D23 Member or Not?

Dumbo2675

Original Poster
How can somebody find out if they are members to the D23 Disney Fan Club or not? I thought I joined some time ago but at this time I can't remember if I ever did or not.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm a member, but I have no idea how to prove it. I get the magazine quarterly, but I haven't gotten an updated member card in a while. And I never know which website to go to when renewing. It's through the Disney Store, but the site never seems to make me feel like it knows I'm a renewing member. It's just a generic order, and I just have to trust that all my records match.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm a member, but I have no idea how to prove it. I get the magazine quarterly, but I haven't gotten an updated member card in a while. And I never know which website to go to when renewing. It's through the Disney Store, but the site never seems to make me feel like it knows I'm a renewing member. It's just a generic order, and I just have to trust that all my records match.

You should get a new member card every year with your annual member gift. It's with the letter that comes with the gift each year. I get a new members card in my package every single year because your member card is only good for 1 year. Date is always in the back of your card with your name etc. I have been a member since 2009.
And to add you go on Disney Store and go to your account and you renew your membership from there in your Disney Store account info section. When you renew its $10 cheaper than the full price that's how you will know also, so it will be only $69.95 instead of $79.95 for the gold membership renewal. :)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

yeah, but what about free members? Free members don't get cards, do they?

No not that I know of because your not allowed to attend events etc so you won't get a card. Us that get the magazine etc are gold members so we always get a card too. Bronze members also get a card because they are a paying member but don't receive the magazine etc. So non paying members will not get a card. :)

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

You should get a new member card every year with your annual member gift. It's with the letter that comes with the gift each year. I get a new members card in my package every single year because your member card is only good for 1 year. Date is always in the back of your card with your name etc. I have been a member since 2009.
And to add you go on Disney Store and go to your account and you renew your membership from there in your Disney Store account info section. When you renew its $10 cheaper than the full price that's how you will know also, so it will be only $69.95 instead of $79.95 for the gold membership renewal. :)

I don't know why I always thought it was so much more expensive than that. What does that price include? What, if anything, do you do with the membership card?

sxeensweet

I don't know why I always thought it was so much more expensive than that. What does that price include? What, if anything, do you do with the membership card?

They have a family gold membership they just started offering that's a little more expensive.
Gold member price includes the quarterly collectors magazine, annual members gift, and options to attend D23 exclusive events free or paid events etc. Free members now offered cannot get any of these benefits at all.
The membership card is used to attend D23 exclusive events paid or free (you and 1 guest unless you have the family membership now offered it includes up to 4 I believe) , to buy exclusive D23 merchandise like trading pins etc at stores, and to show for any discounts offered at some restaurants or some stores etc. :)

Tony the Tigger

They have a family gold membership they just started offering that's a little more expensive.
Gold member price includes the quarterly collectors magazine, annual members gift, and options to attend D23 exclusive events free or paid events etc. Free members now offered cannot get any of these benefits at all.
The membership card is used to attend D23 exclusive events paid or free (you and 1 guest unless you have the family membership now offered it includes up to 4 I believe) , to buy exclusive D23 merchandise like trading pins etc at stores, and to show for any discounts offered at some restaurants or some stores etc. :)

Great! I needed another "tack on" expense like Tables In Wonderland, etc. LOL. I guess I have a lot of incorrect info about D23 - I thought the events were only in CA?

Dartha Stewart

Disney spam is just a little bit more magical than ordinary spam!! ;)
Except the weekly email inquiries I receive from some Agrabahian prince wishing to transfer funds into my bank account if I will help him with a financial transaction. Those get old pretty fast.
dc65fa1b285b70b5d4c424773169fe9e.jpg

sxeensweet

Great! I needed another "tack on" expense like Tables In Wonderland, etc. LOL. I guess I have a lot of incorrect info about D23 - I thought the events were only in CA?

Nope I have attended several at WDW since I have been a member. They usually have a paid event near Christmas that we did a few times that was awesome! It was a full day or two days of special things we did in the parks and after hours in the parks. Also sometimes there is events across the US. One happened in New Orleans near me to attend for free the museum exhibit and film that was traveling throughout the US etc a few years ago about Walt Disney, free advanced movie screenings etc. :)

ncissg1

To check to see if your D23 account is active go to disneystore.com and select my account at the top right of the page. You might have to log in first but then your account page should appear and your D23 membership should appear after your account information just scroll down until you get to the membership section. If you are not a member or if your account is inactive you will most likely see it there.

Cmdr_Crimson

To check to see if your D23 account is active go to disneystore.com and select my account at the top right of the page. You might have to log in first but then your account page should appear and your D23 membership should appear after your account information just scroll down until you get to the membership section. If you are not a member or if your account is inactive you will most likely see it there.

You can also Check your status on D23.com where you can also Renew/Upgrade your memberships.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

We joined when it first launched but it really wasn't worth it to us. We are DVC members and get discounts that way. It also seemed more targeted toward people on the west coast and we live in East TN. So we just dropped out of it.

Tom

Beta Return
We joined when it first launched but it really wasn't worth it to us. We are DVC members and get discounts that way. It also seemed more targeted toward people on the west coast and we live in East TN. So we just dropped out of it.

Did you get the quarterly publication? That's basically the sole reason I continue to pay. I really enjoy those, plus the little novelties they send with them. And the free Star Wars movie tickets we got in the winter.

I wouldn't even consider paying for the lower level membership. There's nothing to show for it.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Did you get the quarterly publication? That's basically the sole reason I continue to pay. I really enjoy those, plus the little novelties they send with them. And the free Star Wars movie tickets we got in the winter.

I wouldn't even consider paying for the lower level membership. There's nothing to show for it.
Seems like we did get the publication but I honestly can't remember much other than that.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Is it truly worth getting the paid membership (other than the gift)? They don't have any perks at the theme parks (particularly WDW) do they? I signed up for the free membership and basically get the weekly email, but was curious if paying that much money every year is worth it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom