News D23 Expo 2017

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Folks want more Parks created IP rather than Studios created IP. But it is all IP. I think the only Parks created IP in recent memory is MM. Otherwise P&R has relied on studio IP since the mid 90's, so this isn't new.
Exactly, what I'm saying. If it is good then what's the problem other than an opinion not matching your own.

Bairstow

seems like the Disney actresses want a Princess crossover animated movie.
http://screenrant.com/disney-princess-actresses-want-an-avengers-like-team-up-movie/
Seems like a manufactured story. This was the same reporter asking them all the same question, and then cutting together their responses to the question. What are they going to do- respond, on camera, to a reporter's idea with, "Eh. I dunno. Sounds kind of dumb,"?
At most, they were being polite and responding enthusiastically to something that would make them money.

Facebook clickbait in its most pure form.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
thanks to @themeparkjosh who posted a comparison photo between the Epcot concept art and the existing layout

I made my own version of them side by side.

Some things I noted....the Imagination attraction is off to the left, so not worth mentioning as it is out of frame...the pathways around the old Odyssey restaurant look different...what I thought was in the middle of the world showcase lagoon at first is actually just at the very front area before reaching that area.

The entire communicore/innoventions area looks to be replaced by trees, was Joe Rohde involved in this? (joke)

(Crap, looks like I need another hosting to post the photo)

https://twitter.com/themeparkjosh/status/886402184442761218

So I'm catching up here... watching the presentation now and reading the thread.

They are finally replacing commicore??

phillip9698

Folks want more Parks created IP rather than Studios created IP. But it is all IP. I think the only Parks created IP in recent memory is MM. Otherwise P&R has relied on studio IP since the mid 90's, so this isn't new.

When you say folks exactly who are you referring to? If you mean diehard Disney enthusiasts who care about the history of the rides as well as the ride systems and are likely to post on message boards then you are correct. If you mean the average Disney visitor, who outnumber enthusiasts by a large margin, then you would be wrong.

There is a reason we are getting a Star Wars area and not a generic space opera area and ride. There is a reason Universal has built Harry Potter areas and not generic wizard areas and is looking to build a Nintendo area. IPs sell tickets. That's what the folks want.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have searched and can't find if it has been discussed or confirmed that Star tours will still be around once the new star wars land opens

Definitely for at least a year after SW:GE opens in order to showcase a new scene from Ep. 9 and to soak up some of the SW fever. After that it will eventually be rethemed, relocated, or demolished (no decision has been made that far in advance). Remember, for Disney, 'eventually' could be quite a while.

Wishing Star

gotta say the fact that all these additions should be ready by 2021-2022, means that's when I'll most likely book my next WDW trip. Also doesn't include all future 50th additions to be announced/revealed later. Might as well celebrate the 50th anniversary!!!:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So I'm catching up here... watching the presentation now and reading the thread.

They are finally replacing commicore??

They showed concept art of that section of Epcot that didn't show the commicore buildings, but Martin has indicated that this is early blue sky artwork and might not exactly represent what actually happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom