D23 hotels

Figments Friend

Low price and basic, here are a few I like in the area, some are within Walking Distance of both, some you might need to use a Shuttle.

Quality Inn on Manchester. I happen to be a Choice Privileges Platinum Member, and I like the fast that it is easy to earn rewards with bonus offers, and that you can usually get a $50 gift card for typical places such as buying Gas for only a couple of nights stay during a promo period. Breakfast is good, Waffle Maker, and a daily meat (usually sausages) and eggs (usually scrambled) offered hot, along with many other items. Small Fridge and Microwave in the room. Older Property on the future Demo list. Stayed there recently when we needed to leave the House for a night due to construction issues. Near HoJo's

http://www.anaheimqualityinn.com/

The Motel 6 on Disney Way is good,but no free meal

Super 8 on Katella next to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at AGW is good and basic, breakfast is a not as nice as the Quality Inn..
Hotel Indigo is good if they have a sale price.

The Extended Stay is good for what it is, and you know what to expect.

That is a start of some Hotels/Motels in the area.

Some good suggestions, thank you Darkbeer!
I will take a look at those.
I am already a Quality Inn 'convert', and can totally get behind your thoughts regarding them.

When I'm in town, my favorite spot to room that is in a pleasant area and inexpensive to stay in is the Quality Inn & Suites At The Park on W. Katella.
Fits like a glove as far as basic needs go for me, and they have a tasty free breakfast every morning.
It is your basic 60s era motel revamped a slight notch, but has a charm to it despite it's tiny size.
The owners are very nice and I have always received very friendly and excellent personal service.

It's terrific for what it is.
Close to the Parks...10 minute relaxing and scenic walk under the palm trees by day and white X-mas lights at night.
I love it because it is close enough to the action, but just far enough away to avoid the 'tourist scene' of crowds and chaos that surround Harbor Blvd.
Basic motel, but clean and in a safe area.

This is the place I typically stay, but my recommending it all these years comes back to bite me sometimes.
Namely, folks have figured out it's a swell inexpensive place to stay and the hotel has caught on too.
They have raised the rates considerable over the last few years.
A room I used to pay $69 for just a couple of years ago is now often well over $100+ so I don't get to stay every visit as before.

I have also stayed at the Alamo Inn directly next door to the Quality, and despite the really terrifying horror stories I had read online before rooming there, I found the place to be okay.
A step down from the Quality Inn next door, yes, but it was not the pest hole dump others had made it sound like.
Maybe I just got lucky?

My 1st D23 Expo in 2015 I stayed at the Alamo as it was the only budget choice left in the area by the time I had booked.
I remember being a bit concerned before arriving for the convention due to the really negative reviews I had read.
But it was nothing to worry about in the end...just a bare bones, no frills motel that was not all that bad.
Whew.....I was so relieved!

I have looked at the Super 8 on Katella on previous ventures...almost booked a room there when I last visited in September.
A last minute deal offer made me switch and I was able to score a room at the ol' Quality.
Not this time...it must be booked solid as nothing shows up in my online searches.

No worries.
It is good to try other places.
I am a adventurous sort, so I am pretty open to new places.
Still browsing options at the moment.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom