News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

BalooChicago

If they’re just countrifying Disney songs they don’t need Mac McAnally. They’re keeping the bears! I’m nervous but hopeful. It could certainly be worse.

Mac’s awards. In addition to Jimmy Kenny Chesney has covered his songs. “That’s my job” is one of my favorites, and the last song Mac sang to Jimmy.

23075F1A-F26E-4CCD-8B5F-E90E2C4968C1.jpeg

LittleBuford

I'm very easy to please. Leave the bears as they are now. It also happens to be the cheapest option.
But not one that makes much sense from a business perspective. Disney was never just going to leave the show as it is, because it isn’t a draw. I personally think it should be in everyone’s Top Ten, because it’s amazing and charming and hilarious, but the vast majority of guests don’t agree.

wdwfan22

When the retheme flops, they can use that as justification to get rid of the bears entirely. Getting rid of them in their current form would be like getting rid of it's a small world in terms of outrage.
They have no intention of getting rid of the bears. They could have removed them years ago, but they know the show is popular and a people eater. It's not going anywhere.

SplashJacket

View attachment 741789
To be fair it could've been a full gut/replacement.
As much as I hate to admit it, I’ve yet to find anyone that shares my enthusiasm for country bears outside niche super fans. It’s not just that’s it’s an old classic, lots of love for E.T. or even Tiki birds through the years.

It needed an update, and if that’s what it takes to keep it around, I’m okay with it.

All that I ask is Blood on the saddle remains. I’m not attached to any of the other songs.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I'm very easy to please. Leave the bears as they are now. It also happens to be the cheapest option.
You may be easy to ease but you’re quite bereft of any common sense if you thought the Bears would be staying as they are. The fact you guys would rather have them ripped out than saved with an IP update says more about you than Disney, tbh.

But it’s mimosa time! I’ll check back in on the meltdowns later today. Cheers 🥂

cqdreamer

I’ve been going to CBJ since I could walk and talk. As a lover of this show and also a huge fan of country music, I cannot wait to see what they imagine for this new show. I am very optimistic that they will move from the 60’s country to 70’s to early 90’s country! I will say from what I saw in the panel and the teaser videos posted on social media, one of the people in the video looks similar to a well known Country Hall of Fame artist that I grew up listening to Randy Owen (Lead singer of Alabama). The CBJ has such a special place in my heart and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for this real old country rhythm!! 🐻🪕

Brian

But not one that makes much sense from a business perspective. Disney was never just going to leave the show as it is, because it isn’t a draw. I personally think it should be in everyone’s Top Ten, because it’s amazing and charming and hilarious, but the vast majority of guests don’t agree.
Agreed. Given current social dynamics, it would be foolish to assume that the attraction would stick around in its current form. Combine that with the lackluster visitation, and it's easy to see why it has been on the chopping block for some time now.

That post was more wishful thinking, albeit unrealistic, to be sure.

Mike S

I’ve been going to CBJ since I could walk and talk. As a lover of this show and also a huge fan of country music, I cannot wait to see what they imagine for this new show. I am very optimistic that they will move from the 60’s country to 70’s to early 90’s country! I will say from what I saw in the panel and the teaser videos posted on social media, one of the people in the video looks similar to a well known Country Hall of Fame artist that I grew up listening to Randy Owen (Lead singer of Alabama). The CBJ has such a special place in my heart and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for this real old country rhythm!! 🐻🪕
They already confirmed it’s just country versions of Disney songs.

hopemax

I've always found it fascinating how many of the songs in CBJ were from the 1960's. These weren't the most famous country tunes, but they were certainly current. Now I wouldn't want a CBJ show with songs by Morgan Wallen or Luke Combs, quite frankly, but it would be nice to include some of the most classic songs associated with the genre, such as "Jolene" by Dolly Parton, "Country Roads" by John Denver, or "All My Exes Live in Texas" by George Strait. I guess most of those songs are still pretty old, but at least they're recognizable and fun. Having Trixie or the Sunbonnet Trio sing a Shania Twain song, whether it be "Man, I Feel like a Woman," "Any Man of Mine," or "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" would absolutely go hard.

Not that I could ever see this song actually being sung in a Disney park, but Charlie Marie's "El Paso" has always struck me as the perfect song for a modern Country Bear Jamboree.

Exactly! They are doing this wrong. It shouldn’t be familiar Disney songs the bears should be singing, but Country songs and styling more familiar to today’s audiences.

But the licensing would likely be much more expensive, and not a one time consultation type fee.

peng

It was #2 on the Stories Matter list due to some of the off color jokes. This is probably the most reasonable compromise.
Said reason seemed to boil down to Liverlips' name, which has seemingly been changed. I actually think this is a good idea, some of the songs should remain from the old version, but option B seemed to be evict them entirely for some other IP. Surprisingly, Distwitter seems to be on the same page as you guys and is against adding the new songs, I actually think its a good way to keep them in long term as opposed to evicting them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom