Country Bear Jamboree Open today?

spectrodanny

Ok now i'm ED! apparently Block party bash will next year be getting (are you ready to scream) a CHRISTMAS MAKEOVER! (wonders how Disney will be able to explain the illegal use of copyriighted songs when they no longer wish to pay for them

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ok now i'm ED! apparently Block party bash will next year be getting (are you ready to scream) a CHRISTMAS MAKEOVER! (wonders how Disney will be able to explain the illegal use of copyriighted songs when they no longer wish to pay for them

Not all Christmas songs are copyrighted. Many are public domain.

They could also write their own songs. :shrug:

disneydata

If it's less than 30 seconds, you don't have to pay royalties. That's why the clips in the new Christmas parade are so short.

Skyway

I think the "music royalty" rumor is about as true as the "Frozen Walt" legend.

If music royalty costs were truly an issue, why would Disney put the Country Bear Christmas soundtrack on the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Boxed CD collection?? They are still selling that boxed set, which would (in theory) mean Disney is paying royalties on every copy sold.

Those same songs (including "Rudolph") are used in practically every WDW holiday show. They also play in every store, hotel lobby, and area music loop.

Yes, the CBJ Christmas show was discontinued for cost measures (especially considering it does not attract new visitors like, say, the Castle Lights do). But I'm sure setting up and tearing down the overlay on nearly 40-year-old equipment costs way more than any rumored music royalties.

My hope is that ANOTHER rumor is true---that the CBJ Christmas was cut the past three years to save funds that would later be used for this latest rehab. Perhaps CBJ Christmas funding will now be restored in future capital improvement budgets. I doubt it. But I can hope.

SirGoofy

I'm really disappointed to hear this rehab was underwhelming, especially since I was told it was going to look great before it reopened. :(

jt04

I'm really disappointed to hear this rehab was underwhelming, especially since I was told it was going to look great before it reopened. :(

the trend seems to be to do just enough to get the attraction open no matter if it is ready. Now at Disneyland they don't have this attitude. If I were a DVC'er I'd be getting pretty tired of poor cheap effort by WDW. They deserve bette IMO.:veryconfu

SirGoofy

the trend seems to be to do just enough to get the attraction open no matter if it is ready. Now at Disneyland they don't have this attitude. If I were a DVC'er I'd be getting pretty tired of poor cheap effort by WDW. They deserve bette IMO.:veryconfu

You're telling me. And I'm tired of them letting attractions go until the last possible minute before they rehab. Our dock at the Jungle Cruise was about to collapse in some places, and they still almost didn't give us our rehab.

MousDad

(wonders how Disney will be able to explain the illegal use of copyriighted songs when they no longer wish to pay for them

I don't understand this on any level. Are you assuming they don't pay licenses (correct term - not royalties), on copyrighted music that they use but don't own, Christmas or not?

I also don't understand because every song in the regular Block Party Bash is under copyright protection but not owned by Disney also.

jt04

I don't understand this on any level. Are you assuming they don't pay licenses (correct term - not royalties), on copyrighted music that they use but don't own, Christmas or not?

I also don't understand because every song in the regular Block Party Bash is under copyright protection but not owned by Disney also.

Quite simply it is a combination of Disney Magic and Pixie Dust

jt04

You're telling me. And I'm tired of them letting attractions go until the last possible minute before they rehab. Our dock at the Jungle Cruise was about to collapse in some places, and they still almost didn't give us our rehab.

I wouldn't call what you got a "rehab". More like a "shoring up" :rolleyes:

Todd L

Are people really gonna complain to Guest relations Because an animatronic Bears head is on an "unnatural Angle" ? I mean really? Wow. I dont understand how this could possibly upset people enough to make them complain about it. I mean youre on vacation right? Relax a little.

They want to get this stuff up and running a.s.a.p. and im sure the kinks will be worked out as time goes on. Why anyone feels like they were personally wronged by an Stage prop not working correctly is just really weird to me. :eek:

Why do the FANS think they can dictate what should or should not go on inside the gates is beyond me. Someone is ed that the are making over a Parade for christmas and not CBJ? I mean are you really Mad about that? really? cmon. Why not just go and enjoy yourself and not be so critical of the place you love so much. Where on your Ticket does it say you are entitled to a Perfect, error free day. We are talking about a newly renovated attraction full of mechanical, visual , Lighting and Audio systems. Give them a chance to make it right. peace.

danesporty

Original Poster
Are people really gonna complain to Guest relations Because an animatronic Bears head is on an "unnatural Angle" ? I mean really? Wow. I dont understand how this could possibly upset people enough to make them complain about it. I mean youre on vacation right? Relax a little.

They want to get this stuff up and running a.s.a.p. and im sure the kinks will be worked out as time goes on. Why anyone feels like they were personally wronged by an Stage prop not working correctly is just really weird to me. :eek:

Why do the FANS think they can dictate what should or should not go on inside the gates is beyond me. Someone is ed that the are making over a Parade for christmas and not CBJ? I mean are you really Mad about that? really? cmon. Why not just go and enjoy yourself and not be so critical of the place you love so much. Where on your Ticket does it say you are entitled to a Perfect, error free day. We are talking about a newly renovated attraction full of mechanical, visual , Lighting and Audio systems. Give them a chance to make it right. peace.

There are some people that do get upset about things like that. I am one of them when it comes to many things. Its just that people care so much about Walt Disney World and want it to be right that they get upset if it isnt.

SirGoofy

Yes I am. Because Disney is supposed to stand for quality, and I want every attraction I experience to be in 100% working order.

Yea they do want to get things running ASAP, even if it means opening an attraction before it is even close to ready. For an example please reference Spaceship Earth

Ummm we should dictate what goes on inside the gates because WE are the reason its there. Management should always pander to the guests, and attempt to give the guests the best possible experience. Duct tape and chewing gum rehabs of rides in order to keep them up for the most amount of time in a year isn't Disney. Taking excruciating detail to make sure everything is in working order BEFORE allowing guests into an attraction, is.

One of the "keys to the kingdom" that was pounded into our heads during our training was "Show trumps Efficiency." Show is THE most important part of Disney, and bad show should never be ignored, because if we do Disney's standard may slip even further.

And we aren't asking for a "perfect day," but it should be as close to perfect as possible. The level of errors that are currently plaguing the WDW property is unacceptable. The Yeti in EE is broken, and won't be fixed for quite a while. The shape of many of MK's classic attractions, such as Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Peter Pan's Flight are in despicable shape.

Todd L

Yes I am. Because Disney is supposed to stand for quality, and I want every attraction I experience to be in 100% working order.

Yea they do want to get things running ASAP, even if it means opening an attraction before it is even close to ready. For an example please reference Spaceship Earth

Ummm we should dictate what goes on inside the gates because WE are the reason its there. Management should always pander to the guests, and attempt to give the guests the best possible experience. Duct tape and chewing gum rehabs of rides in order to keep them up for the most amount of time in a year isn't Disney. Taking excruciating detail to make sure everything is in working order BEFORE allowing guests into an attraction, is.

One of the "keys to the kingdom" that was pounded into our heads during our training was "Show trumps Efficiency." Show is THE most important part of Disney, and bad show should never be ignored, because if we do Disney's standard may slip even further.

And we aren't asking for a "perfect day," but it should be as close to perfect as possible. The level of errors that are currently plaguing the WDW property is unacceptable. The Yeti in EE is broken, and won't be fixed for quite a while. The shape of many of MK's classic attractions, such as Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Peter Pan's Flight are in despicable shape.

Well I sure didnt intend to ruffle any feathers. I can understand peoples feelings getting hurt by Disneys apparent loss of quality control but what I cannot understand is the attitude that Disney should do what ever people think they should do. People want to dictate what attractions get christmas attention and complain about Bears heads at unnatural angles.

Its nice to see The fans caring so much BUT, at what point does the criticism end? Are any of you gonna stop going to Wdw? And people thinking they understand the inner workings of Disney at a corporate level is just beyond me. I know some of you are current and past cm's which certainley give you more insight than I have But does that mean you sat in a board meeting and discussed where investments are made and how much money should be spent rehabbing rides?

I can tell you without doubt that it would be nice to walk in and have a perfect day at Disney. Im hoping for a few myself. I just gotta believe that they decided it was better to open the Cbj and work out the kinks over the first few days/week than to wait any longer.
im sure more people complained about it being closed than people who complained about technical issues.

Maybe the writings on the wall and they just dont care as much as they did years ago.
Maybe they know that they will continue to make money hand over fist reguardless of whether or not people like the Christmas parade or the Amount of ice in your drink.
I was at universal studios last year and let me tell you they are spending a ton of money over there. You have the right to be upset i guess but it seems like youre be so critical of something you love so much and I just cant make sense of that no matter how you cut it.

I didnt mean to hurt anyones feeling and if I did im Sorry.

SirGoofy

ummmmmmmmmmm so dont go if its so terrible . You always have the option to stay home and complain about things on the forums.None of any of that gives you the right to dictate what goes on inside the gates. If you stay home there are 1000 people looking to go in your place.

You sir, are WDW Management's dream guest. "Wow, half this stuff isn't working! Who cares I'm at Disney!"

I love these parks. I have a passion that comes from being a cast member, and I want to have pride in the company I work for. Things would never been in this condition when Disney was on top of it's game. But WDW Management doesn't give 2 spits about the guests. All they care about is their bottom line, and you as a fan, should not be happy about that.

Again "SHOW TRUMPS EFFICIENCY!" But of course, what do I know? They only repeated that 900 times during Traditions, which teaches what this company is about to new hires. Maybe it's time management took the course over.

And just curious, who should dictate what goes on inside the gates? Because if it's not the guests, the people who are supposed to be enjoying these rides, I have no idea who it should be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom