Cuts

jrhwdw

The neighborhood restraints have a lot to do with night shows as well, the new fountain show should be good and Epic will not have restraints
In EU, is the place for a Nighttime Spectacular right by the Hotel? If so, Pyro might be limited so not to burn up the Hotel?

JoeCamel

In EU, is the place for a Nighttime Spectacular right by the Hotel? If so, Pyro might be limited so not to burn up the Hotel?
They built a fireworks launch in the retention pond on the back of the hotel and may have other sites on the edges of the property.

sonoma15

The drive in and dance show was reported to be closing by the end of January by the site that shall not be named, but as of today it is still running.
1000002384.jpg

BrianLo

I think Islands of Adventure is a really, really great park.

But it has just struck me, it may currently have the worst show entertainment of any theme park worldwide... in history?

Its pinnacle offering seems to be the Frog Choir, currently. As in I think that is their most expensive offering now running?

Andrew25

I think Islands of Adventure is a really, really great park.

But it has just struck me, it may currently have the worst show entertainment of any theme park worldwide... in history?

Its pinnacle offering seems to be the Frog Choir, currently. As in I think that is their most expensive offering now running?
Shows? What shows?

In all seriousness, IOA is probably the only park in Orlando that would benefit more from non-ride additions. Grinchmas is insanely popular each year, how they haven’t realized that shows are just as popular as rides is beyond me.

brb1006

They have two enormous theaters, too! Granted, one will likely be demolished to become a Hyrule ride, but they should definitely put something in Toon Lagoon.
Remember when Toon Lagoon used to have the "Pandemonium Circus" stage show that was very short lived?

Andrew25

So... where are we now?
  • Removed Physical Park Maps
  • Reduced Park Hours
  • -1 Attraction at IOA
  • -1 Parade at USF (seasonally)
  • -2 Nighttime Shows (Potter Projections/USF Lagoon Show)
This includes the fact that Universal is still understaffed and TMs are still poorly trained and uninformed.

Forgot to mention Universal still reports "record-breaking" profits YoY

sonoma15

So... where are we now?
  • Removed Physical Park Maps
  • Reduced Park Hours
  • -1 Attraction at IOA
  • -1 Parade at USF (seasonally)
  • -2 Nighttime Shows (Potter Projections/USF Lagoon Show)
This includes the fact that Universal is still understaffed and TMs are still poorly trained and uninformed.

Forgot to mention Universal still reports "record-breaking" profits YoY
Most of these aren't really cuts since they are actively being replaced. In fact that's kind of like the opposite of a cut because it probably costs more money to build brand new shows and parades than to keep running old ones. Also, Universal park hours have always been pretty bad, if anything, based on history they are getting better though they are mostly just the same.

Andrew25

Most of these aren't really cuts since they are actively being replaced. In fact that's kind of like the opposite of a cut because it probably costs more money to build brand new shows and parades than to keep running old ones. Also, Universal park hours have always been pretty bad, if anything, based on history they are getting better though they are mostly just the same.

Universal Studios Florida
(Net Neutral) Shrek to Villain-Con
(Net Neutral) Terminator to Bourne
(-) Fear Factor Live
(+) Rip Ride Rockit
(+) Fallon (yes, it's far more popular than Twister)
(+) Transformers

Islands of Adventure
(-) Poseidon's Fury
(-) Sinbad
(+) Hagrid's
(+) Forbidden Journey
(+) VelociCoaster
(+) Skull Island

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
The hours are cut compared to last year.

You are drinking powerful cool aid to compliment them on needlessly removing a parade and nighttime lights for many months. The Hogwarts lights work fine and are shut off because…reasons.

They’re not working on Hyrule yet. They closed Poseidon and it sits in guest view in a land without attractions.

DKampy

The hours are cut compared to last year.

You are drinking powerful cool aid to compliment them on needlessly removing a parade and nighttime lights for many months. The Hogwarts lights work fine and are shut off because…reasons

They’re not working on Hyrule yet. They closed Poseidon and it sits in guest view in a land without attractions.
Not to mention how many years has the sinbad stage sat empty without even so much as a rumor show replacement

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom