes with perks here and there throughout the year, but I also know I would probably not get much out of them, so I'll just wait and pay more for my ticket with the rest of the plebes :p

Overall, I'm optimistic about the changes. I'm really hoping all of these things help alleviate lines and make it somewhat easier to get into shops and panels. But like all changes, it could either be great or end up being a cruise ship disaster. I'm excited to find out which it will be!

Surferboy567

Couple of quick things I didn’t see anyone mention in this thread that was mentioned in the presentation:

1.) You will PICK your seat during badge purchase think like ticketmaster you will keep the same seat if you go all three days.

2.) Complementary ground transportation will be provided from the Anaheim Convention Center to the Honda Center as well as rideshare options. More details to come at a future date.

3.) There WILL be a queue in use for buying badges.

4.) D23 Day at Disneyland is NOT a hard ticketed event. You don’t even need a badge to attend, all you need is a park ticket (and park pass) for that day.

5.) Up to 8 badges can be bought.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Looking at the presale merch are they not selling the bag separately like the other items? I want the bag but don’t want the bottle or hat.

JEANYLASER

I hope that Disney makes an announcement about the new Nighttime Parade at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World and the concept art of Test Track 3.0 at Epcot.

vikescaper

Forgive me if this has been posted already, but D23 posted the ticket buying process. I don’t know, it seems like they almost know what they are doing this time so I am hoping everything goes smoothly once tickets go on sale! 🤞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom