D23 Expo 2017/Disneyland Meet-up

Figments Friend

I really like the PCH Grill buffet over at the Paradise Pier hotel.
The dinner buffet has no character dining ( breakfast only ) and the food selection is quite good.
It's also not crazy busy due to it being at a resort hotel..which I like as well.

The price, if I'm remembering right, is between $36 to $38 and I felt it was worth it for the selection.
All you can eat, salads, meats, seafood, pasta, the works.
Dessert bar as well and non-alcoholic drinks included.

I recommend it.
It's a good place to fuel up after 'running on empty' in some respects for three days at the Expo.
:)

-

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm guessing this year will be different.

I dunno - in 2015 we all expected Star Wars land to be announced, and they did it during the studio presentation. I don't know of any major announcements people are counting on for the parks this time other than Marvel for DCA and maybe the Rat clone for Epcot.

I will say this - each Expo has gotten progressively crazier and more chaotic. Be prepared to show up really early, or even stay overnight if great seating at the biggest panels is important to you.

Figments Friend

When I attended last time around in 2015, I only waited 30 minutes to get into the Park & Resorts panel.
I didn't think I would be able to get in at all...considering some had been lined up for hours for it.
I decided on a whim to check out the line situation a half hour before it began and got in with no problem.

Now, my seat was not nessessily in a prime spot, but I could see the faces of the people on stage and not have to always look at the monitors.
For me it was more about the atmosphere, just being there in the audience when certain things were announced.

I will always remember the lull when 'Frozstrom' was brought up in the presentation.
The audience had been lively and responsive up to that point, but they turned quiet when that part of the panel was happening.
It was a great moment...really made it clear that the fans were less then enthused.
:D

-

Figments Friend

On that note, it's probably time I mentioned that plans have changed recently and I've had to accept the fact that I am NOT going to the Expo or CA this July.
I've been watching and waiting for months, and everything is just far too expensive for me this time around.
Sorry gang.
:(

The fact it's being held during peak Summer travel season is the main factor.
Airfares and hotel rates have been insane for my coast-to-coast routing since earlier this year when I first started looking.
Holding the Expo in July is not good for those looking for budget travel options.

The other aspect is there is nothing to date that has been announced for the Expo that has me really excited about attending.
The general vibe i've been getting is the focus is going to be primarily on Marvel and Star Wars which is not 'Disney' to me.
Nothing has been announced to date that is enticing enough for me to get out there, so it's just not worth the expense this time.
A part of me still wanted to go, but another part is questioning 'why?'.

So I'm sitting this one out...
Perhaps another time when we are all out there together.

In the meantime, I will sit back and enjoy it all through all of you.
Me and Disneyland still have some further adventures in the future, just not now.
;)

-

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
On that note, it's probably time I mentioned that plans have changed recently and I've had to accept the fact that I am NOT going to the Expo or CA this July.
I've been watching and waiting for months, and everything is just far too expensive for me this time around.
Sorry gang.

Airfares and hotel rates have been insane for my coast-to-coast routing since earlier this year when I first started looking.
Holding the Expo in July is not good for those looking for budget travel options.

The other aspect is there is nothing to date that has been announced for the Expo that has me really excited about attending.
The general vibe in getting is the focus is going to be on Marvel and Star Wars which is not 'Disney' to me.
Nothing has been announced yet that is enticing me to get out there, so it's just not worth the expense this time.

Me and Disneyland still have some further adventures in the future, just not now.
;)

-

Oh that is too bad. I was hoping to meet you. I love your reports of your Disneyland adventures. Perhaps another time.

Mike S

Sorry gang.

The general vibe i've been getting is the focus is going to be primarily on Marvel and Star Wars which is not 'Disney' to me.
Nothing has been announced to date that is enticing enough for me to get out there, so it's just not worth the expense this time.
A part of me still wanted to go, but another part is questioning 'why?'.

;)

-
Nah, you're just scared of my mad Mario Kart skills ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom